Ajax lost today

gazperth

See Ajax lost at Alkmaar today i suppose the 2 games a week argument is relevant and teams will slip up but can’t help with the feeling we overly respect our opposition. Ajax are a good side and superior to us but if you sit off the game and play passive & pedestrian and dont as a minimum be difficult to play against then you’re going to lose.

looking back at the filth game and the Ajax game, we just looked like we were sitting waiting in our positions for them to beat us. Hope we learn our lesson with Liverpool to come

We seemed to be overawed by the Ajax game and the Champions League. Once that was done the players seemed to understand that they are there to compete and be aggressive, not just admire the opposition.

Very true.
However, had we approached the Filth and Ajax games with the same commitment we showed for the first hour against Napoli, we would never have shipped eight goals.
I agree, we also started like a train yesterday swiftly derailed after we scored for some strange reason.

Of course they can but someone said 'we can't compete' in one off games.
I know.
I just think it another cheap shot.
Look at it this way.
There are plenty of posters claiming the league is all but over.
The scum simply “blow teams away”.
Then ridicule the likes of myself who remind them that, amongst other examples, it took them to the 84th minute to get ahead of Ross County.
Would they be happy if I reminded them of the nonsense they posted in those threads?

I know.
I just think it another cheap shot.
Look at it this way.
There are plenty of posters claiming the league is all but over.
The scum simply “blow teams away”.
Then ridicule the likes of myself who remind them that, amongst other examples, it took them to the 84th minute to get ahead of Ross County.
Would the be happy if I reminded them of the nonsense they posted in those threads?
Well said, Tazza. Currently, the only reason we aren't equal on points to this resurrected 1970s Brazil is Willie Collum.

We need to improve, that is absolutely clear, but the attitude of despair and weakness on here is puzzling.

Nice little piece about Bassey he speaks highly of Gio helping him with his development.

Thanks for posting. Something about Bassey that just makes me want to read as much as I can about him, even though he’s left.

Bassey looked ropey in his first few outings at centre half. Gio deserves credit for persevering. It was incredible how accomplished he looked in his final few months at the club. He was basically a cheat code. I'm in no doubt he'll win the CL one day. An utterly ridiculous talent. A humble and hard working lad too.

If they put the effort in that is. Our squad need reminded of that.
When i watch Scottish international rugby games i marvel at the 100% effort from every single player who empties the tank and leaves nothing on the pitch, we should be getting the guy who trains that team to pass by and introduce his methods.

Back