Accies lack of urgency

When the game was being played at high pace they couldn’t lay a glove on us.

Only way they could cope was by trying to keep things pedestrian

When your manager is running to retrieve the ball you know you need to review the ball boy situation.
Was laughing at the accies centre forward wasting time when being subbed 1-0 down.

Was that the guy who fixed his socks?

They had a game plan, the same as Kilmarnock and Livingston do every week.

Keep it tight until the last 10/15 minutes then come out your shell if you are only getting beat by one.

Nothing to lose at one nil, chance of getting a late equaliser or losing 2 nil.

Is the correct answer at only 1-0 they come out in the last 10 the crowd gets nervous and they hope it transfers to Rangers.
Thankfully the good guys won.

They time wasted the entire match.... if they had equalised in added on time surely that is cheating? Bizarre

The lad went down injured in our box at around 82 minutes and was trying to waste time. Baffling.

They were making me sweat for the last 10 minutes. We seemed nervous at the end.

It was a boring game of football from both sides

Keep it tight until the last 10/15 minutes then come out your shell if you are only getting beat by one.

This, they started to get in our half a lot more from about 75 mins.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much time wasting from a trailing team before.

On another note, this constant time wasting and gamesmanship from these teams absolutely destroys the entertainment value of the game. You’d think something would be done to protect the product on the park, no laughing at the back.

Absolutely, play as if they've given up, but the game plan is still running. And to be fair, the way we reacted as they finally had a go, plus the panic from the stands, on another day it might have paid off. Still, the way to make it redundant was for us to have converted our possession into goals, which is another discussion entirely.

Exactly, if it’s 0-0 or if they are getting beat 1-0 they know in the last 15 they will get at least one chance and the Bears will be anxious which will pass on to the players, so they’ve a good chance of getting something - quite a smart plan actually.

In all fairness if they had tried anything else they would have been in trouble. We dominated that game. The tactic against Rangers is just to frustrate and try defend as much as possible. If they had tried to play football I am confident we would have picked them off today.

It's as simple as that.

Good description.
They went four up with ten to play,
Unfortunately, we are too slow to take advantage.

Trying to waste time in the hope they nicked a goal near end

On that note what were the ball boys doing today? No tempo at all from anywhere, only shagger telling us to speed play up

Game plan.
Keep it at 0-0 as long as possible try to nick a goal maybe get 3 points.
0-1 as above maybe get 1 point.
0-2 have to open up a bit.
0-3 back to original plan, goal difference may come into it.

Playing the numbers game and thinking that goal difference could come into it at the end of the season.

4/5-0 pumping won't help them....

It was bizarre when the full time whistle went and a few of them fell to their knees as if they were hard done by. They offered heehaw although we nearly gave them a route back in by giving away a couple of free kicks in a dangerous area but overall they were rotten.

Not what the table says. Dundee and St Mirren are both worse. So far, anyway. We're on course to stay up, for what will be the sixth consecutive season.
Ok, i agree and should have said its one of the worst performances i have ever seen from another team at Ibrox. Given what i seen from Dundee and what i seen of Hamilton id be a wee bit concerned. Hamilton always surprise everyone though and i wish them well again this season in their quest for SPL survival. As long as they don't take ponts from us.

Back