Ajax managers comments from last night.

I get more annoyed than anyone during a game but the next day, once the dust has settled a tad, you do start to understand and realise why we are finding it so difficult in these first 3 games back in the UCL.
I think last season's Euro run as special as it was, maybe gave people some false hope. We need the CL money. Unfortunately we will take some shoeings along the way until we've had a run of qualifications and being able to reinvest that money in the team. I doubt that I would allow Ross Wilson to be the man to spend the money. Although I will cut him some slack in that almost our enitre Scouting team left the club this past summer.

I've seen Brugge mentioned as well. They had several seasons of being pumped and they have now bought some good players and are starting to get things right this season. I think I'm right in saying that Ajax's manager was the former Brugge manager too.

This is it.

Nobody is realistically expecting us to challenge for qualification but %^*& sake show something instead of just turning up to take it up the farter.
Yeah, pretty sure Brendan Rodgers encouraged his team to go out and attack in the CL when he was at Celtic… didn’t work out very well.

Back