Affected Supporters

Those who received an email today to say there's a chance we might be locked out of future Old Firms will feel betrayed by the club.

We are just as loyal as any other season ticket holder. We pay our money the same as any other season ticket holder. We get behind the team the same as any other season ticket holder.

But today we have been let down by the board.

Not one Rangers supporter should be locked out of Ibrox to accommodate a tramp but today that's what we've been told.

Id like to think that if one single supporter misses out that the Rangers support as a whole would get behind them and voice their displeasure.

A lot won't show any sympathy as it doesn't affect them but a lot of good Bears have been let down today.
What about the many years they had the full broomloan ( and at one point west enclosure ) . Do what the rest of us did , buy a season ticket elsewhere in the stadium, . , I waited for years in the nineties and when I got mine I never gave it up .

Be in no doubt this is a victory for the rattlers and only an insight of things to come.

My Son and 2 Grandsons sit in BR5 so they will be directly affected by this betrayal on the part of Bisgrove and company.
It’s not ffs !
What's also pissing me off more is this 5% nonsense. They're obviously going to get the same number of tickets as we get for the piggery. But our Board are too frightened to tell us the truth.
Another post based on ignorance

Me and the wean have had the email for BR4. Used to just get allocated elsewhere for OF’s when you renewed with OF’s included. Don’t have a problem moving permanently but not liking the no guarantee of 2 together and whole fastest finger first pish.
What seat number are you?

Gonna get moved. Let down is exactly what I would say. Didn't hear anything about it until receiving the email. Absolutely unbelievable that we didn't just stick to the regular away corner.

Just disgusted and incredibly disappointed.

What really pisses me off is the wording of the email.

"Rangers FC notes the SPFL’s confirmation regarding future Old Firm allocations at both Ibrox and Parkhead."

Don't take us for fools and act like this was a decision forced upon the club. It's insulting and quite honestly a pathetic attempt to deflect heat.

Those who received an email today to say there's a chance we might be locked out of future Old Firms will feel betrayed by the club.

We are just as loyal as any other season ticket holder. We pay our money the same as any other season ticket holder. We get behind the team the same as any other season ticket holder.

Not one Rangers supporter should be locked out of Ibrox to accommodate a tramp but today that's what we've been told.

Id like to think that if one single supporter misses out that the Rangers support as a whole would get behind them and voice their displeasure.

A lot won't show any sympathy as it doesn't affect them but a lot of good Bears have been let down today.
What about those in Copland front getting moved for the “ singing section “. Great delight was taken in saying “ you don’t own the seat , the seat is the club’s not yours , .
Well it’s the same unfortunately

I feel terrible for those fans who could be locked out. You buy your ticket with certain promises in mind and plan for years ahead in that seat...

i would be gutted if i got told i would miss rangers vs st mirren every season nevermind 2 old firms potentially
I agree in principle but no one has renewed for next season yet.

They have a choice not to

Me and the wean have had the email for BR4. Used to just get allocated elsewhere for OF’s when you renewed with OF’s included. Don’t have a problem moving permanently but not liking the no guarantee of 2 together and whole fastest finger first pish.
I'm the same, 2 kids and I are in BR5 and got the email. We'd be fine with permanent move, or keep existing seats and get tickets elsewhere for OF games. But that whole 'first come first served is an un-funny joke. The club are the ones who know who are affected, how many in their groups and what the move options are overall. They need to be pro-active in finding solutions; not leaving to fastest on the draw (Which won't work anyway as the rush will crash the ticket web site). Sort this out please https://twitter.com/RangersFCSLO

Well said, Sir.

What about those in Copland front getting moved for the “ singing section “. Great delight was taken in saying “ you don’t own the seat , the seat is the club’s not yours , .
Sorry. What? Replacing a bear with a bear is the same as replacing a bear with one of them?

Heard it all now.

Unfortunately, much the same as people rushed to point out for folk being moved from CF for the singing section it’s not your seat, the club can do what they want with it and can change the T&C as they choose. And they have.

This is the email.

Rangers FC notes the SPFL’s confirmation regarding future Old Firm allocations at both Ibrox and Parkhead.

As the changes will follow the model we use at Ibrox for our UEFA European matches, this will affect some of our supporters in the Broomloan Stand and we regret to inform you that your season ticket seat has been affected by this change.

While this will not affect the two remaining league derbies this season, from next season, both clubs will be required to provide five per-cent of their stadia to the away team for Old Firm games only.

We understand that this change to your seat will be disappointing, but we want to reassure you that creating alternative options has been a priority.

These options are:

Option 1
You can renew your 2024/25 season ticket to exclude home matches against Celtic at a price discounted by £106, and keep your current seat.

You will also receive ticket priority for Celtic tickets on a match by match basis as they come available.

Option 2
You can select a new seat currently available within the stadium that will include home matches against Celtic. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

You do not need to action anything at the moment, but soon the season ticket renewal window for the 2024/25 season will open and you will be asked to choose one of the above options.
This is going to be one hell of a shitshow this summer. There is seat transfers to done,the Bears in the Copland who don't take up the Cantelever seats need to be relocated,and now Bears in the Broomloan are needing relocation.Not to mention those that are waiting on an offer of a ST.

I had great sympathy for them as well but every supporter was guaranteed a new seat.

We aren't.

This is going to be one hell of a shitshow this summer. There is seat transfers to done,the Bears in the Copland who don't take up the Cantelever seats need to be relocated,and now Bears in the Broomloan are needing relocation.Not to mention those that are waiting on an offer of a ST.
Agreed, but avoidable if our beefed up fan liason team get involved? The club are the ones who are best placed to sort it out.

I had great sympathy for them as well but every supporter was guaranteed a new seat.

We aren't.
Am taking up the offer of the new Cantelever seat but am gutted for every Bear who is not going to be guaranteed a seat.It's wrong and pathetic.

That's going to get longer and longer. ST availability will reduce through this.

Reactions: VGM
I can’t help but feel shafted by the club to an extent.

It’s a tough choice to make - keep your seat and take a chance on getting individual tickets for the games - or accept a seat move and potentially end up with a crap seat.

What about the many years they had the full broomloan ( and at one point west enclosure ) . Do what the rest of us did , buy a season ticket elsewhere in the stadium, . , I waited for years in the nineties and when I got mine I never gave it up .
Easier said than done these days. Getting two, or three, seats together elsewhere in the stadium is nigh on impossible. As many who've been on the Waiting List forever can testify. Those impacted are in the Family Stand remember. Many will be a Parent and child/children needing two, or even three, seats together elsewhere. That's before we get to any potential increase in costs related to moving.

I’m one of the affected supporters in BF4 but I don’t feel let down in all honesty. These games need away fans.

I’ll take a seat move.
But what if your not fast enough on the first come first served basis as stated in the communication- will you still buy your season ticket excluding Celtic games

They aren't facing the possibility of being locked out for 2 games a season. Instead they were told that the club would support them in moving to a seat that aligns with their matchday experience.

Both sets of our own fans being treated totally different.

This, in spades. I said that when the same happened to others they’d not be so blasé with it

Just wait until the sheep and Hearts want the same increased 5% ticket allocation deal at Ibrox
With us receiving the same 5% ticket allocation at pittodrie and Tynecastle which would be a reduction in real terms

The 5% away ticket precedent has been set and could be challenged by other clubs considering it is endorsed by a SPFL led agreement ( SPFL rules state up to 5% must be made available on agreement if no agreement the SPFL will intervene)

Last edited:

You aren’t being locked out just moved.

A wee bit dramatic is this not?

I’m one of the affected supporters in BF4 but I don’t feel let down in all honesty. These games need away fans.

I’ll take a seat move.
No they don’t, there’s few if any away fans in La Liga and there’s no big outcry about it. Season ticket holders losing out here is absolutely sickening but numbnuts KNOW better!

Just my tuppence worth but when they had the full Broomloan stand, season Tkt’s were sold with the proviso that they did not include Celtic games but those season Tkt’s still sold out and I don’t remember any arguments. Probably find that will be the case when renewals come out for that stand.
Or am I wrong?????
Not taking sides here one way or another. Just sayin
Remember the statement Rangers made saying they were looking after their own fans by providing more season tickets only to shit on those fans to reacommodate Celtic fans.

If you ignore the fact many of our own wanted European allocations.

Perhaps if the club surveyed all ST holders initially rather than make a decision based on a survey online that anyone could fill in, we wouldn’t be where we are now
exactly ..... it was all or nothing then at least this while not perfect for all gives something to everyone

Sad to say the selfish are already celebrating that they might get to give money to the scum.

Personally, I’d offer Parkhead tickets first to those displaced or locked out by this.
It was only a matter of time before some form of agreement was in place for away fans for the fixture ongoing.
Totally agree that anyone missing out deserves the first refusal on tickets for the game at their place.

I think those blaming the current board should probably be looking more at the ones who made the short-sighted decision to cut the allocation and sell STs to Bears who were never going to be allowed to keep them long term.

This was inevitable, the league don't want their only selling point played down.

I wouldn't have any of those animals at Ibrox but that's never gonna work.

Surely the new mezzanine level at Broomloan means at the very least folk will be able to get a different seat but still attend the games against them

Just wait until the sheep and Hearts want the same increased 5% ticket allocation deal at Ibrox
With us receiving the same 5% ticket allocation at pittodrie and Tynecastle which would be a reduction in real terms

The 5% away ticket precedent has been set and could be challenged by other clubs considering it is endorsed by a SPFL led agreement ( SPFL rules state up to 5% must be made available on agreement if no agreement the SPFL will intervene)
it says in the statement 5% is only for the Old firm game ...... why do fans ignore what has actually been stated

One other thing no one has mentioned is the cost implications for those that accept option 2. Season 25/26 could see a huge rise in the cost of the new seat they move into depending on availability of seat transfers. This could price families right out of watching the team.

I think those blaming the current board should probably be looking more at the ones who made the short-sighted decision to cut the allocation and sell STs to Bears who were never going to be allowed to keep them long term.
Will this lead to Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts also requesting a 5% allocation, what is so different about Celtic ?

Once again we have backed down and been played like a fiddle.

Edit - Apparently derby games have different rulings.

Last edited:
Back