Alfie a potential doubt for tonight

Got to think long term. Don't want to risk Morelos in a game we should be able to win without him.

If there's any doubt have him on the bench

We should be able to win tonight without Alfie. However it would be a big loss as it would be important game time for Saturday against the Sheep!

Typical bad luck. Although we should easily be seeing off Ross County at Ibrox without Alfie. If any doubts, keep him and make sure he’s fit for Saturday.

No sense in rushing him back, keep him simmering for Saturday we SHOULD have enough for tonight.

We need to change it up though and I'd hope Arfield comes in to offer Defoe close support. Might be a game for trying something different as I dont think any of us could handle another St Mirren scenario. That was brutal although I expect Ross County to park only 1 and not 2 buses. We should have more space.

It's all fair and well saying we should still beat Ross County but the harsh reality is, we've been shite without the missing players. Especially Morelos

Morelos won't miss tonight's game. He's the most robust football player I've seen.

If we can't beat the likes of Ross County without Tav, Jack and Morelos then we don't deserve to win the league regardless.
I'd agree with this, you cannot however deny the fact they are probably 3 of our best 4 or 5 outfield players. Losing that changes a team dynamic considerably.
We have to hope the team steps up tonight unlike Sunday.

Some posters just can’t wait to have a go!

Makes you wonder.

Footballers are allowed to get injured you know? Sure it’s never great to have your best players out and timing isn’t great but the posts on here really are something to behold.

Suck it up lads and get behind the team.

I'd agree with this, you cannot however deny the fact they are probably 3 of our best 4 or 5 outfield players. Losing that changes a team dynamic considerably.
We have to hope the team steps up tonight unlike Sunday.

100% and against the likes of Celtic or Aberdeen it'd be a huge concern.

But surely no matter which 11 we pick tonight they should still be better than Ross County?

Needs to play on Saturday against Aberdeen. Think we could cope without him tonight if its a risk.

Like buses, all our injuries coming along at once.

Get set for another St Mirren style grind if Alfie is missing,

Bit of a weird post no? Don’t remember us posting a squad update from the manager on the day of a game before although I could be wrong. Just seems a bit odd.

No issue playing Defoe tonight, as we should have the lions share of possession and the ball should mainly be in and around the Ross County box which suits Defoe.

Games like Sunday past where we looked to counter attack don't suit him, as he no longer has the pace to run in behind.

Back