Aberdeen want £10 million for Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case, Joe Aribo just got more expensive and so did Borna Barisic.

If this kid is worth £10m, Aribo is worth £20m.

With the amount of stupid money EPL clubs throw at League 1 / Championship dross, clubs in Scotland should absolutely be taking advantage

If our diddy clubs can start getting good money for their players it only bodes well for us when we sell our best talent

Fair play to them for driving up the prices, it’s good for the whole of Scottish football.

However, I hope it falls through. :)

Ramsey is rumoured to be a Rangers fan.

If clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs want to compete with Rangers and Celtic then they need to be producing good talent from their youth academy and then after a few years of good service they need to be selling them at prices like that to be able to replace them with decent players that allow them to compete. Otherwise we just end up with the same old stale shite we are being served up week after week in this league.

If we manage to get to the CL this year the gap between us, them and the rest will to move to beyond recoverable from those teams because just now the gap already huge. I mean Hearts were 3rd best in Scotland, they took us to extra time but in reality they were not even in that game.

If clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs want to compete with Rangers and Celtic then they need to be producing good talent from their youth academy and then after a few years of good service they need to be selling them at prices like that to be able to replace them with decent players that allow them to compete. Otherwise we just end up with the same old stale shite we are being served up week after week in this league.

If we manage to get to the CL this year the gap between us, them and the rest will to move to beyond recoverable from those teams because just now the gap already huge. I mean Hearts were 3rd best in Scotland, they took us to extra time but in reality they were not even in that game.
None of these clubs will ever compete with us. Aberdeen had a couple of years of glory because we were just back from the lower leagues and were an absolute basket case. Unless something like that happens again they will always be wee diddy clubs.

We are paying Alfie the wages of a £20m player?

I would imagine he will be getting 25-30k a week so probably not far off his level. If we want to keep him we will have to up that to meet his demands.

This lad is probably getting about £1500 max a week.

Meanwhile, back in the land of FF.....

"Morelos, get rid, £5m tops. If someone offers £15m for Bassey he's gone and rightly so. We'd get £8m for Kamara at a push. No chance do we get £10m for Aribo. If we get our fee back for Borna we'll be doing well. Kent is never a £7m player. Goldson is Championship level at best."

I don’t like those comments haha!

Are we paying Bassey the wages of a £25m player?

If rangers want to keep bassey they will need to renegotiate his contract to bring him in line with what his worth is. The difference is that Aberdeen will up his by 500 a week to try and keep hom

I posted in the transfer thread that wanting £3m - this time last week btw - was mental. But £10m with add ins? %^*& off. The boy is nowhere near Patterson’s level for starters.

13780935.jpg

wpid-roywalker240708_450x376.jpg

He’s only got 2 years left on his current deal, this is their best time to maximise the fee unless he signs a new one.

For the player it’s a decision between life changing money and going back in to youth/u23 football or keep playing senior football and see if there is still the option of this type of love in a year or end of his contract.

Meanwhile, back in the land of FF.....

"Morelos, get rid, £5m tops. If someone offers £15m for Bassey he's gone and rightly so. We'd get £8m for Kamara at a push. No chance do we get £10m for Aribo. If we get our fee back for Borna we'll be doing well. Kent is never a £7m player. Goldson is Championship level at best."
And then they usually follow it up with something like "it's all about opinions" as if their mental takes are something to be proud of.

They'll want 10 but probably accept about 3.. I have no idea what the lad is like as I don't watch much of Aberdeen and I doubt many here will know either

All very well some lauding the Sheep for demanding this ridiculous sum of money as it drives transfers up. Does it, or does it have them laughing and walking away?

I guess the pertinent question we should be asking ourselves is whether we think Ramsey is worth £10m. How would we feel if Rangers offered that sort of money - or even a half of it - for him? Would we consider it good value? If not, then why should anybody else be expected to pay it, be they loaded with cash or not?

Right now Ramsey, for me, has a bit of the Josh Doig of the season before last about him. In fact I'm not even sure I've seen him play as well as Doig did that season. And look at how it went for the latter last season.

They should hold out for what they think he's worth - too many players go for buttons that are decent talents. I don't know whether he's worth that. Being an Aberdeen player would probably suggest not but who knows what he could become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back