Airport Departures, Queues, Delays - ALL UPDATES HERE

Edinburgh to Billund on Monday night, then onwards to to Malaga Tuesday morning.

Security at Edinburgh has tended to move quite quickly when I’ve been using the airport recently.

Son and pal on flight tomorrow morning at 6.40sh
Got the 6am flight to Amsterdam this morning. Queues to check in hold luggage but security queue was quick. Long passport check queue in Amsterdam. Went to Madrid and got off plane and claimed baggage. No covid checks although had filled out a form pre flight for KLM. In Madrid now.

Edinburgh Airport was bouncing with bears this morning.

I am checked in on the ryanair app, did you upload a pic of your covid vaccine record?
No , I thought that might have been the problem , I have the 3 codes on my iPhone , I don’t know how to upload from the app to the Ryanair page , Any ideas ?

I'm
640 flight Edinburgh Barcelona then Seville Tuesday buzzing already
Are you on the 11:40 Barca to Seville?

Going to be tight as different terminals so need to go out passport control, get to next terminal (bus or taxi 10 mins) then through security.

Edinburgh @1240 tomorrow to Barcelona via cologne. Hopefully there for just after 10 in the morning.

I have it on good authority from somebody who works there that Edinburgh Airport was Hell on Thursday morning and that was prior to any Sevile traffic. I'd imagine it can only get worse when Sevile traffic kicks in for real.
Get there early Bears.
People getting there early is part of the problem.
I’m on the 2pm flight to Brussels on Tuesday. I won’t get to the airport before 12pm.

I take it that it’s best to book fast track security in this situation? For only 6 quid I may as well.
same as us. I know about 25 boys on the flight lol

Used to crack me up when you hadn't booked a seat and at the check -in they would ask : Window or Aisle? I always wanted to say : Or you'll what?

Not strictly relating to Edinburgh airport however I suspect the situation at Glasgow airport will be braided similar to Edinburgh next week.
Confirmation (and at risk of stating the obvious) that Glasgow airport are expecting a massive increase in passengers on Tuesday and Wednesday:

What I did find interesting is that reading down the thread a few posters confirm security last week was a bit of a sh*t show. This was a week when schools were in and there wouldn’t have been any more than normal passenger numbers.

Booked after Red Star Belgrade 2nd leg..............Luton first flight out to Malaga Tuesday 8.40 am, return arrival back in Luton 02.35 Friday am............£38.99 in total.
Oh and then flying from Luton first flight to Glasgow next day Sat morning 08.00 and back last flight Sunday night for the Hearts Cup Final.

Hi all, new member here, I drive the coach that goes from Buchanan bus station to Edinburgh airport.
Best to book online via Megabus (cheapest place you can get tickets) or citylink as you'll be guaranteed a seat on the coach incase it's mobbed.

Coach runs every 30 mins during the day leaving at quarter to and quarter past the hour and at night after 22:15 from Glasgow it's every hour.

Hi all, new member here, I drive the coach that goes from Buchanan bus station to Edinburgh airport.
Best to book online via Megabus (cheapest place you can get tickets) or citylink as you'll be guaranteed a seat on the coach incase it's mobbed.

Coach runs every 30 mins during the day leaving at quarter to and quarter past the hour and at night after 22:15 from Glasgow it's every hour.
5 of us booked on the bus through Tue morning (0615). What's traffic like that time off morning on M8 to airport? Flight at 0900 to Milan.

5 of us booked on the bus through Tue morning (0615). What's traffic like that time off morning on M8 to airport? Flight at 0900 to Milan.
It can be busy mate, bus is due in the airport at 7:12 but it's usually late in because of traffic, usually around 7:25-30 when it gets in, I always so to leave plenty of time with that bloody m8 as you never know what can happen. (Accidents etc)

It can be busy mate, bus is due in the airport at 7:12 but it's usually late in because of traffic, usually around 7:25-30 when it gets in, I always so to leave plenty of time with that bloody m8 as you never know what can happen. (Accidents etc)

Maybe better getting the 0515 then? Would need to find out how to change ticket.

Maybe better getting the 0515 then? Would need to find out how to change ticket.
It should be fine, what you can do is ask the driver to get on the 5:45 bus instead if there is plenty of room then it'll be fine, we let people on with earlier tickets than the coach they're booked on all the time.

Just breezed through in under 5 mins so now 3 hoursto spare until my flight. They were expecting it to be busy from 4pm though.

We fly from Cardiff on Tuesday so checked the departure board and there is only 3 flights after the one that takes off at half one before we take off at half 5. I would very much doubt that we will have a problem at security :))

Back