Akinfenwa claims racism by being called a Water Buffalo

Topps

As per title he claims someone in fleetwood called him a fat water buffalo and he is claiming racism. I think its clear the comment is in relation to his build but of course in todays world the racism card is pulled out.
I just thought the story quite interesting considering a lot of us and Morelos himself refer to him as el buffalo.

393e171a-6ef4-49c6-8d82-ea687c75d41c_text.gif

As per title he claims someone in fleetwood called him a fat water buffalo and he is claiming racism. I think its clear the comment is in relation to his build but of course in todays world the racism card is pulled out.
I just thought the story quite interesting considering a lot of us and Morelos himself refer to him as el buffalo.

His claim would have more merit, it he hadn't posted a picture of himself as a water buffalo on Twitter a few weeks ago.

Tyler referred to a white Arsenal player as being 'ratty' gets in about players. Are rats white? Is this racist
We can all appreciate the racist undertones with primate comparisons but a water buffalo is a bit of a reach?
Strong as an ox can no longer be used, because of unconscious racism that means Sky have shat the bed.

As a tall man I have often been referred to as a lanky streak of piss.... can I now claim racism?

I'm tall and fat, I get called a big fat cu nt, I don't care , I am too wrapped up in white male privilidge to feel the pain .

Andy Goram- The flying pig.

Lafferty- Ulster Gazelle.

Franny Jeffers- Fox in the box.

Davie dodds - Elephant man.

It was never an issue until now, I can't think why!

Are water buffalo not grey? It’s about as racist as being called an elephant.

Morelos has been called El Bufalo since he was a teenager in Colombia.

He is named after another older player. He was called it by one of his coaches as his playing style was similar to the older player.

Should have just called him a fat cnut.
Would have still been racist. The boy Loftus Cheek from Chelsea was crying 'borderline racism' earlier this week when he was made to take down decking that had been erected without planning permission.

Throughout this period, there has been more division created than harmony.

The whole thing is back-firing and it is easy to see why when this kind of thing gets coverage and faux cards are played.

If certain groups genuinely want progress then there has to be a far more pragmatic and mature approach. The current way is a shambles and actually quite embarrassing. It will solve nothing. The wider population are put off by this nonsense.

He’s a fućking bore.

I hope they keep this shíte going for as long as possible though, it won’t end weII for them.

Up until 6 weeks ago race relations in The UK; from a minority standpoint, had probabIy never been better, then a career criminal was murdered by a piece of shít psychopath who had no business being in law enforcement.

Last edited:
After seeing the OP content I was about to type that he needs to get a grip.
Scrolling down I saw the pictures and remembered who he was.
If the big man calls it racism, thats fine by me, racism it is.
(let the record show that I dont want the big fella coming after me)

Fed up with this polished up victim nonsense.
Mainstream media to blame.
It's sickening to watch a country cowtow to this shit. When the forces of law and order get on their knee to placate one smallish section of the community the games a bogey.

He’s at it. His nickname is beast ffs. Another name for a nonce basically. Trying to get relevant again big man?

I'm tall and fat, I get called a big fat cu nt, I don't care , I am too wrapped up in white male privilidge to feel the pain .

Ah,but all the examples you gave are white and therefore cannot be racist. Racism applies to non white, non male, non homo, non trans, non lgbqtrsvp etc.

Moving at a snails pace, quick as a whippet, fox in the box, hung like a horse, strong as an ox. Would everyone please stop dehumanizing people.

How many black players were playing yesterday? How many were called buffalo? It's a metaphor/comparison based on his stocky build and size, nothing else.

Fat is the only thing derogatory there, but it's an incredible PR op for a jobbing league 1 player who has had a bigger career in football media than on the pitch so why not?

So if I meet a fat bird in town who happens to insult me, I can't call her a fat cow? I mean, cows come in all shapes, colours and sizes.

It's still not an issue..... but if they were Black ? well that's a whole different deck to choose from. :oops:

Back