Alan Rough Celtic should go for Butland if he is available

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneasydaz

OKAY, brace yourselves for this one...

Celtic need a goalkeeper to replace Joe Hart for next season. Jack Butland might be leaving Rangers in the summer. It makes perfect sense, right?

Well, of course not, but one former Hoops goalkeeper things his old club should be asking the question.

It's expected there will be further interest from the Premier League in Butland, who is on the outside looking in when it comes to the England squad.

If he misses out on Gareth Southgate's 26-man final list for the Euros, Butland might view the fact he's playing in the Scottish Premiership as something holding him back.

While a move to Celtic wouldn't change that, he would (if they win the league tonight) be competing in the Champions League.

Gers manager Philippe Clement has said he doesn't want to let Butland go at ANY price when the summer transfer window opens.

So one would imagine the fee the Ibrox side's arch rivals would have to pay would perhaps contain a bit of added interest, to say the least.

The 31-year-old has a contract with the Light Blues that runs until 2027 and he has been one of the best players in the Premiership this season, and is a shoe-in for Rangers' player of the year honours.

The last player to move directly from one side of the Glasgow divide to the other was Scott Duncan, who made two loan appearances for Celtic in 1918 as a wartime guest player while still signed with Rangers.

The last man to directly transfer outright from one club to the other was Alex Bennett way back in 1908 for a fee of £50 (equivalent to around £5,000 today).

In more modern times, Alfie Conn, Mo Johnston and Kenny Miller have played for both clubs but didn't move straight form one to the other, the same being the case for Steven Pressley and Mark Brown.

But ex-Scotland, Partick Thistle and Hibs goalie Alan Rough, who also had one season with Celtic, was adamant on PLZ Soccer's The Football Show that his former club should be keeping tabs on Butland's situation: "I know this might be a wee bit controversial...

"But if Celtic were starting to build (for life after Joe Hart), I'd get Jack Butland, if he's available

Show host Peter Martin asked for clarification, saying: "You'd ask Celtic to go and try to sign Jack Butland?"

Rough doubled down, insisting he was being deadly serious: "Yeah, if it was on. If they had an idea of it happening, that he was going to leave Rangers.

"I would think that would be a good start."

Celtic need a goalkeeper to replace Joe Hart for next season. Jack Butland might be leaving Rangers in the summer. It makes perfect sense, right?

Well, of course not, but one former Hoops goalkeeper things his old club should be asking the question.

It's expected there will be further interest from the Premier League in Butland, who is on the outside looking in when it comes to the England squad.

If he misses out on Gareth Southgate's 26-man final list for the Euros, Butland might view the fact he's playing in the Scottish Premiership as something holding him back.

While a move to Celtic wouldn't change that, he would (if they win the league tonight) be competing in the Champions League.

Gers manager Philippe Clement has said he doesn't want to let Butland go at ANY price when the summer transfer window opens.

So one would imagine the fee the Ibrox side's arch rivals would have to pay would perhaps contain a bit of added interest, to say the least.

The 31-year-old has a contract with the Light Blues that runs until 2027 and he has been one of the best players in the Premiership this season, and is a shoe-in for Rangers' player of the year honours.

The last player to move directly from one side of the Glasgow divide to the other was Scott Duncan, who made two loan appearances for Celtic in 1918 as a wartime guest player while still signed with Rangers.

The last man to directly transfer outright from one club to the other was Alex Bennett way back in 1908 for a fee of £50 (equivalent to around £5,000 today).

In more modern times, Alfie Conn, Mo Johnston and Kenny Miller have played for both clubs but didn't move straight form one to the other, the same being the case for Steven Pressley and Mark Brown.

But ex-Scotland, Partick Thistle and Hibs goalie Alan Rough, who also had one season with Celtic, was adamant on PLZ Soccer's The Football Show that his former club should be keeping tabs on Butland's situation: "I know this might be a wee bit controversial...

"But if Celtic were starting to build (for life after Joe Hart), I'd get Jack Butland, if he's available

Show host Peter Martin asked for clarification, saying: "You'd ask Celtic to go and try to sign Jack Butland?"

Rough doubled down, insisting he was being deadly serious: "Yeah, if it was on. If they had an idea of it happening, that he was going to leave Rangers.

Yeh charge them 500m quid and its a done deal

Sounds like a plan. We can use the money to sign Mbappe and pay his wages because that's how much they'll need to hand over to get him.

Rough was always as thick as mince.
Looks like thats not changed in his twilight.
Feckin walloper.

Butland is far too fucking beautiful to pull on the rhag and play for a bunch of inbred mutant immigrant terrorist sympathisers.

You know the old, tired “shite on the door h@ndles” advice extremely overused on FF?

Well it genuinely happened to Mr Rough’s Newton Mearns abode. ;)

Edit. Happy to see that that particular saying has received the admin treatment.:))

Having had the displeasure of meeting him I concur the guy is of limited intelligence , being polite here

"Look at me, look at me" said the fat 19th Century Terrorist tramp.

Always knew he was a wrong un since the time he bumped my Uncle for his taxi fare years ago when he played for Thistle.

Nobody has any interest in me anymore so I’ll make a stupid statement. Please look at me

This shows how much the Mo Johnston transfer really killed them. As much as they have dominated Scottish football recently, they still need to prove something to themselves.

This is all about trying to show how “powerful” they are. Ie “we are so much better your players would jump at the chance of playing for us”

'competing' in the Champions league.

Jesus wept

In 2008, at the EL final in Manchester - he was staying in the same hotel as my Dad & I.

Going up in the elevator the fucking clown didn't even know which floor he was to get off at

Likely, he's even worse now.
Bellend.

It's obviously not only strikers, centre halves and boxers who suffer from brain damage.
Apparently, you can add goalkeepers to that sad list.

years of being on the sauce has turned that c***s last brain cells to mush

walloper of a man not to be listened to

He’s a fat mess looking for clicks and reactions like this.

It’s astounding TalkSPORT pay this alcoholic large sums of money to do what he does so badly.

A would like to think at any price Rangers would still not sell to they terriost loving nonce bastards but then again who knows bisgrove did try to get a friendly played against them in australia

Knew big smoothie in the old days from Lincoln flats, always was a bit of a thicko,

£1B and he's all their's, £50m a season for 20 seasons. £50m add on each season they stay in the Premier League for those 20 seasons. European add on, £50m each season they qualify for any European competition for those 20 seasons. They are so cash rich, surely they can afford that.
The above is as realistic as Rough's suggestion, he must be on drugs or downed 15 bottles of vodka before coming up with that.

Butland is clearly a proper man with morals. He wouldn’t go near that cesspit of filth and depravity. Also the scums CL income will be going towards a hefty payout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back