Alan Muir - Ryan Jack/Alan Power incident

dt17

The Jay Cartwright of FF
Make of this what you will but I was talking to someone earlier who sits at Ibrox with someone who works with Alan Muir in the prison service. They had asked him why he never sent Alan Power off for his challenge on Ryan Jack. He said he genuinely never got a good look at it.

He told the SFA this and that since seeing the replays he would've given a red card. The SFA (and/or compliance officer) responded to him that it had been dealt with.

People might dismiss it as a lot of made of shite but the person I was speaking to said the colleague showed her the emails between herself and Muir. Would've put them on social media but would likely lead back to them and they could lose their job.

Just passing on what I was told.

Seems rather strange as the excuse used for the Hibs player to be cited was that although he was booked for the tackle on Isaguerre was that it was more serious than the ref saw at the time. So if Muir says that once he saw the replay he would have given a red why has this been ignored by the compliance officer or whoever decides these things. Yet again it would appear we have a different set of rules applied.

Seems rather strange as the excuse used for the Hibs player to be cited was that although he was booked for the tackle on Isaguerre was that it was more serious than the ref saw at the time. So if Muir says that once he saw the replay he would have given a red why has this been ignored by the compliance officer or whoever decides these things. Yet again it would appear we have a different set of rules applied.

Do you not understand the meaning of the word "placements".

They have the whole Scottish Football set up stitched up in their favour.

Unfortunately most of the Premier League clubs are scared to stand up to them.

Makes no sense after what happened with the hibs player, he had to get a ban. Power's assault was far worse than the one Mckenna did.

I couldn’t give a reeking shite about the ref’s altered opinions.
It wouldn’t affect us anyway.
A case of “shut the stable door after the horse had bolted.”

Do your fucking job correctly in the first place.

Fair enough, only saying what I was told. It was effectively emails between two work colleagues.

I’m just of the opinion, albeit we’re an amateur set up, that with the likes of Dallas etc having mentored these guys, they’ll be a bit more savvy with comms.

Wouldn't surprise me.

But my question is how does it hinder us by him not being given a retrospective red card?

Funnily enough, I was also talking to someone who I know works with him on Saturday morning, and he has supposedly said to them that after seeing at it on TV, he should have went with a red.

Begs the question on what was said to the CO when asked about the incident though if the referee is supposed to be consulted.

Make of this what you will but I was talking to someone earlier who sits at Ibrox with someone who works with Alan Muir in the prison service. They had asked him why he never sent Alan Power off for his challenge on Ryan Jack. He said he genuinely never got a good look at it.

He told the SFA this and that since seeing the replays he would've given a red card. The SFA (and/or compliance officer) responded to him that it had been dealt with.

People might dismiss it as a lot of made of shite but the person I was speaking to said the colleague showed her the emails between herself and Muir. Would've put them on social media but would likely lead back to them and they could lose their job.

Give the emails to Rangers. Redact the email address.

How does that work then he’s booked the player and gave free kick but afterwards is saying he didn’t see how bad it was, I know if the ref doesn’t see anything doesn’t book the player or award a free kick the compliance officer can look at it , so if the ref says I saw a high foot but didn’t see how bad it was it should have been a red surly they up it to a red! But that obviously didn’t happen so someone’s telling lies.
This not enough evidence rubbish it was caught on tv numerous angles or does it only count if it’s shown by bbc

Seems like the SFA/compliance officer making things up again, as they did with Collum at St Mirren.
Or just totally ignoring their employees to suit their own agenda, then hiding behind the fact that no ones allowed to speak in public.

They had asked him why he never sent Alan Power off for his challenge on Ryan Jack. He said he genuinely never got a good look at it.

Forward to 2:10 on the clip below. He is in a perfect position to get a look at it, blows immediately, gives the foul and is straight out with the yellow card.

Killie player high foot challenge on Rangers player, no red card. Killie player high foot challenge on Celtic player, red card.
I know what you're saying mate, but one was quite a high challenge, the other nearly took Jack's eye out and the nose off his face

Was told this myself v St Johnston

In the absence of anything concrete I'm putting this one down to BS I'm afraid. We're three or four people removed from Muir in this story.

In the current environment a referee would have to be fucking insane to commit any comments like that in a manner that could be emailed around and directly attributed to him.

Haven’t saw Alan in a few years but unless he has recently changed job Alan isn’t a prison officer.

I don't think he is an officer but definitely works for the prison service.

I was speaking to him on Sunday but he wouldn't be drawn on it, possibly due to there being other people around.

The fact that power put an opponent in danger of serious injury justifies a red card.It's in the rules,but as we know rules are different when we are concerned.fact.

He didn’t see how bad it was, but deemed it bad enough for a yellow card?

Strange one this but apparently the same thing happened with the Hibs player who tackled Izzaguire. Ref seen the foul but didn't realise the severity of it at the time, hence the CO taking another look. Yet more incosistencies when it comes to that mob.

Not buying it. He didn't get a good look at it but gave a free kick and booked the player? If this conversation did take place then he's trying to make an excuse for being a shit referee.

Back