• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
xAp9qym.png

THIS GAME IS NOT AVAILABLE ON RANGERSTV WORLDWIDE

DISCUSSION OF ILLEGAL STREAMS WILL RESULT IN A BAN

Really excited by this; quite probably the perfect antidote to the defeat at the weekend, in terms of a game to switch our attention to rather soon after.

Last edited:
Would take a draw happily, but I’m prepared for a defeat.

In saying that, we did go to Eindhoven and win with a backs to the wall performance. We could quite easily go there and do the same and we all know how well suited we are to European football. This is a massive test and it’s not even the biggest game we will play this campaign.

Happily take 1-1 or at worst a scoring defeat.

With this team I won't be surprised if we win. By next week we will be 6 points out of 6 in the champions league and probably atleast 6 points behind in the league

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Keep the game alive Gers, a draw would be a great start to our group games, a victory would be even better.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

No better way to get beyond that scudding on Saturday. A big game, with a big result will be what we all need...2-0 Rangers.
Before anyone says, I know about papering over the cracks, so let's just get THIS job done.

Anything other than a defeat will do.
After the last game, we need a good performance from our team.

Weirdly more confident about getting a result in this one than Pittodrie on Sunday

What I think Gio will pick

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Sands
Barasic

Lundstram
Kamara

Wright
Tillman
Kent

Colak

Another 1-0 in the Netherlands. Tillman this time

All the Champions League games are a free hit. Out of pot four we are seeded to be bottom so absolutely no pressure on the players. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get a draw or better.

Was tav playing injured on Saturday? Havnt seen it mentioned. He was miles away from his usual

Well at least the players will have had to move on quickly from Saturday and focus on Wednesday, unlike the majority of supporters who are still trying to comprehend that shit show at weekend. Sneaking a draw will go a long way to putting it to the back of mind.

Would take a draw happily, but I’m prepared for a defeat.

In saying that, we did go to Eindhoven and win with a backs to the wall performance. We could quite easily go there and do the same and we all know how well suited we are to European football. This is a massive test and it’s not even the biggest game we will play this campaign.

Happily take 1-1 or at worst a scoring defeat.
Backs to the wall against PSV they had their moments as did we Paul!

I think we'll be under the cosh but grab a few breakaway goals, 3-2 Rangers.

Kent, Tillman, Tav (pen)

We need to see a bit of passion and courage tomorrow. CL is a step up in quality so it will be tough but we absolutely cannot afford to play like we did on saturday.

I'm still on a low from Saturday, but by the time we kick off tomorrow I'll be up for it.

As for a prediction, the best I can see us getting is a draw to be honest. Gio has some big decisions to make selection wise, but he has get us up a gear at least, we're so slow physically and in thought.

Let's see what his press conference brings.

I live in hope looking for a draw not expecting a lot. If we don't get our act together soon we could be looking at some sad nights.

We had the best moment of course!!

Id love us to go there and give a carbon copy performance and take a 1-0 back home, but it’s Ajax isn’t it? Bloody tough game!
Sure is a tough game Paul but not beyond us far from it! Certainly need to get at em unlike Saturday's game there!

Weirdly more confident about getting a result in this one than Pittodrie on Sunday

What I think Gio will pick

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Sands
Barasic

Lundstram
Kamara

Wright
Tillman
Kent

Colak

Another 1-0 in the Netherlands. Tillman this time

i think he will pick that
i'd maybe give a wildcard place to Matondo instead of Wright

its telling that the lack of current options leaves us with little to change
given Davis played last 2 90 mins - looking at Borna and Colak as the only outfielders with possible changes and those 2 arguably the least deserving of being dropped

Team really need to turn up tomorrow. The lack of drive, concentration and grit on Saturday was genuinely concerning. I'd be happy with a point then in to Dolly at the weekend

Offer me and maybe a fair few of us a draw and we'd bite yer hand off especially after Saturday's debacle. But ever the optimist I'm going a narrow win. 2-1 the Sons of William. C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feels like wheels off time really this time.

Would love to see us get a result but everything on and off field is all adding up now to something has to give territory.

The manager should make a number of changes, don’t think he’s strong enough a personality to do what is needed sadly.

Home side by at least 3 goals

I wouldn't say we were backs to the wall. Defensive obviously at times but at no point did I think we are getting a battering here.
I was replying to Paul's comment GF lol imo evenly matched we deserved to get there in the end and did so with no need to have backs to the wall!

Also think fans need to get real and realise how big a step up this campaign is.
Definitely. I'm very excited for this campaign, but going in with realistic expectations - we'll be doing very well to be playing any sort of football after Christmas.

It's a shame because the pressure should be off and fans and players alike should be in a position to just strap in and enjoy the ride, but given our current situation that's not the case.

Back