After today’s performance I think Goldson has been proved correct

Yes, but he still shouldn't announced it having decided not to bother his arse, along with many others, to turn up to a cup game and bother. The hunger was gone but the vice captain shouldn't be announcing it on TV.

I have no doubt our turn around in form is due to the new management structure. Not because of anything Goldson has done. Even if he was right.

He just needs to keep performing and remaining professional until he gets his very much wanted move.

Good that we now have a manager who isnt hoofing it up the fucking M6 on match day trying to make it in time for kick off.

Said at the time, so long as we managed to get the replacement right then not many of us will miss the previous management team. Seems that the professionalism had absolutely disintegrated after 55.

Not anymore - a few small tweaks and we are playing to our potential. It absolutely must continue.

Yes, but he still shouldn't announced it having decided not to bother his arse, along with many others, to turn up to a cup game and bother. The hunger was gone but the vice captain shouldn't be announcing it on TV.

I have no doubt our turn around in form is due to the new management structure. Not because of anything Goldson has done. Even if he was right.

He just needs to keep performing and remaining professional until he gets his very much wanted move.
I think he aimed the comment at his team mates not himself.

I think he aimed the comment at his team mates not himself.
I know that, however he was in no position to make that comment - he had chucked well before most of the others had. He just needs to knuckle down and get on with it until he leaves.

The issue with that post match interview was that Goldson felt it was necessary to actually say such a thing to a national broadcast. There was no need for that from one of our supposed dressing room leaders.

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see a severe lack of desire and determination from our players especially the first half at Hampden. He wasn't exactly telling lies he just had a total brain fart to say it in front of a camara. No doubt one of the first things Gio delt with when he started. That nonsense won't be happening again under him.

The issue with that post match interview was that Goldson felt it was necessary to actually say such a thing to a national broadcast. There was no need for that from one of our supposed dressing room leaders.

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see a severe lack of desire and determination from our players especially the first half at Hampden. He wasn't exactly telling lies he just had a total brain fart to say it in front of a camara. No doubt one of the first things Gio delt with when he started. That nonsense won't be happening again under him.
Not sure what he said this time but Goldson's just a normal guy like you and I. Fair enough if your a player you should have more wits about you but at the end of the day he's not a perfect speaker and in many cases will be put on the spot for an answer. No matter what I don't think Goldson has ever just kicked the bucket and gave up, that's one thing you can say for him. He has at least IMO always tried his hardest, sometimes that's simply not good enough for us, but I don't think anyone can ever say he's went out and downed tools. Even with the months running down on his contract he'll at least give it all he can.

Saying that, the impression I get is this was more of a jab at Gerrard than the players tbh

However he was still daft to say the game was over at 3-1 last time :p

Gerrard was going through the motions at the end up couldn’t get away quick enough. A lot of the players picked up what was going on and it showed on the park
I am starting to feel that way myself. Some have said it was post Malmö, but I even felt like he didn't really push the team positively then or beforehand. It's a shame that he didn't leave in the summer if he was feeling that way, however, GVB is the future, and better.

Seriously? That's a big statement, what makes you think that? Because, to be honest, you've got me wondering now.
The players haven’t changed but there’s been a massive upsurge in setup and performances recently.

Only one significant change has happened.

The previous manager left (at the first time of asking by all accounts). The stories I’ve seen about him being down in Merseyside more and more often I think leads me to think that he was the one who’d lost the hunger

Po
It’s now becoming obvious something wasn’t right between Gerrard and some of the players this season, no idea what though.

But Gio and his team coming in is quickly getting us back playing like champions again.

Huge game at Tynecastle next week right enough.
Possibly some of the players whom he had sold the Ibrox dream to, being disappointed, and feeling double crossed, that the man who sold them the dream was jumping ship at the first opportunity, and maybe pondering whether they should do the same?

The players haven’t changed but there’s been a massive upsurge in setup and performances recently.

Only one significant change has happened.

The previous manager left (at the first time of asking by all accounts). The stories I’ve seen about him being down in Merseyside more and more often I think leads me to think that he was the one who’d lost the hunger
It's hard to disagree with you. If Gerrard was constantly wanting away from Glasgow then the players would be impacted by that.

100% Gerrard had lost some focus and it had affected the team.

In three separate games at Ibrox I had said to the guy next to me that something was not right.

Gerrard may have been genuinely giving his best, but players are not stupid and would have known his heart was no longer in the job.

That was the Goldson from last season that played today. Another player getting better every game since Gio came in
Exactly mate I think the players felt let down by Gerrards attitude and they fell into the “
He is never here, looking for another job, canny be arsed” and everything when slowly down hill. I personally believe our season this year started last Thursday against Sparta and gradually after every game we are flourishing. Not great against Hibs but a vital victory. We have stopped losing the first goal. I place our 3 draws and 1 loss at Gerrards door due to his lack of interest after Malmö. I think in May we will say thank god Gerrard left when he did.

I think what today (and since Gio's arrival) proves re Goldson is that the mugs who claim about him never playing again and how he should be sold in January, even if it's for a million simply don't have the first idea what they're talking about when it comes to football.

Jumping in heed first and not looking at the bigger picture.

Goldson under Gio has looked back to last season's best.

Bassey has played well too in that period but I watch Goldson talking him through things in the games and basically being a leader and giving him that little bit of protection because he's raw.

There was a cracking moment in the second half that would be an epic photo. Goldson rising above barging Griffiths and Cummings out the way to head the ball.

Po

Possibly some of the players whom he had sold the Ibrox dream to, being disappointed, and feeling double crossed, that the man who sold them the dream was jumping ship at the first opportunity, and maybe pondering whether they should do the same?
No idea mate, I think it was more than that though as we have been struggling for large parts of the season, winning more often than not, but with a noticeable drop off in performance.

Makes me think the rumours of Gerrard spending more and more time on Merseyside were true.

Even if they weren’t it was something else. Thankfully our board seem to have improved massively regarding managerial appointments!

Po

I feel like players these days are smart enough to know there's almost no loyalty in football any more.

Maybe Gerrard bullshitted them hard and they were dazzled like us but I reckon it's different when it's fans vs someone looking for a job essentially

So I don't think it's that, I think the players just sensed Gerrard wasn't fully in it any more and it had an effect subconsciously on the players

Exactly mate I think the players felt let down by Gerrards attitude and they fell into the “
He is never here, looking for another job, canny be arsed” and everything when slowly down hill. I personally believe our season this year started last Thursday against Sparta and gradually after every game we are flourishing. Not great against Hibs but a vital victory. We have stopped losing the first goal. I place our 3 draws and 1 loss at Gerrards door due to his lack of interest after Malmö. I think in May we will say thank god Gerrard left when he did.

The good thing is Gio hasnt came in to manage a team that is 2/3 in the league and on a bad run. We are champions, first in league, 4 points ahead (now 7!) Yes we werent firing on all cylinders but we werent in need of much to get back to a decent level.

Hate to say this, but I think Goldson is yesterday’s news. He’s made it quite clear he’s for the off. He’s only playing because we don’t have sufficient backup. As far as I’m concerned what he thinks is irrelevant. I just don’t want him poisoning the dressing room.

Didn't ever doubt it was true but he shouldn't have said it straight after a defeat especially when he was awful.

Probably needed said behind closed doors but it's done with now and we are looking to be back at it again.

Big test next weekend. A venue we've struggled at in recent visits. Need to show hunger to win there

Good that we now have a manager who isnt hoofing it up the fucking M6 on match day trying to make it in time for kick off.

Said at the time, so long as we managed to get the replacement right then not many of us will miss the previous management team. Seems that the professionalism had absolutely disintegrated after 55.

Not anymore - a few small tweaks and we are playing to our potential. It absolutely must continue.
Maybe his intention was to give certain players a boot up the arse and by the looks of things it could have worked.

Reactions: Baz
No idea mate, I think it was more than that though as we have been struggling for large parts of the season, winning more often than not, but with a noticeable drop off in performance.

Makes me think the rumours of Gerrard spending more and more time on Merseyside were true.

Even if they weren’t it was something else. Thankfully our board seem to have improved massively regarding managerial appointments!
Yeah, was just a theory…..because I do sometimes wonder how many of our players we would’ve successfully signed if it wasn’t for gerrard

Hate to say this, but I think Goldson is yesterday’s news. He’s made it quite clear he’s for the off. He’s only playing because we don’t have sufficient backup. As far as I’m concerned what he thinks is irrelevant. I just don’t want him poisoning the dressing room.

Goldson is playing because of his performances.

Gerrard was travelling up on match days? Jeez I thought he would have been with the squad the day before at the very least.

Nobody knows what was behind anf why he said what he did. It's all just speculation and gossip to say otherwise.

It's happened,it's over. Unbelievable how so many go on about things in the past that can't be changed.

Like the result against the swedes. If it bothers you that much, go and get yer missus to walk up and down yer back in a pair of high heels.

I'm now convinced prior to SG moving, all was not well in the dressing room. Bassey indicating better more intense training. SG is the one who lost his MOJO and it spilled over to the players. I think his leaving maybe pivotal to success this year

It’s now becoming obvious something wasn’t right between Gerrard and some of the players this season, no idea what though.

But Gio and his team coming in is quickly getting us back playing like champions again.

Aye and defeat in either or both of these games will have the nutters in our supports up in arms.

Not sure how factual it is, but I believe that from being at the training ground constantly, he had become an absentee landlord with him spending more time at home (and possibly in Birmingham as well), if true you can see players might think WTF is going on?

Gerrard was going through the motions at the end up couldn’t get away quick enough. A lot of the players picked up what was going on and it showed on the park
The players did state that Gerrard had "Become more detached" this season.
I took that to mean he wasn't there most of the time.

I had posted in one of the other Goldson threads:

Perhaps Gerrard had told the players that this was his last season. We know nothing leaks from the dressing room.

It would explain the dip in performances (we saw the same when Walter was working his final season), and it would explain why Goldson hadn't signed a new deal - he wasn't going to sign his future for an unknown manager who may or may not like what he brings to the table.

The downside is that it's given time for others to make overtures to his agent, letting him know he can at least double his wage by going down the road.

Question i have been thinking about is, mentally when do you think Gerrard "checked out"? as in being no longer 100% committed to the job in hand?
End of last season being the ultimate high/defeat from Malmo/ as soon as his dullard Villa pal gave him a nod and a wink? no danger did all that mass exit of staff happen in a few days without a mountain of sneaky behind the scenes planning.
Gerrard giving the nod imo got Dean Smith sacked.
One thing is for sure is that this season we have been bang average.

Back