All you need to know about Scottish football in one video clip.

That dirty bastard landed as hard as he could on the players knee. You can see a mile away its not the way a player lands after jumping. Straight red every day of the week. Can't have Phantom of the opera, out for next weekend though. If you do that to someone outside a pub, and land anywhere from the waist up, you could potentially be looking at life sentence. Not even joking, imagine stamping on someone's heart, could cause a cardiac arrest easily. Hope Naismisth takes them to task for this. Funny how this is the first I've heard of it. If that's a Rangers player, it's in every newspaper today. Prick

Was this commented on by Naismith, or any Jambos in the press (Euan Cameron?) or their forums?

@JamboReid1874 - Any chat?

Without showing the aftermath and how long the player stayed down, I can't tell whether it was a stamp (contact) or a player reacting to a foot brushing or just missing his face after he's just been fouled to try to ensure he gets at least a free kick from it.

Don’t forget it’s Sneaky Rat Walsh on VAR, so no way he’s going to risk any kind of review when there’s the possibility of the Celtic Captain missing the next match.

Was this commented on by Naismith, or any Jambos in the press (Euan Cameron?) or their forums?

@JamboReid1874 - Any chat?

Without showing the aftermath and how long the player stayed down, I can't tell whether it was a stamp (contact) or a player reacting to a foot brushing or just missing his face after he's just been fouled to try to ensure he gets at least a free kick from it.
Nothing has been made of it mate. For whatever reason. He makes a deliberate motion back and downwards for me, so if that is spotted it’s a potential red.

However, they were getting most decisions on Saturday and it didn’t help that we were defensively all over the place from the start.

As much as I want to be raging about this, and it is a foul for the trip, I don't think he actually lands on him. Slowing it right down it looks like the foot lands on the grass and he pushes off from it straight away, and the Hearts player is holding his head as if he's taken a knock on the head as McGregor leaps over him. If he got stamped on like is being suggested, he'd surely be grabbing his calf/shin?

Saying that maybe he does afterwards, I've not seen the full thing. Just very wary about going all out about this sort of thing then you see the full video and close up and it ends up not a stamp, so I'll await a better quality video of it.
If he made contact the way it initially looks the Hearts boy would be in hospital. The fact that he isn't suggests that there wasn't any contact. Whether he meant to do it or not is a different question but that video is inconclusive tbh.

I wouldn't say it was a red but it's a definite yellow. Both the ref and linesman looking at it and it's play on.

I was going to say that's unbelievable, but as we all know, when it's the filth that's par for the course.

It's up to oppoing managers to highlight these incidents and decisions.
Specsavers all round

Nothing has been made of it mate. For whatever reason. He makes a deliberate motion back and downwards for me, so if that is spotted it’s a potential red.

However, they were getting most decisions on Saturday and it didn’t help that we were defensively all over the place from the start.
Cheers. Agreed that it doesn't matter whether he injured your player - was he reckless and did he put the player in danger? Answer would seem to be "yes". A clear and obvious error by the referee in missing it? Yes. VAR should have called the ref to the screen to at least have a second look.

Cheers. Agreed that it doesn't matter whether he injured your player - was he reckless and did he put the player in danger? Answer would seem to be "yes". A clear and obvious error by the referee in missing it? Yes. VAR should have called the ref to the screen to at least have a second look.
Absolutely mate.

The problem is also when you ask yourself ‘if that is an opposition player doing that to a Celtic player, is VAR going to intervene?’, the answer being most likely yes, tells you a lot about how we are seeing games being officiated. It would also undoubtedly change the way the game plays out, if not the result, especially being so early on. I could see a Hearts/Kilmarnock/Motherwell/ - insert your team here - player being sent off in that situation.

Whether that’s paranoia or not, I’m unsure.

He could easily have side stepped the player on the ground - absolutely no need to leap over him at all, so it looks deliberate to me.
It’s a red any day of the week for me. If any Hearts player did similar I’d have no complaints about a red other than towards my own player for being such a prick.

It’s a red any day of the week for me. If any Hearts player did similar I’d have no complaints about a red other than towards my own player for being such a prick.

You don't have to be a great ally of ours, but at least you can see what's happening in this country.

The main and most important thing is, if that was one of ours or one of yours, that player is on a certain yellow no question. There's no debate.

Then you look at the ratio of fouls to bookings. That mob get away with just about twice the amount of fouls as any other team. The game is rigged up here in their favour beyond belief.

Not that you can give me the answer but I'd love to know how fans of other clubs don't see or comment on what is unfolding in front of our very eyes?

Now with this fouls to bookings ratio, you even get Rangers fans on here saying; 'Ah but you don't know what kind of foul it is and the severity of it'?

Well, the clip on this thread from your game on Saturday shows, they literally, in a footballing sense are allowed to get away with murder.

I wouldn't say it was a red but it's a definite yellow. Both the ref and linesman looking at it and it's play on.

I was going to say that's unbelievable, but as we all know, when it's the filth that's par for the course.

It's up to oppoing managers to highlight these incidents and decisions.
It's a red mate not a yellow. When he jumped he exerted as much force as possible driving into the leg on the way down. Players use ladders, practice fast feet and have good coordination. He knows where his feet are going. What he did was wholly intentional, off the ball and endangering the player. Ten men all game might have made a difference as well. Disgrace that the ref, assistant and VAR missed it. There's no excuse now that it's been highlighted though. It might be their old stokes type challenge tactic in the first five minutes that they think that they can get away with cropping up again.

You don't have to be a great ally of ours, but at least you can see what's happening in this country.

The main and most important thing is, if that was one of ours or one of yours, that player is on a certain yellow no question. There's no debate.

Then you look at the ratio of fouls to bookings. That mob get away with just about twice the amount of fouls as any other team. The game is rigged up here in their favour beyond belief.

Not that you can give me the answer but I'd love to know how fans of other clubs don't see or comment on what is unfolding in front of our very eyes?

Now with this fouls to bookings ratio, you even get Rangers fans on here saying; 'Ah but you don't know what kind of foul it is and the severity of it'?

Well, the clip on this thread from your game on Saturday shows, they literally, in a footballing sense are allowed to get away with murder.
I think you’re being a bit lenient with a yellow mate but it’s one that should be ‘to be looked at’ without any doubt.

Regarding the fouls/cards stat, we had 7 fouls on Saturday and received 2 yellow cards.

Celtic? 13 fouls. 0 cards.

Against St Mirren? 7 fouls for Celtic. 0 cards. Saints had 12 and 2 cards.

Livi - 8 fouls, 0 cards. Livi were 7, 1 card.

St Johnstone - 6 fouls, 0 cards. Saints had 13, 3 cards.

Against Livi again (SC) - 12 fouls, 0 cards. Livi? 11 fouls. FIVE cards.

I could go on, but really don’t see the point.

It's a red mate not a yellow. When he jumped he exerted as much force as possible driving into the leg on the way down. Players use ladders, practice fast feet and have good coordination. He knows where his feet are going. What he did was wholly intentional, off the ball and endangering the player. Ten men all game might have made a difference as well. Disgrace that the ref, assistant and VAR missed it. There's no excuse now that it's been highlighted though. It might be their old stokes type challenge tactic in the first five minutes that they think that they can get away with cropping up again.

I'll need to look at it again. I was focussed more on the actual foul, I didn't pay as much attention to the jump over and landing.

I'll take a wild guess and say there's not been any mention of it in the rags.

That is an atrocious "tackle".
Its astonishing how that lot get away with EVERYTHING.
I can just imagine the furore if that was Cantwell that done that.
Guy would be sine died.

I think you’re being a bit lenient with a yellow mate but it’s one that should be ‘to be looked at’ without any doubt.

Regarding the fouls/cards stat, we had 7 fouls on Saturday and received 2 yellow cards.

I've just watched it again. I don't know how I missed that first time round. Truly unbelievable.

What you also need to take into account is the filth supporting press here in the west, will suppress this incident. If that's a Rangers player in the lead up to an important OF game, that's splashed all over the back pages for the next few days.

Well, at least you know beyond all doubt what's going on.

But I'll say again, it's up to managers of other clubs to highlight whats going on at their own club's expense. But that probably doesn't stack up because our own manager doesn't say anything either.

I'll need to look at it again. I was focussed more on the actual foul, I didn't pay as much attention to the jump over and landing.

I'll take a wild guess and say there's not been any mention of it in the rags.

Just watched it again and as I said to jambo, I can't believe I missed that, this morning.

Scottish football and officialdom is corrupt beyond belief.

Shocker of a 'challenge' but no real surprises that it's been swept under the carpet by their media lapdogs. If that was a Rangers player there would be a Panorama special on at 8.30pm tonight. I wasn't even aware of this until it was posted on here ffs. As for the officials who were looking right at it and did nothing? What can you say without copping a holiday?

Thanks for posting the stats Jambo. In 5 games they've conceded 46 fouls and received 0 cards but have been on the receiving end of 50 fouls with the opposition receiving 13 cards. You wouldn't see these stats in any other league I'd wager.

Just watched it again and as I said to jambo, I can't believe I missed that, this morning.

Scottish football and officialdom is corrupt beyond belief.
It does show that incidents can be easily missed at the time. There's no excuse now that it's been highlighted for it not to be followed up. He'll play next week against us, hopefully justice is served and he's rank and scores two own goals and costs them the league before injuring himself and getting carried off.

Shocker of a 'challenge' but no real surprises that it's been swept under the carpet by their media lapdogs. If that was a Rangers player there would be a Panorama special on at 8.30pm tonight. I wasn't even aware of this until it was posted on here ffs. As for the officials who were looking right at it and did nothing? What can you say without copping a holiday?

Yet we have that c--t Leckie today, whose article is all about the red card for the poor Killie player, who was actually sent off according to the rules of the game.

It does show that incidents can be easily missed at the time. There's no excuse now that it's been highlighted for it not to be followed up. He'll play next week against us, hopefully justice is served and he's rank and scores two own goals and costs them the league before injuring himself and getting carried off.

Well, that's Liz Hurley knocked off the top spot in this week's fantasy list. :cool:

It’s also worth noting that since we beat them at Tynecastle on 3rd March, they have had ZERO cards in total from the next 3 games, as pressure was put on by the scum and their media puppets over their red card in that game.

The next game (3-3 OF game) they received 4 cards and yet again started the Brother Beaton patter in the media.

Guess what? 4 games since, 1 card. From 39 fouls.

Thanks for posting the stats Jambo. In 5 games they've conceded 46 fouls and received 0 cards but have been on the receiving end of 50 fouls with the opposition receiving 13 cards. You wouldn't see these stats in any other league I'd wager.
To be fair Billy, I was cherry picking games when I pulled those stats together. My latest post is a bit more accurate from 3rd March until now.

Still damning reading.

Apparently in the opening minute. The clip comes from a poster who no longer posts his cracking video clips on here anymore. Some will know to whom I refer. As for me, I don't watch Filth matches, apart from their European games, which I do so only for the laughs.
Where has he gone? His stuff was top notch.

Aye but some on here will still argue we need to look at each foul before coming to this conclusion. Amazing that Celtic are the only club who have mastered this art of the non bookable foul.

This is the sort of thing that will happen on Saturday. We have to be as equally robust. It’s an old adage but this game of all games we need the battle fever on.

Funny enough the Celtic fans were raging with the ref as he let one or two Hearts players away with possible yellow cards when the game was over 2nd half.

I dont mention it to defend the officials but cos it annoys when me when our fans suggest we are the same as that lot with our moaning about refs. A straight red early on could change the whole game and if one of ours does it next week we wont need VAR to get involved it will an instant red like the last visit.

I watch Celtic games all the time this sort of stuff happens quite often. The other side of it is every team they play is worried about tv replays and strict refereeing so they have to be very careful with tackles and challenges. You can very quickly pick up soft yellows as all their star players are well protected and even a strong fair challenge can be a card.

As much as I want to be raging about this, and it is a foul for the trip, I don't think he actually lands on him. Slowing it right down it looks like the foot lands on the grass and he pushes off from it straight away, and the Hearts player is holding his head as if he's taken a knock on the head as McGregor leaps over him. If he got stamped on like is being suggested, he'd surely be grabbing his calf/shin?

Saying that maybe he does afterwards, I've not seen the full thing. Just very wary about going all out about this sort of thing then you see the full video and close up and it ends up not a stamp, so I'll await a better quality video of it.
It's a clear stamp mate. He brings his left foot down on to his legs. It's not a natural movement, his foot has landed behind him.

Imagine the media frenzy to have our player banned for similar?
That’s a huge issue and something the club should be mentioning.

Remember the number of replays before Roofe faced retrospective punishent for an accidental stamp?

What McGregor did was deliberate and the media have swept it under the carpet.

Last edited:
That’s a huge issue and something the club should be mentioning.

Remember the number of replays before Roofe faced retrospective punishent for an accidental star?

What McGregor did was deliberate and the media have swept it under the carpet.
Sutton, Hartson and Michael Stewart would have tweeted out the clip to get the ball rolling. The BBC would then run with it and the rest would fall into line. Before you know it, the SFA announce they are looking into it.

Absolutely mate.

The problem is also when you ask yourself ‘if that is an opposition player doing that to a Celtic player, is VAR going to intervene?’, the answer being most likely yes, tells you a lot about how we are seeing games being officiated. It would also undoubtedly change the way the game plays out, if not the result, especially being so early on. I could see a Hearts/Kilmarnock/Motherwell/ - insert your team here - player being sent off in that situation.

Whether that’s paranoia or not, I’m unsure.
And plastered all over our bigoted msm.

Latest posts

Back