Affected Supporters

A big difference between moving to accommodate fellow Rangers fans than moving to accommodate thousands of Yahoo's who despise you.

That's the difference.
A bit like people in the expensive seats being moved for UEFA.
The club must come first

Just my tuppence worth but when they had the full Broomloan stand, season Tkt’s were sold with the proviso that they did not include Celtic games but those season Tkt’s still sold out and I don’t remember any arguments. Probably find that will be the case when renewals come out for that stand.
Or am I wrong?????
Not taking sides here one way or another. Just sayin

The thing is anyone who sits in the broomloan surely knows that them getting more tickets would be a possibility as people have always been moved in the past or the of games werent part of the season ticket

If you buy a ST in that section, you must've known this might happen, it was never going to be they allocations forever.

I had a BF ST when it was the old allocation, they should give them 1st dibs on the available tickets but TBH sh*t happens. The away fans deserve a decent allocation for that midden & more often than not, the folk who don't want away fans were the ones who got their jollies doing away games in the past & only do home games nowadays.

i was reading spl looking to bring in a rule for 5% of tickets for away fans. I think thats fair tbh, clubs should be made to accommodate for away fans too imo.

No one should really be that bothered though, most on here claim they would be happy if they never played them again etc, so im sure they would much rather give there ticket away for that game if someone wanted to take it of there hands.

Why catheters quo remain? It’s out ground, we can do as we please. If they want to offer us 3k tickets fine. There’s no dressing this up as anything but a climb down from the board. It’s humiliating and disgusting behaviour.
I’m not sure that’s the case tbh. We can’t do as we like. There need to be a negotiated solution. I wouldn’t have them in either tbh, but not sure the club had much of a choice.

I think this is a massive own goal. Truly shocking the way the board has acted here. Liewell has had their pants down.
I don’t think they really had a choice to be honest.

There’s an SPFL rule plus pressure from Sky made it inevitable it was going to need to change.

What happens when the time arrives for the reciprocal arrangement at Breezeblock Towers?

Will we get the same 5% of stadium capacity that we give them (2500), or will we get shafted again, and only get 2500, when the reciprocal figure is 3000.??

Those who received an email today to say there's a chance we might be locked out of future Old Firms will feel betrayed by the club.

We are just as loyal as any other season ticket holder. We pay our money the same as any other season ticket holder. We get behind the team the same as any other season ticket holder.

But today we have been let down by the board.

Not one Rangers supporter should be locked out of Ibrox to accommodate a tramp but today that's what we've been told.

Id like to think that if one single supporter misses out that the Rangers support as a whole would get behind them and voice their displeasure.

A lot won't show any sympathy as it doesn't affect them but a lot of good Bears have been let down today.
It's a total joke

No mygers for me next season, no point anymore as that was the only game you needed it for

I think you might need to go back to campaign mode.

Cometh the man, cometh the smurf.
they maybe campaigned from a position of strength the last time even though it was easier for the club to do so ( Gerrard coming in and our shambolic appointment in Pedro plus backing his buys in transfer market ) we went from 39,000 Season ticket holders to 45-46,000 in the summer Gerrard came and the money up front had to come from somewhere

You’ve not been “betrayed by the club”

The league has stepped in and told both clubs they must compromise. The club didn’t have an option of refusing
And we should tell they league to go away.

Where is the rule that says this?

It's all been coming since the UB move. Gutless from the club

Oh course they can, precedent was set when they allowed the tramps to literally offer no tickets to us with no repercussions.
That’s not what I meant. If the broadcasters have concerns that the biggest game, which is about the atmosphere, is being diluted then we need to compromise. There were Rangers supporters wanting this too. I take your point about making it up as they go along. That was a disgrace.

Was only a matter of time before this was going to happen. The UB being moved to the Copland was a sure sign something was in the wind.

It is better Rangers reach a compromise then being forced to do it when the authorities create a rule to accommodate away supporters.

I'd also imagine Sky will have had a hand in this as well as the police and it wouldn't surprise me if there was political interference somewhere.

Hopefully the amount of Bears missing out will be minimised through increased capacity plans.

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/I...to these changes, a,views of the Ibrox pitch.

Maybe I’m wrong, but as has been said, 45k season ticket holders, 50k seats.

Everyone in that section should get a new seat no problem. Unless I’m mistaken is the ‘first come first served’ comment not more to do with the actual seat location, ie the better options will go to whoever gets them first.

Not actually about getting a seat, as the numbers suggest all should get one.

Just a suggestion.

Be in no doubt this is a victory for the rattlers and only an insight of things to come.

My Son and 2 Grandsons sit in BR5 so they will be directly affected by this betrayal on the part of Bisgrove and company.

People need to realise the way you feel about the club is not the same as how the club feels about you, you are nothing more than a number, a cash cow that can be easily replaced by someone who will be happy to take your place.

Suck it up and accept it because the club have already proven they don't care about your loyalty or connections to the club, or your seat/season ticket, they will play on it to get your blue pound, but in reality you are just a replaceable seat filler.

Oh and Bisgrove is as weak as piss as a leader of our club

This is the email.

Rangers FC notes the SPFL’s confirmation regarding future Old Firm allocations at both Ibrox and Parkhead.

As the changes will follow the model we use at Ibrox for our UEFA European matches, this will affect some of our supporters in the Broomloan Stand and we regret to inform you that your season ticket seat has been affected by this change.

While this will not affect the two remaining league derbies this season, from next season, both clubs will be required to provide five per-cent of their stadia to the away team for Old Firm games only.

We understand that this change to your seat will be disappointing, but we want to reassure you that creating alternative options has been a priority.

These options are:

Option 1
You can renew your 2024/25 season ticket to exclude home matches against Celtic at a price discounted by £106, and keep your current seat.

You will also receive ticket priority for Celtic tickets on a match by match basis as they come available.

Option 2
You can select a new seat currently available within the stadium that will include home matches against Celtic. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

You do not need to action anything at the moment, but soon the season ticket renewal window for the 2024/25 season will open and you will be asked to choose one of the above options.

People need to realise the way you feel about the club is not the same as how the club feels about you, you are nothing more than a number, a cash cow that can be easily replaced by someone who will be happy to take your place.

Suck it up and accept it because the club have already proven the don't care about your loyalty or connections to the club, or your seat/season ticket, they will play on it to get your blue pound, but in reality you are just a replaceable seat filler.

Oh and Bisgrove is as weak as piss as a leader of our club
£££ was the main reason Robertson didn’t want the change in the first place. But that argument didn’t stand up to scrutiny

Grow up , posted on the other thread. This is a result and keeps them out of the Broomloan.
If this had gone to an independent/ arbitrary decision we could have lost out.
Comparing to Oz is a absolutely crazy
I’m not comparing the actual plans. Merely the person involved in making the decisions.

This is the email.

Rangers FC notes the SPFL’s confirmation regarding future Old Firm allocations at both Ibrox and Parkhead.

As the changes will follow the model we use at Ibrox for our UEFA European matches, this will affect some of our supporters in the Broomloan Stand and we regret to inform you that your season ticket seat has been affected by this change.

While this will not affect the two remaining league derbies this season, from next season, both clubs will be required to provide five per-cent of their stadia to the away team for Old Firm games only.

We understand that this change to your seat will be disappointing, but we want to reassure you that creating alternative options has been a priority.

These options are:

Option 1
You can renew your 2024/25 season ticket to exclude home matches against Celtic at a price discounted by £106, and keep your current seat.

You will also receive ticket priority for Celtic tickets on a match by match basis as they come available.

Option 2
You can select a new seat currently available within the stadium that will include home matches against Celtic. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

You do not need to action anything at the moment, but soon the season ticket renewal window for the 2024/25 season will open and you will be asked to choose one of the above options.
What's also pissing me off more is this 5% nonsense. They're obviously going to get the same number of tickets as we get for the piggery. But our Board are too frightened to tell us the truth.

Moving to another seat for the match is fine, a ST holder not getting a seat is disgraceful and I say that as somebody unaffected by todays news.
That sounds a decent compromise. Those in the affected areas keep their existing seats and are offered other seats for the Old Firm games. Need to hear from the club exactly the numbers affected; but if there are 5k seats at Ibrox not sold to season ticket holders at present, i'd think there are less that 5k affected by the change.

Need it for cup finals
I don't get anywhere near cup finals, and it looks like I'm further away from a season ticket as well

Ultimately, this is going to lose the club money

1) less season tickets (or full price season tickets)
2) less season tickets been generally less people will turn up for other games
3) less mygers

But we'll get a bit of atmosphere from a team who slag us off as a new club, zombies, ran a peodo ring, won't reference the old firm

Big thumbs up.. Aye, ok

It’s a 50k seater stadium with 45k ST holders. There should be enough seats going for everyone affected to get a move.
The problem will be that a lot of people being moved are from the family stand, which will mean trying to locate a minimum of 2 ST holders together, elsewhere in the stadium.

There aren't many areas with 2 seats together to move people to.

Latest posts

Back