Alfredo Morelos. Not Himself?

55 and counting

Is he carrying a knock Really thought he didn't look 100% on Sunday. Same last night thought he looked a wee bit off it. Truth be told his overall game in Rotterdam wasn't what it has been 2 cracking goals apart.Seems to be having issues with his wrist don't know if that's making him tentative to play his normal game which a big part is taking and giving lots of bumps. Or is he carrying a knock?

Reactions: dmg
Is he carrying a knock Really thought he didn't look 100% on Sunday. Same last night thought he looked a wee bit off it. Truth be told his overall game in Rotterdam wasn't what it has been 2 cracking goals apart.Seems to be having issues with his wrist don't know if that's making him tentative to play his normal game which a big part is taking and giving lots of bumps. Or is he carrying a knock?

I would agree. The last couple of games he hasn’t been playing as well as he had.

He was playing at an extraordinary level though.

No offence op but this habit people have of trying to read too much into simple situations is really getting old. He had a poor game, he's been on fire all season and had one poor game. It happens, he's only human. Just like the rest of the squad.
I thought he didn't look himself in the game before when he scored and we won 5-0.So I'm not thinking that after a poor result.

Can he not have an off night like the rest of the team?

Why must there be a reason or a justification?
2 games he's not looked 100% right to me as if he's carrying a knock.Way he was running v Hearts I thought he was struggling a wee bit and last night I thought same.I don't know why that's a bonkers thing to think.I'm not blaming him for the result or saying he was completely crap.Just he doesn't look a 100% and hasn't the last few games.

I commented on a thread last night that he quite often looks off it, even during his greatest performances for us. He has a bizarre habit of gifting the ball to the opposition with a slack pass, although there was a competition in our team for that last night. He's also still rash in front of goal sometimes, which is amazing considering his goal-scoring record.

He's still very raw as a player and is constantly improving.

The great moments just never arrived for him last night.

No worries for Sunday. Even if he's not at his absolute best, he'll give defenders a torrid time.

I think he'd possibly just reigned it in a bit since he's been sent off a few times against them and Beaton still gets abuse for not sending him off last December

Morelos has been excellent, but I must admit there's been a couple of moments in the last few games where I've thought this myself.

Not that he was playing badly, just that he didn't seem quite as sharp as usual.

He has a wrist injury it would appear, judging by the bandage thing he’s had on it for the last couple of games. Went down holding his wrist against Hearts with nobody near him.

He’s probably conscious of it and avoiding falling on it. Is that having a huge impact on his game? I think probably not. Any impact will be slight. He did alright against Hearts and was just one of a dozen or so who performed miserably last night.

Morelos has been excellent, but I must admit there's been a couple of moments in the last few games where I've thought this myself.

Not that he was playing badly, but he didn't seem quite as sharp or energetic as usual.
Apparently that's bonkers for having that thought.
I thought it against Hearts that he wasn't moving like he usually does and he looked the same to me last night.Especially the through ball that he failed to control in the 1st half .Nothing to do with the fact he didn't control it I thought he wasn't running freely.

Can he not have an off night like the rest of the team?

Why must there be a reason or a justification?
It's not quite up there, but along similar lines as "Big ecks not a well man" when in fact he's just getting a bit older and more doddery with it (again not a pop op but that's what it reminds me of). My old dears like this, the simplest most innocent thing has to have an earth shattering explanation rather than the mundane truth.

He's up there playing himself .creating for himself.He was keeping 2 sometimes 3 defenders busy.Where was Kent,Arfield Aribo Ojo ? when you play a loan striker Others need to get close and make use of the spaces created when he is marked closely by the opponents central defenders.We are over reliant on Morelos doing everything himself

Morelos was due an off night. The performances and goal record of the first part of the season were never going to be sustained consistently all season long. Like any other player he will have good spells punctuated by quieter games/periods.

The sheep dragged him down last night. Constant niggley fouls etc on him. After the half chance he had of bursting through and had a bad touch he seemed to go off it. Hopefully back to his best on Sunday.

He wasnt sharp at all last night. He had a couple of chances to get in on goal and he couldn't control the ball. He is usually able to run by defenders as well, didnt manage it at all last night.

The thought of carrying an injury did cross my mind.

International break has definitely had an impact on his overall performance. It’s the least of our worries though. Give him the clear chances and he will score.

I asked the same question in the Feyenoord game, obviously before he scored. He didn't look as mobile or getting stuck in as he usually does, but he improved and scored twice so I'm putting it down to fatigue. International travelling maybe causing a bit of issue.

Only thing I'll say about last night is that I think Morelos gets too caught up in the occasion against Aberdeen at times.

Instead of playing his own game he tries to play against their defenders and be overly physical etc. He'd rather win a shoulder tackle against McKenna than take the ball in and play it.

I asked the same question in the Feyenoord game, obviously before he scored. He didn't look as mobile or getting stuck in as he usually does, but he improved and scored twice so I'm putting it down to fatigue. International travelling maybe causing a bit of issue.

Also the fact that they're a very decent side and we weren't playing at our best at all.

God give us strength he doesn’t score in one game and the drama queens are on it. Right enough it will be down to that wee wrist bandage you couldn’t make it up.

Back