Alex McLeish & Scotland

AlohaBear

The amount of grief big Eck is getting over being the new boss is an absolute disgrace. The vast majority of the abuse seems to be from the confused mutant supporters from across the city. 99.9% who go nowhere near Hampden to watch Scotland. Even ex Hibs player Tam McManus has commented about the obsessed Celtic fans.

I appreciate plenty of board posters can't stand Scotland nowadays, but some still follow the national team.

At what point did everything change regards the national team? I remember as a kid in the 80s and seemed no real issue, but started to see the anti Rangers stuff surfacing mid 90s.

I have to say - if Alex McLeish is the answer to the Scotland managerial position then it shows the lack of talent out there. Hardly an inspirational appointment. It's a poor situation all round.

It will be the same old same old for Scotland.

I went to the woeld cup in Italy in '90 and my last Scotland game was at Ibrox in 1992. Have had no real interest in them since.

I have to say - if Alex McLeish is the answer to the Scotland managerial position then it shows the lack of talent out there. Hardly an inspirational appointment. It's a poor situation all round.

It will be the same old same old for Scotland.
I must admit I thought it wasn't great football wise (better than Gary Caldwell option though). The amount of EBT pish and cheating crap is the issue though.

Big eck looks a shadow of himself and I wish him all the best with his health but I can't bring myself to support Scotland anymore. The booing of our players simply because they play for rangers is unforgivable and I can't associate with Scotland fans ever again. I honestly hope they never reach another world Cup or euros.

Was expected the minute they suffered a defeat. Can’t recall Strachan getting slaughtered left right and centre after constant failure

In reality Pep or Jose couldn’t get that Scotland team performing well they’re horrendous

I must admit I thought it wasn't great football wise (better than Gary Caldwell option though). The amount of EBT pish and cheating crap is the issue though.
Obviously I don't side with the mutants and all the anti-Rangers stuff that comes from a large section of the TA but I have to agree that McLeish is a terrible appointment. But there is a sheer lack of managerial Scottish talent, hence McLeish getting the job. It is what it is, I suppose.

Big eck looks a shadow of himself and I wish him all the best with his health but I can't bring myself to support Scotland anymore. The booing of our players simply because they play for rangers is unforgivable and I can't associate with Scotland fans ever again. I honestly hope they never reach another world Cup or euros.
Sums up my feelings.

Keevins on Clyde there, ripping into McLeish. Ffs, he has only one game under his belt. “We will have the return of the celtic players tomorrow night. And they have a winning mentality” he spouted. Hugh, they haven’t had a winning mentality at international level for decades ya dafty.
Or European.
Same with that Pratt, Crocker on Friday when the two of "them" came on as sub.... Ce**t*c to the rescue... or words to that effect.

Keevins on Clyde there, ripping into McLeish. Ffs, he has only one game under his belt. “We will have the return of the celtic players tomorrow night. And they have a winning mentality” he spouted. Hugh, they haven’t had a winning mentality at international level for decades ya dafty.
Just caught a bit of it but he did seem a bit vitriolic about McLeish.
Bang out of order!

There's a lot of attention-seeking pish in the media and on social media.

Obviously Eck has only had one friendly match at the moment and any reasonable person will give him a chance.

As for the EBT stuff he might be getting a bill to pay about now, plus he's far from the only person to have been involved in a tax-cutting scheme.

He didnt help himself with the team he picked, most of the better players where on the bench.

I think it’s refreshing to see a manager try out some untested younger players
Rather than stick with failure.
I personally don’t pay much attention to Scotland but had a look at the team and have to say it was the freshest looking team in years. I think Scotland need to take a step back, like Spain & Germany did to an extent and use a campaign to build a youngish team and if they do well on that campaigo, great, but build to the next tournament with a team who know each other inside out & are a cohesive unit.

Just another example of the game here hating itself to death, just wait until we have a few Rangers players starting. If results don’t go Scotland’s way or one of our players makes a mistake they will be hounded and blamed.

Last edited:

What's wrong with Big Eck?

I’m of the view we as Rangers fans should be solidly behind our national team. When we don’t it makes life easier for the tims to isolate and undermine us. We are Scotland’s most successful and they are screwball Irish immigrants. They are Irish and we are Scottish.

The over reaction to the international equivalent of a pre season friendly on Friday night has been embarrassing. McLeish has 3 more friendlies before nations league and euro’s qualifying starts, I couldn’t care less if we lost all those friendlies and made a major tournament. The more Rangers players in the Scotland squad the better it is for us and the national team.

I’m of the view we as Rangers fans should be solidly behind our national team. When we don’t it makes life easier for the tims to isolate and undermine us. We are Scotland’s most successful and they are screwball Irish immigrants. They are Irish and we are Scottish.

The over reaction to the international equivalent of a pre season friendly on Friday night has been embarrassing. McLeish has 3 more friendlies before nations league and euro’s qualifying starts, I couldn’t care less if we lost all those friendlies and made a major tournament. The more Rangers players in the Scotland squad the better it is for us and the national team.

Not for me.

The amount of grief big Eck is getting over being the new boss is an absolute disgrace. The vast majority of the abuse seems to be from the confused mutant supporters from across the city. 99.9% who go nowhere near Hampden to watch Scotland. Even ex Hibs player Tam McManus has commented about the obsessed Celtic fans.

I appreciate plenty of board posters can't stand Scotland nowadays, but some still follow the national team.

At what point did everything change regards the national team? I remember as a kid in the 80s and seemed no real issue, but started to see the anti Rangers stuff surfacing mid 90s.
Im rangers and follow scotland I dont give a shite about all the imbecile boo boys. If thats there attitude they can just stay at home. Ladies front bottoms.

Not for me.

Nor me. Have no feelings for the National side any more and no desire to see them do well. I simply won’t stand shoulder to shoulder with the mutants and act like we are part of a support together. Fck them. Scottish football hates us. I simply can’t bring myself to want the National team to succeed. Not even gutted about it, just couldn’t give a fck.

We all know Keevins and co are bitter bigot bastards.

Did he mention anytjing about the timmy assistants?

I wouldn't watch Scotland if they were playing out my back garden

Really don’t know about his health being in question but I agree 100% with the rest of your post.

Maybe this is the real reason McInnes bottled it. His chances of a Scottish job after Rangers would be nonexistent. The media and the mentally challengeds would make sure of it

Nothing is wrong with him, a few people months ago said he looked ill now lots of people keep sating it, its pathetic.

Someone who knows his family confirmed on here he is fine.

I thought as much, it was absolutely ridiculous how many morons kept saying he looked gaunt and his health wasn't the best.

Not one person had any knowledge on him.

It was a friendly. He tried some new players (5 new caps).
He was supposed to play the same old mentally challenged suspects, you know the winning mentality that loses in "International fixtures" scores like 7-0 and 7-1.
As I've already pointed out. Horrible bigoted bastards.

Tims have never and still dont actively support Scotland for the most part, so fcuk them and their opinions

Sacking Strachan and replacing him with big red sums the SFA up. An absolute shambles. A completely pointless move. Always think that if you change a manager it’s because you need a fresh and new approach. I’ll always respect the big man for his work with us but he doesn’t bring anything new to the table. His backroom staff also causes great concern. I’m not fussed about who they support or worked for, more about their ability. Again, that’s in question.

Keevins is always robust in his critisism of the national team. Obviously we want to win every game but it was only a friendly with a freshened team.

Not been interested in Scotland games since probably the late 80s/early 90s but I got freebies for Hampden on Friday night and my daughter wanted to go to the game so went along.

Absolutely turgid. Everything about the experience was poor. The standard of football was awful, the view was diabolical, the comp tickets were in the sellick end, the queue to get in was shocking. The wee yin and I left at 65 minutes or so. The cheer that the two tim players (McGregor and the other big midfielder who's name escapes me) got when they came on was very telling.

Another thing that struck me was how antiquated the style of football was. Long diagonals to the wings, hoofed into the box for an attempt at a header, rinse and repeat. Big Eck is well and truly up against it if he thinks that is going to be effective in this day and age.

First Scotland game in 20 odd years and I doubt I'll see another one. It was full of tadgers.

Costa Rica are a better team than Scotland. There's always some delusion about where our standing in international football is. We've not been in a tournament for two decades. Costa Rica were in the QFs of the last World Cup.

McLeish is forced into experimenting with and integrating new players as Strachan just constantly gave opportunities to the same players who failed time and time again. Biggest mistake McLeish has made is including and making a perrenial failure like Mulgrew captain of the team.

17/10 Hungary tomorrow night might be worth a nibble.

As for the big man.

He's an easy target for the mentally challenged puppets of the Scottish press.

Phuck them.

I thought as much, it was absolutely ridiculous how many morons kept saying he looked gaunt and his health wasn't the best.

Not one person had any knowledge on him.
It does my head in, one person says it then everyone jumps on the bandwagon, yea he is older now and might not be as clear when talking but that could be caused by a number of things, wish people would shutup about it.

When the SFA was supposed to expect WS to be manager, a tartan army tosser was seen on TV, to say he could not support smith and definitely not McLiesh as the Scotland manager. You reap want you sow, you bigots.

Back