Allan McGregor

Felt a tear coming on when i saw him coming on for the last few minutes and also at the end when everyone was chanting his name,looked as if he was starting to well up
When we were all chanting his name, that's when it got me. Had to stop mid song just to compose myself. He'll leave a club legend and he'll be talked about forever more like The Goalie is. I doubt we could pay him any higher a compliment than that but hes earned it.

It was a real classy touch by Gio to bring him on and give him the reception he deserved.

The Kostic penalty summed him up. Literally the best left foot in Europe and he read it and almost got there. Just a lucky bobble he didn't.

Love you Greegsy always. A hero.

article-0-0BC20A4900000578-246_634x387.jpg
The save that stopped 10 in a row

Love him!

If he left in January, and McLaughlin became No.1 we’d have won the league.

Harsh reality!

But a legend all the same!

A big game player.
A tremendous shot stopper and you always had confidence in him at penalties too.

We’ve had some tremendous keepers over the years. Let’s hope we can find another star!

Over his tenure he’s up there with Goram for me now. Sad to see him go. An absolute legend of Rangers.

I remember when Greegs was with us first time. He was 24 at the time, and I said to my mates, if he stays he’ll be a legend.
The defence rests your honour.

He came back with unfinished business, brought home our pride, our reputation and our trophies. The undisputed best to ever pull on a pair of gloves for us. He was a stroke of luck away from a European medal which he undoubtedly deserved but it was not to be.
I'm sure he will be more than happy to play the legends games to shout abuse at Papac once again.

His interviews afterwards suggest he's not finished btw. I'm sure in Davis' interview he said McGregor's got another year or two in him as well.

They put race horses out to stud when they finish up. Could do the same with him? Get him to work on the next generation of keepers for Rangers and Scotland.

Back