Aberdeen Fouls & Incidents Video

Neither Tav or Hedges tried to foul anybody but there was accidental contact. If Tav's card is unjustified then so was Hedge's red.

By the interpretation of the curent rules I'd say the decisions were fair as long as both incidents are treated the same. And by that I'm not suggesting that the rules are OK.
Tavernier never touched him whereas Hedges did,accidental or not.

To be honest - dolly have - for as far back as I can remember- always had more than it's fair share of so-called hard men

Even in Fergie's time they had a pretty physical presence -
Although many of them might have had some skill & ability - they were still known for dishing out the rough stuff

Maybe my memory's not accurate - but I can't remember Mcinnes being over physical when he was with us -

If that is correct- it's all the more surprising he's built his squad of thugs & has them playing the way they do

I find it difficult to identify what their game plan, tactics, formation & system actually is ?
Because if you take away their 'foul-on-site' approach- I'm not sure what's left ?

o_O Was there actually any contact .Didn't look like it to me from that shot .
consider some of the stuff Cosgrove got away with for 90 mins and Ferguson till he was booked on 80 and the Trav stick on holds no water
Cosgrove & Ferguson should’ve been booked and later red carded for persistent fouling. That doesn’t mean Tavs wasn’t a yellow. It means poor refereeing.

Thought today's game deserved one of these.
The penalty/ red card was 100%
Curtis Main should have been off and should face further action as the precedent has been set.
Ferguson was lucky to stay on the park.
Cosgrove fouled his way through the game as usual without punishment.
Another off the ball hit on Alf as he makes a run. This happens in a lot of games and is never punished.
Tav's yellow seems odd to say the least.
Left in Kamara's flick and Aribo sticking the ball past a static potato late on.
Bitchute link

Really?

The most obvious yellow card was Ferguson on Kent, a block and wrestling at the same time.
I wont even comment on the blatant red card for Main and Cosgrove's persistent fouling. Ridiculous.

What happened with Cosgrove and Borna in the first few minutes?

Cosgrove got spoken to again but I've not seen a single person mention it and sky didn't show any replay.

Borna looked well pissed off, anyone got any footage?
hard to know as no replay if the camera even caught it but borna thumping the turf in anger or frustration or even pain suggested he'd been done with the studs but as i say hard to know but he did,nt react for no reason

Cosgrove & Ferguson should’ve been booked and later red carded for persistent fouling. That doesn’t mean Tavs wasn’t a yellow. It means poor refereeing.
Wasn't a yellow if he didn,t touch him though .From the video on here any contact is not obvious and would have been both very slight and totally accidental as Hayes played smart and cut across Tav s path.
Difference with hedges was he denied a goal scoring chance and had to go .
Hayes was in the middle of his own half .
Even if Tav did slightly clip him ,there were a few dozen sheep tackles and assaults all over the park that were worse and did'nt get carded .

Thought today's game deserved one of these.
The penalty/ red card was 100%
Curtis Main should have been off and should face further action as the precedent has been set.
Ferguson was lucky to stay on the park.
Cosgrove fouled his way through the game as usual without punishment.
Another off the ball hit on Alf as he makes a run. This happens in a lot of games and is never punished.
Tav's yellow seems odd to say the least.
Left in Kamara's flick and Aribo sticking the ball past a static potato late on.
Bitchute link

I think it is great you go to the trouble to show these things.I hope you keep doing it Ed as it is good to see evidence or things that we don't get replay of.

Still can't believe that Ferguson wasn't booked for blocking Kent.
Before he actually got cautioned, there must have been at least three other opportunities to book Ferguson without it being for persistent fouling.
I cannot see this Ferguson in a Rangers jersey (hopefully never at all) being shown so much leniency.

Madden and Beaton should’ve sent off Duffy and Main. That would send a clear signal to the rest of the hammer throwing orcs that it won’t be tolerated.

Apart from the fact he didn't make contact and was a yard and a half away from Hayes when he fell to the ground I agree 100% with you. :)
He does make contact that’s why Tav doesn’t really argue. And having sent off an Aberdeen boy for the exact same thing it was always going to be a yellow card when he was breaking away

He does make contact that’s why Tav doesn’t really argue. And having sent off an Aberdeen boy for the exact same thing it was always going to be a yellow card when he was breaking away
In the slo-mo Hayes legs do not deviate from their natural movement at any point and I see zero contact. Tav runs past the back of him, Hayes has 2 full, unaffected, strides from then (the only point they possibly could've made contact) as Tav is gaining ground on his right, then he collapses onto the ground hoping for a free kick. That's what I saw anyway.

In the slo-mo Hayes legs do not deviate from their natural movement at any point and I see zero contact. Tav runs past the back of him, Hayes has 2 full, unaffected, strides from then (the only point they possibly could've made contact) as Tav is gaining ground on his right, then he collapses onto the ground hoping for a free kick. That's what I saw anyway.
You’re right from that angle it doesn’t look like he catches him but he definitely does. You can tell by how the players react, nobody complains and as thick as Hayes is he’s not likely to take a superman dive so blatantly

The late tackle on Alfie near the end was also shocking,could've ended badly on another day! Team of thugs!
Type of tackle I used to see and like but I believe if Morelos had tackled Logan like the then he would have been off

If Beaton applied the rules and laws of the game yesterday, Aberdeen would have been down to 9 men in the first half.
Agree completely.

If elite level football in this country is to improve, referees have a big part to play in protecting technical players against low-grade thuggery.

Thankfully, Rangers are a side that can stand up to both physical and technical challenges.

Back