Rangers History Alex Willoughby

My da was born in 36. his childhood idol was Willie Thornton. (see the Rangers/Sgt Pepper cover)

He still rates him the best Rangers centre he ever saw He loved Sammy Cox. ; 'The marvel fae Darvel'. In saying that, he loved them all.
Loved seeing the 50s 60s players like Thornton Caldow round Ibrox on match days getting the odd handshake, even now its great seeing wee Bud, Willie H and Doddie.

Scott Symon’s handling of Forrest the Willoughby was absolutely criminal. He also sold Wee Davie Wilson when he was only 28 iirc
Not playing Alex in the ECWC in 67 cost us dearly
Still sickens me to this day

I certainly believe he should have stood up to Lawrence but a different era I suppose and we all have degrees in hindsight.

I think Davie Wilson's days were numbered once Willie Johnston appeared on the scene. Could we haved moved wee bud to inside left and kept Davie Wilson on the wing? I'm not so sure.

It's all ifs and buts I suppose.

Once again, a wonderful read.

And one of Baxter's pallbeaers, too.
Craig Watson as well, who though diagnosed as suffering from a brain tumour earlier that year, postponed undergoing surgery to enable him to act as a pall bearer at the funeral in April of Jim Baxter, his former Ibrox team-mate and close friend.
Sadly, Watson passed away later that year, aged just 59 Years Old.
Less than 3 years later, Willoughby passed away, at 59 years old!

Back