Affected Supporters

From a purely selfish reason I was happy with this. Sit in GR4, gold MyGers etc etc

But seeing the amount in our bus chat who are affected with their kids and not knowing if they’ll get OF tickets I’ve changed. Our bus is full of youngsters who love going to Ibrox. This affects them and isn’t a good look.
Well said Sir, yesterday's news doesn't affect me, but it really angers me the the club are happy to bump out young fans, for that mob

I'm guessing all of those season ticket holders defending the club would be more than happy to move from their favoured seat to accommodate a parent and child moving to let the scum back in!

Pretty sure the response would be different if they were told they had to move from their great view in the govan rear to the front row of the govan front so a parent and child can take advantage of the spare seat.

Just reallocate everyone a new seat for season, see how you all respond to that situation.

Ps I'm not a season ticket holder.

This thread is bonkers.

All season tickets in the Broomloan before our board took the huff and started the whole allocation nonsense were without OF game. That was the norm for years. Anyone that bought a ST there, knew the rules.

Those who subsequently bought STs in the Broomloan after the huff must have known that there was always a possibility that they would revert back to giving the tims that stand? Or is that far too much common sense?

Now we have a scenario where it’s only a percentage of the Broomloan having to miss the game, or get a seat change (yes i understand the current seat change set up is shite and not everyone will be happy with it come renewals time)

And the meltdown from some in the replies on here is just bonkers.

Fair point.
It’s far from ideal but I wonder if Edmiston house priority is a possibility for anyone unfortunate enough to not get a seat? Perhaps with best seats and kind of VIP type extras/perks thrown in.
Yes, this and the many other decent ideas flagged above should all be explored. The best ideas and understanding of the issues are coming from the people on the ground who are at the sharp end of the decisions. Fan liason and SLO input posted missing so far. What's that for then if not for dealing proactively with issues like this?

I’d highly doubt they will ever get back what they had, it’s just beyond unworkable now. It’s not the great big boogeyman lurking to me some are making it out to be since yesterday.

An allocation like that which has been agreed has felt like the outcome to all of this for a while now, appeases a lot of our fans
Unworkable? Rangers have proved that they'll just pap out paying customers to facilitate celtic fans. People that have had season tickets for years, shown loyalty and bought tickets in the affected areas, in good faith, before Rangers moved the goal posts.

It's the first day since the 3k allocation was announced. It's being heralded as a step in the right direction.

Sutton and Rodgers are already calling for a return to 8k. We haven't even played a game with 3k yet.

The safety concerns that have prevented fans getting in seem to have disappeared. For the moment at least. How are they any safer? They are in the same corner. If anything, there's more of them to aim for. At the same time, there's more of them to throw stuff. The "safety issues" are going to rear their head after 1 game, and guess what the proposed solution will be?

I'm actually not particularly bothered about the allocation. 800/3k/8k, it's all the same to me. But the club made a choice and have sold the seats to our fans for years. At least have the courage of your convictions. Some of the people getting shafted will have been sitting there for years. Some of them will be young bears, just getting into the football. It's so fucking wrong, it's unbelievable and the attitude of "Well that's their tough shit, they should be in gold like me." is disgusting.

Agreed, but when there is bad news to be given out organisations are judged on how they handle that. 'First come first served' just shows how little effort the club are putting into this. They probably put more input and decision making time into the monotonous marketing dirge we get from them on such a regular basis. Less marketing staff and more (good) customer service staff would be my vote.
Just as an additional thought on that. It would be good if the club could go to the effort of keeping a record of who misses out and try and ensure that if someone does they are prioritised for the next old firm clash.

Fair point.
It’s far from ideal, but I wonder if Edmiston house priority is a possibility for anyone unfortunate enough to not get a seat? Perhaps with best seats and kind of VIP type extras/perks thrown in.
Put our own fans out stadium to sit on a bench in Edmiston House so scum fans can get in?

No thanks.

Our own fans, many who are the next generation as affected ST holders are in the family stand, are being treated worse by our own board (and some of our fans) than the scum fans are.

It's going to be difficult to explain to a young fan why they can no longer go to games against them, in our own stadium, but more of their fans can.

Unworkable? Rangers have proved that they'll just pap out paying customers to facilitate celtic fans. People that have had season tickets for years, shown loyalty and bought tickets in the affected areas, in good faith, before Rangers moved the goal posts.

It's the first day since the 3k allocation was announced. It's being heralded as a step in the right direction.

Sutton and Rodgers are already calling for a return to 8k. We haven't even played a game with 3k yet.

The safety concerns that have prevented fans getting in seem to have disappeared. For the moment at least. How are they any safer? They are in the same corner. If anything, there's more of them to aim for. At the same time, there's more of them to throw stuff. The "safety issues" are going to rear their head after 1 game, and guess what the proposed solution will be?

I'm actually not particularly bothered about the allocation. 800/3k/8k, it's all the same to me. But the club made a choice and have sold the seats to our fans for years. At least have the courage of your convictions. Some of the people getting shafted will have been sitting there for years. Some of them will be young bears, just getting into the football. It's so fucking wrong, it's unbelievable and the attitude of "Well that's their tough shit, they should be in gold like me." is disgusting.

The club are having to correct a crap decision they engaged in, it’s unfortunate there is collateral in it, it should never have reached the place it did.

I'm guessing all of those season ticket holders defending the club would be more than happy to move from their favoured seat to accommodate a parent and child moving to let the scum back in!

Pretty sure the response would be different if they were told they had to move from their great view in the govan rear to the front row of the govan front so a parent and child can take advantage of the spare seat.

Just reallocate everyone a new seat for season, see how you all respond to that situation.

Some sense, I might need to take a break from FF as reading from those unaffected by this telling us what a great thing this is has to be the low point of my years following Rangers.

You know, of course, it would be a different story if it affected them.

The club are denying a generation of youngsters seeing an Old Firm at Ibrox.

That's a whole lot bigger than some of our fans not getting a green seat at tramp towers.
young and generations of fans have been denied the chance to see season defining moments like those in your image a moment that clearly meant a lot regardless of where it was played out.

Put our own fans out stadium to sit on a bench in Edmiston House so scum fans can get in?

No thanks.

Our own fans, many who are the next generation as affected ST holders are in the family stand, are being treated worse by our own board (and some of our fans) than the scum fans are.

It's going to be difficult to explain to a young fan why they can no longer go to games against them, in our own stadium, but more of their fans can.
Explain the big picture, what’s ultimately best for their club going forward, stuff discussed in the thread.

Some sense, I might need to take a break from FF as reading from those unaffected by this telling us what a great thing this is has to be the low point of my years following Rangers.

You know, of course, it would be a different story if it affected them.
This has been 1 of the biggest issues since the announcement for me.

A supposed "Rangers Family" who are only too happy to turn their backs on fellow supporters as long as it either doesn't affect them or suits what they want.

Our support has shown it isn't what it's made out to be and that is a massive disappointment.

The board are businessmen and in a way it's easier to deal with the disappointment of being let down again by them. They make business decisions.

Fellow supporters turning their backs on those affected is making me question if this something I want to be a part of going forward. I know that if this wasn't affecting myself, I would be backing those that it does and fighting alongside them. I thought that's what the "Rangers Family" was about but it seems its more "I'm Alright Jack"

A supposed "Rangers Family" who are only too happy to turn their backs on fellow supporters as long as it either doesn't affect them or suits what they want.

Our support has shown it isn't what it's made out to be and that is a massive disappointment.

The board are businessmen and in a way it's easier to deal with the disappointment of being let down again by them. They make business decisions.

Fellow supporters turning their backs on those affected is making me question if this something I want to be a part of going forward. I know that if this wasn't affecting myself, I would be backing those that it does and fighting alongside them. I thought that's what the "Rangers Family" was about but it seems its more "I'm Alright Jack"
Agree 100% few on the ignore list going forward.
Selfish bastards in our support and never thought I’d see the day when a yahoo was preferred in Ibrox to another Bear. Strange times we are living in.

Fellow supporters turning their backs on those affected is making me question if this something I want to be a part of going forward.

You’ve by default been part of that stance for years though? That stance got this situation to where it was in the first place

The thoughts of a massive % of our support have been completely dismissed for years

Last edited:
The club are having to correct a crap decision they engaged in, it’s unfortunate there is collateral in it, it should never have reached the place it did.
Agreed, and the email of yesterday might as well have been 'Dear Collateral Damage, we have taken your money for the last X number of years; but other factors have changed our mind so we are taking your seat away again for the two premium situations that you pay for. But don't worry, log on to our site when your renewal comes out and see what you can find'. As above, the main issue here is not the decision, it is how it is being implemented.

I'm with you on this one

If the board/top brass had even just a hint of respect for the fans they'd be in the concourse in the broomloan today before the game discussing the issue with affected STH. Explaining the decision. Discussing options for seat moves etc.

Not a chance you will see any of them!

If the board/top brass had even just a hint of respect for the fans they'd be in the concourse in the broomloan today before the game discussing the issue with affected STH. Explaining the decision. Discussing options for seat moves etc.

Aye, because that would be a well reasoned, fairly debated exchange.

It would turn into an absolute shit show where nothing positive could from it, other than people ranting.

I don't agree with letting the scum back in, back all they had to do was say give us 6/12 months. We'll try to move affected seats, we'll sell new season tickets without scum games. Give us a 6/12/18 months and we'll try to make it work without impacting current STH. Increase it gradually from 700/800 etc

Do you think the scum would have done this to their hoardes!!

It would turn into an absolute shit show where nothing positive could from it, other than people ranting.
Maybe they need to hear the rants.

Pretty sure some of us have been called into large meetings with top brass at work to all be told your jobs gone. They front up and take it on the chin.

The lack of information to affected ST holders is a disgrace to be fair.

Those of us affected have no idea how this will pan out, compared to drop in sessions, Q&A documents and all the help required to align the seat move of someone affected in the Copland to their matchday experience.

We have been told 1st come 1st served. No idea if it's pick a new seat at renewal or just renew and hope for the best. No information at all.

Way i see it is they will only miss out if they are insistent on seats together for the OF game.

Given there is such strong sentiment among sections of the support, maybe a "ticket swap" could be set up for displaced supporters for these games, where other fans in the stadium with seats together volunteer to swap so displaced bears with youngsters who they don't want split up from can swap for the 2 games.

Personally me and my mates I sit beside would swap on a one off basis for such a reason. I'm sure enough would sign up to ensure no ST holder would miss out on these games.
We would happily swap for OF games to single seats elsewhere, to facilitate displaced bears with kids being able to sit together.
Not going to be easy for the ticket office office to sort out all the seat moves in the summer, we aren't affected but sympathise with those involved. Personally I've no great attachment to my seat, if moving seat helped out youngster's continue to sit with their families I'd gladly do so.

Those of us affected have no idea how this will pan out, compared to drop in sessions, Q&A documents and all the help required to align the seat move of someone affected in the Copland to their matchday experience.

We have been told 1st come 1st served. No idea if it's pick a new seat at renewal or just renew and hope for the best. No information at all.

Appreciate that, but some hastily arranged shouting match will be a shit show and achieve nothing other than further chaos.

Hopefully they get the info needed pulled together asap, but visions of Bisgrove and Broxi getting shouted at by some angry dad’s isn’t going to help.

Last edited:

Those happened when the decision to alter allocations was made in the first place?

All of those in depth discussions with fans to find out what most thought?

I would on a single game basis to allow a parent and child sit together rather than them miss out.

If they really cared, fans forum in NEH for all concerned. Could easily have a couple of sessions before/after todays game to get the message out.

This was always going to end up this way, some sort of compromise between what they had and more than the 800 offered currently, I’m surprised it’s as little as 5%! Rightly or wrongly you’re dealing with petulant children when it comes to them and they just throw the toys out the pram for the footballing authorities to give them new ones on all sorts of issues! Next they will be picking their own refs especially should we go on and win this title, they are scared of them and their unhinged fans! We’ve massively let our own down here and it’s sad to see! Children grow up to be adult fans and in 15 years it will be mind we got fucked over for them!

I would on a single game basis to allow a parent and child sit together rather than them miss out.
Fair play to you. Why hasn't this been announced as an option by the club. Why did the announcement need to be made this week. Have a set of balls and tell the scum that it can get announced in the summer after all of this has been thoght through.

All season tickets in the Broomloan before our board took the huff and started the whole allocation nonsense were without OF game. That was the norm for years. Anyone that bought a ST there, knew the rules.

Those who subsequently bought STs in the Broomloan after the huff must have known that there was always a possibility that they would revert back to giving the tims that stand? Or is that far too much common sense?
Sorry, but that is not true.

I've been a BF ST holder since 2005 and those that bought into OF games were moved into the BF/GF corner for those games. I've not missed a home OF in nearly 20 years. The lad stood next to me hasn't for 23 years.

There's a lad in front of me (BF5) has three seats and his two youngsters are there every other Saturday, I doubt he'll find it easy to get his kids in for the OF now. His wee lad is as keen as they come as well.

... and just in case I haven't mentioned it before, fcuk the 'tims'. Wouldn't give them the steam off my sh1te.

Hopefully I'll manage to secure a seat somewhere and see the whole season, rather than some of it.

Last edited:
Agreed, and the email of yesterday might as well have been 'Dear Collateral Damage, we have taken your money for the last X number of years; but other factors have changed our mind so we are taking your seat away again for the two premium situations that you pay for. But don't worry, log on to our site when your renewal comes out and see what you can find'. As above, the main issue here is not the decision, it is how it is being implemented.
[url=https://ibb.co/ysd9qsN][/URL]

Last edited:
The club are denying a generation of youngsters seeing an Old Firm at Ibrox.

That's a whole lot bigger than some of our fans not getting a green seat at tramp towers.

At this point in time you don't know that. You are just speculating.

Until season ticket renewals are sorted out then the club won't know exactly what the situation is. They can't make promises at this point in time.

Maybe the first come first served line was ill advised, but there is enough seats in the stadium to accommodate this.

Fair play to you. Why hasn't this been announced as an option by the club. Why did the announcement need to be made this week. Have a set of balls and tell the scum that it can get announced in the summer after all of this has been thoght through.

Season ticket renewals will be coming shortly so the information would have to be out there.

At this point in time you don't know that. You are just speculating.

Until season ticket renewals are sorted out then the club won't know exactly what the situation is. They can't make promises at this point in time.

Maybe the first come first served line was ill advised, but there is enough seats in the stadium to accommodate this.
I hope you're right but I'm not convinced there'll be anywhere near enough seats available.

How many are moving from the UB section over to CF? How many in BF5/BR5 and BF4/BR4 are going to have to move to accommodate the Dhims? The numbers don’t add up mate. The Club will know that, hence wording of email.

I’m just talking about the 2s and 3s that currently sit together surely it would be best to put them into where the UB go. Surely enough room. The single seat holders can then take a seat anywhere.

Season ticket renewals will be coming shortly so the information would have to be out there.
Agree. However, There's so many unanswered questions that could have gone out at that time to help manage the situation.

You've agreed to move. There's something that could be added to renewals/might make some folk at risk at ease etc.

I hope you're right but I'm not convinced there'll be anywhere near enough seats available.

Simple maths shows that there is enough seats available.

The problem is seats together. Hence my suggestion of a supporters organised ticket swap for parents and kids to stay seated together for the two OF games. Adults greeting about sitting next to their mates can get over it though.

If the club prioritise offsite hospitality and things like that and reduce the number of seats available which means there isn't enough tickets available for those affected that's a different matter of course.

I’m just talking about the 2s and 3s that currently sit together surely it would be best to put them into where the UB go. Surely enough room. The single seat holders can then take a seat anywhere.
I think you may be underestimating the ratio on the 1700 or so (?) that might need to move who will be in family groups/parent/child seats. Purely guesswork on my part though, given its the Family Stand, so I concede I might be wrong. How many moving from the UB area? A couple of hundred?

Back