Abuse on Kamara's Instagram

prenzlauerbear

Just when you think this mob couldn't sink any lower, I notice their fans have been going through Kamara's old photos and leaving racist abuse.

Just a couple of examples:

I loathe to even give this pond life the time of day but it is absolutely unacceptable and proves Gerrard's point about how these situations escalate. I've reported them, and hope anyone else who uses it does the same thing.

Just when you think this mob couldn't sink any lower, I notice their fans have been going through Kamara's old photos and leaving racist abuse.

Just a couple of examples:

I loathe to even give this pond life the time of day but it is absolutely unacceptable and proves Gerrard's point about how these situations escalate. I've reported them, and hope anyone else who uses it does the same thing.
Surely ip addresses can be traced?

I only use Insta because I like the content, it's quite fun, it's only pictures at the end of the day! Since Thursday though it is the worst of the lot, their current T&C's say there may be delays in removing reported content due to Covid. Aye raking in millions in adverts but can't employ people to sit at home and remove then report vile content.

%^*& Zuckerberg and %^*& Slavia

Can do very little unfortunately as can be easily hidden, the onus is on social media companies to do a lot lot more to deal with these issues. Verified accounts could be a start.

The issue is so far widespread across so many countries with different expectations and laws that there's not much social media platforms can do. Can hardly expect instagram to report the messages to the Czech polis if it's not a crime over there (no idea if it is or not). The word "negro" for example is an insult on these shores but used as a term of endearment in other countries and is the word "black" in other countries. Are we expecting social media companies to have employees monitoring posts from across the globe that understand each minute cultural difference across these countries?

Not sure what the answer is.

I’m rarely shocked by the behaviour of people but post Thursday I’ve been taken aback by the reaction of (i) the racist in question, (ii) Slavia and (iii) Salvia fans.

I just don’t understand it. Below scum.

Its not important in the grander scheme of things but this is going to have a significant impact on the performance tomorrow. I don’t see how it can’t. Kamara, Roofe and Goldson are clearly scunnered (with good reason).

Last edited:
The issue is so far widespread across so many countries with different expectations and laws that there's not much social media platforms can do. Can hardly expect instagram to report the messages to the Czech polis if it's not a crime over there (no idea if it is or not). The word "negro" for example is an insult on these shores but used as a term of endearment in other countries and is the word "black" in other countries. Are we expecting social media companies to have employees monitoring posts from across the globe that understand each minute cultural difference across these countries?

Not sure what the answer is.

A start would be clubs like Slavia acknowledging they have a very real and very widespread issue with racism.

I'm not one to generalize, but this remains a huge issue in Eastern European society at large. You saw the England game against Bulgaria; it's like an incident happens every week in Russia. For what it's worth, my missus is Ukranian and from a family of Dynamo Kyiv fans; even they admit it is off the scale at times there.

So long as the clubs stay silent — or worse, come up with pathetic excuses to excuse the incidents — it will always be a problem. These people need to take accountability.

A start would be clubs like Slavia acknowledging they have a very real and very widespread issue with racism.

I'm not one to generalize, but this remains a huge issue in Eastern European society at large. You saw the England game against Bulgaria; it's like an incident happens every week in Russia. For what it's worth, my missus is Ukranian and from a family of Dynamo Kyiv fans; even they admit it is off the scale at times there.

So long as the clubs stay silent — or worse, come up with pathetic excuses to excuse the incidents — it will always be a problem. These people need to take accountability.

Agreed. It is widespread and gets worse the further east you go in Europe. I didn’t realise the Czech‘s were this bad. I’ve certainly never seen it on visits to the country. I’m amazed and disgusted.

clubs stay 'silent' because in these backwards countries they don't see it as an issue.

it's a disgrace. These countries should be dragged into the 21st century, kicking and screaming.

Agreed. It is widespread and gets worse the further east you go in Europe. I didn’t realise the Czech‘s were this bad. I’ve certainly never seen it on visits to the country. I’m amazed and disgusted.
The fans engaging with them on Reddit can't even get a decent chat with them, immediately offended by being labelled Eastern European. The knuckle draggers actually think they are noble, liberal central Europeans and not alky racists that even Russia decided to pull out like they were a diseased hooker

Seems like it may be the Czech Republic state that need to challenge this and have there coppers investigate .
Slavia the club too IF they are involved or orchestrating it .

clubs stay 'silent' because in these backwards countries they don't see it as an issue.

it's a disgrace. These countries should be dragged into the 21st century, kicking and screaming.
I remember in Italy ultras saying making monkey chants was a compliment because it meant they were fearful of the player and it was to put them off their game. Where do you even start with that? Well you don't even start with it because nothing was ever done and it was just accepted

The fans engaging with them on Reddit can't even get a decent chat with them, immediately offended by being labelled Eastern European. The knuckle draggers actually think they are noble, liberal central Europeans and not alky racists that even Russia decided to pull out like they were a diseased hooker

Says a lot. Dont fancy being labelled Eastern European but racism is fair doos.

Im not a young guy, Im not in the UB, I'm not one of these typical young team guys that drink Buckfast and start fights.

I have a family and job to protect. I don't need a criminal record.

But if we draw them next season and their fans come over I will be in the front line to kick their kunt in.

And I won't be the only one feeling this.

I'm beginning to think some of them are mentally disturbed. This reaction to a little known player in Scotland is incredible.

As sickening as this is we need to acknowledge that Czech society is in a different place to the UK regarding racial equality.

We can condemn it and call it out but it requires buy-in which is where international sporting competition can play a part.

Unfortunately the game is rife with corruption in the corridors of its highest towers.

I don't believe racism and singing the word "19th Century Terrorist" are the same.

However, the uncomfortable truth is that it has taken a bitter and hate-filled political campaign by our enemies which Uefa and FARE bought into for us to stop certain songs and chants.

UEFA can't fix all of the social issues in Prague or the Czech Republic but they have the power to hurt this mob.

They are backed by CCP money so if financial measures will not cut it then throw them out, make a genuine example of them.

Reputational damage is powerful.

Unfortunately I have little faith in the governing bodies.

Or put to the sword mate. Would fit in well with their 18th century leanings.

It is on literally every picture on his page. This is honestly the worst coordinated case of racist abuse I’ve ever seen.
I know he shouldn’t have to,but I think he should be blocking people or accounts he doesn’t know.

I genuinely have no idea why famous people subject themselves to being online like this. Its far to easy for scumbags to abuse them like this.

Back