Alex Rae - what is he bringing ?

Ball71

Looking at yesterday where our midfield were non existent I was wondering is Alex Rae bringing anything to the table. You never hear him speak, just nods when Phil is talking to him. Alex might have been a limited player but he knew how to put the boot in and mixed it with anyone yet our team don’t seem to do either. Does anyone know what he does as I don’t see him doing much on match days. To be fair to Alex, I don’t see anyone else from the back room team doing that much either.

deep-sigh-malik-wright.gif

Rae is not the kind of guy people imagine he is.

People think they are getting this guy who knows what it is all about and will drive the message through to the players in no uncertain terms etc. Rae is not that guy unfortunately.

I see you have entered stage 3 of shit result grief. Throw shit at the wall randomly. I'm in stage 5 miserable acceptance that our spine isn't good enough. Though I was calling Broxi and Roxi a pair of useless cunts at about 10pm last night during my own stage 3.

I’m still at stage 2, denial. Telling myself it’s just a game of football it’s not worth getting worked up over. Looking forward to some serious shit throwing when I hit stage 3

I do like Colin Stewart, but it does do my nut in when he's the one talking to the subs before they go on. Like what pearls of wisdom is the goalie coach giving them at that stage.
He's probably got information from the manager to pass on to the subbies while the manager is occupied on the task at hand.

I see you have entered stage 3 of shit result grief. Throw shit at the wall randomly. I'm in stage 5 miserable acceptance that our spine isn't good enough. Though I was calling Broxi and Roxi a pair of useless cunts at about 10pm last night during my own stage 3.
Probably is stage three. Hopefully get to five as quick as you did.

Heard this with Andy Watson, Gary McAllister etc.
I assume the manager knows what his assistant's role is

Looking at yesterday where our midfield were non existent I was wondering is Alex Rae bringing anything to the table. You never hear him speak, just nods when Phil is talking to him. Alex might have been a limited player but he knew how to put the boot in and mixed it with anyone yet our team don’t seem to do either. Does anyone know what he does as I don’t see him doing much on match days. To be fair to Alex, I don’t see anyone else from the back room team doing that much either.
These threads always pop when things are going wrong…

What’s Alex Rae doing
What is Bisgrove doing
What is the groundsman doing

The reality is that Clement knows what he is doing and must be quite happy with it. Rae will also live and die, like Clement by results.

I guess he’s doing his job

Every time we have a bad run, this question always gets asked if the assistant at the time.
What does any assistant in football bring to the table ?

Imagine we started a thread praising Alex Rae when we won a trophy and overturned the points deficit? :))

Folk would have been like, chase yourself, this is all on the gaffer.

Point still stands :p

The crux of this squad have had two managers sacked and now we’re having a pop at a back room coach?

Some folk are absolutely wild

Back