Aguero forced to retire due to heart problems.

better to be safe than sorry

legendary striker in La Liga for Atletico and in the Premier League for Man City :)

Amazing you can play for all those years and suddenly a heart problem at 33. We all know it can happen, just seems wrong.

Pity for him, but on the plus side he was able to have a great career at the top.

Been up and down with injuries in recent years but in his pomp he was unreal.

That’s a real shame, what a footballer he was. Don’t particularly like City but I always enjoyed watching him.

Such a shame. Class act.

Bumped in to him in his younger days when at atletico at Luton Airport got photo with him and a kid asked for an autograph. He shouted a guy over and took a picture out a bag and signed it to the kid

I was impressed by that and never forgot

Whilst I wasn't a city fan he was some player and will be a loss to the game but his health comes first

Terrible news.

A really, really underrated striker, probably because he’s a big family man who kept himself to himself.

Sad way to end his career. Saw him score for City v Ajax in a 2-2 CL game.

Aguero and Messi were supposed to tear up La Liga together.

Then one f,ucked off and now the other has had to retire.

Horrid season for Barcelona.

All the best to Aguero. Hopefully they can keep an eye on his heart complaint and he will go on to have a long and healthy life.

Amazing you can play for all those years and suddenly a heart problem at 33. We all know it can happen, just seems wrong.

Especially with the amount of testing the will get throughout their careers.

Just shows that something like this can just appear

Although a terrible thing I hope this is the case of more advanced screening techniques catching these things before the worst thing happens like Erikksen, or even worse like Phil O’Donnell or Mark Vivien Foe.

Such a shame.

Feel Eriksen should take the same action tbh, heard he's keen to try and keep playing - won't be in Italy though as you're not allowed to compete with an internal defib.

All the best to Aguero.

It sounds ridiculous to call him underrated but at his peak he was truly a great forward right up there with your Sheva's and Lewandowski's. Just lethal in the box.

10615370596_8f18a04e4a_o.gif

outstanding player and what a shame his career has ended this way but health is the most important and i wish him well
who can ever forget the "aguerooooooooooo" moment as he won the league with that last minute goal, best wishes to him

Back