Alfredo Morelos

Has Alfredo Morelos played his last game for Rangers?

• Yes

Votes: 572 73.8%
  • No

Votes: 203 26.2%

• Total voters
Except that's not what happened. We hadn't agreed the deal with St. Gallon fully before the last league game and he requested to be left out to protect himself
Literally not the same thing.

he scored a hat trick in the last league game did he not?

Did we not agree a deal with Cedric Itten last week and let him stay until their final game of the season?
Considering itten didn't play the last game as he requested to be left out incase he got injured no we didn't have a fee agreed before their last game

Totally note the same thing. Clubs taking a chance on a player they can sign for free is totally different to paying 20 million and letting him play

I think letting a footballer play football is less irresponsible than you think. Buying clubs would be more annoyed if you cotton wooled them and ban them from training for a period of time encouraging them to get on the doughnuts.
And its not just bosmans. Many big signings are agreed before the transfer window opens. We ourselves signed Itten 10 days before he arrived to let him finish the Swiss league.

That was the Second last league game. He requested to sit out the last game in the hope the clubs could agree a fee which we did. St. Gallon allowed him to do so

okay, that wasn’t my understanding of it, Wilson Or Gerrard had said a deal was agreed with a caveat that if he got injured the deal was off.

His heart isn't in it. It's best for all that he moves on. The treatment he received from the mhedia should never be forgotten, you have to commend him for lasting this long.

I'll be honest - hopefully he has.

We need to draw a line under this as soon as possible and he needs to move on.

Best for all parties that this is concluded at earliest opportunity.
I agree , it's already beginning to turn sour.

It needs to be done sooner rather than later.

I would imagine there will be a strong will on both sides to now get the deal done, Morelos playing poorly does not do anyone any good.

He needs taken out of the team regardless, his performance levels are unacceptable and we now have other options

okay, that wasn’t my understanding of it, Wilson Or Gerrard had said a deal was agreed with a caveat that if he got injured the deal was off.
Perhaps the deal was agreed just before the last league game and then they allowed him to sit it out. I honestly hope we have got some kind of deal in principle for alfie done because it's as clear as day that he's not giving us 100% physically or mentally. He's no use to us playing that way anyway so best all round if we can move him on for upwards of 15 mil with a decent sell on

I’ve been an Alfie fan but now he’s just pissing me off. I can live with a period of shyte form but I need to see him at least put in a shift. We are paying his wage (and a good one at that) so he owes it to us to make an effort.

Last night he just wandered around the pitch and only got involved if the ball happened to get into his vicinity. Last year he would have chased them down and made a real pest of himself.

I’m pretty sure his departure is imminent but in any case he doesn’t deserve to start on Sunday and I’ll be disappointed if Gerrard picks him. I wouldn’t even have him on the bench.

I wish him all the best for the future but at the moment he just disappoints.

I hope so.

I don't mean that in a bad way, genuinely wish him only the best when he goes. But its time and best for all concerned.

Gutted for him that he never got any trophies or even just a goal against Celtic just to get that off his back.

But plenty of big goals and at times carried a team through games.

The time is right to part ways imo.

Not sure if it will be his last game but it will certainly be his last transfer window as a rangers player.

Loved the wee man at his best, supported him at his worst, loathed him at his stupidest but time to say goodbye Alfredo, doing yourself or the club no good with the lack of interest attitude, go now.
Watching him last night put me in mind of the attitude of Negri, in like a hurricane out like a a whisp of wind, once switched off both hard to get started, very sad.

It’s time.

One goal since December. The goal being the third or fourth in a cup tie already won.

Let’s hope this deals agreed, if we get anything like the £18m seemingly being reported then we’ve done outstanding business

He wants away and his performances recently have showed that. Sooner the better now as his value will be coming down

I agree , it's already beginning to turn sour.

It needs to be done sooner rather than later.
Last thing we need is a difficult ending to this.

We all want it to be concluded amicably and to set the player on his way for a new chapter in his life for him and his family.

Get this done as soon as is possible. Dragging on does no-one any good.

Love the wee man, but last night was a player going through the motions. I really feel it is now time and best for all parties he goes and he should not start at the weekend if he is still here.

I think so, providing at least one of our other strikers is good to go for Sunday, he will be away.

I think its best all round if he has,his heart isnt in it and hasnt really been since the game against that mhob at new year.cash in for the proper amount and move on

Does the French transfer window not open until August the 15th.. they might just be waiting to formalise everything from that point.

Can't see the manager playing him ahead of the new signings. i guess he will go formally when the window opens but i imagine his boxes are all packed

Very sad to see things turn out the way they have, mind you he has been vilified by the media at every turn. He must be benched Sunday, I think stevie will but who knows. And let’s face it if no concrete bids, he could be benched for a wee spell. So comon Alfie, knuckle down and get interested and start banging in the goals again.

He’s been fantastic signing for us but I think it’s time he moved on. He’s not really kicked a ball since he caught someone messing with his car. I think that would mess with anyone’s head, especially now he has the wee one.

If we can get good money for him and use it to improve the team, it’s a no brainier.

Given the lack of physicality and petulance from him last night it looks like he’s all but gone. Played like a man just getting through the 90mins

Feel we've moved on with the 2 signings earlier this week. Time to cash in, whether we get 15m or nearer 20m, it's a great piece of business.

Very sad to see things turn out the way they have, mind you he has been vilified by the media at every turn. He must be benched Sunday, I think stevie will but who knows. And let’s face it if no concrete bids, he could be benched for a wee spell. So comon Alfie, knuckle down and get interested and start banging in the goals again.

Keep seeing this "vilified by the media" as if it's some sort of explanation for weaknesses like a poor disciplinary record, being overweight, going through long spells of poor form. He speaks minimal English at best and will be totally oblivious to what the media say, its not like he's sobbing into his cornflakes every morning when he opens up the record to say what nasty Keith Jackson has been saying about him.

His form has done himself and the club no favours whatsoever. His value must be dropping by the minute when he’s on the pitch. If the club is as good as their word and don’t sell him for less than their valuation then we might be stuck with a shadow of the player who looked unplayable for the first half of last season. Is there a possibility of him staying and fading into the background behind the new boys? That’s a possibility. If Lille or anyone else is offering up a couple of million less than the asking price then now might be the time to cash in the chips before it gets worse.

Surely if Morelos was the best Rangers centre forward of the past twenty years because of his performances last season he's still that player after one competitive European game this season, or is it just a case that fans continue to put too importance on recent performances and reach ridiculous conclusions from not a lot of data?

His lack of effort and conditioning is a disgrace and doesn't deserve the shirt at the moment. I hope amy of our leaders in the dressing room are calling him out for it.

I love Morelos as much as anybody and was absolute gutted when the Lille news first came out but I think its time for him to go. He's not trying a leg and it shows. It will only affect us negatively the longer it goes on.

Agreed. As much as I love Alfie, he has been very inconsistent for the last 9 months. I get that a poor kid from South America finds his head being turned by all the interest and don't really blame him, especially with a world pandemic affecting his ability to meet up with loved ones. BUT, we need a committed, consistent strike force and that has been missing for too long. Time to move on.

Sorry but people defending alfie need to take a step back and look at his performances since the cup final.

He has been very poor to say the least, including preseason he has scored 2 goals in 18 games and both were against Hamilton.

I love alfredo so this isnt just criticising him because I dont like him, I really do.

When he plays and doesnt perform he doesnt look like scoring and most of the time neither do we as a team because he is so pivotal in the way we play. I'd try get into his head if I was the gaffer. If you dont play well then you dont play anymore and if you dont play you wont get a move so get your head straight and smash in a few goals and when an acceptable bid comes in you can go with our best wishes.

Back