Alleged Superstars.

Unsure what the OP means. Was he Lewandowski never world class or not world class now. Haaland is still very young, last season he ripped up the EPL with ease and was without doubt the best in the world. Even with city not as free scoring, he's out in front. I don't think he's a skilful player off the ball but we are judging him as a goalscorer. I had no idea Nunez and Martial were ever classed as world class.

Some wild takes on here. I look forward to the new frontline of Haaland and Lewandoski supported by Bellingham turning out for Yoker Athletic at Holm park.

If you don’t “get” a guy that scored 344 goals in 375 games for Bayern Munich then you might want to take up a different sport tbh.

I wouldn’t judge Lewandowski’s ability on his current form at Barca. It’s a shitshow there, Xavi is gone in the summer, Lewa and others want out too.

I get why he went it’s Barca but it’s like Ibrahimovic all over again, wrong type of player for how they want to play.

Absolutely world class but past his best.

That Barcelona team is full of players that were truly world class 4 years ago. The problem being they still believe they have the same ability as they had 4 years ago.

Quite a contrasting list of players.

Lewandowski…….Martial.

Anyway, Lewandowski has probably been the best number 9 in the past 10 years. I’d say only Benzema could be argued as better in terms of longevity, Suarez maybe for a shorter period of time.

Not flashy, but a proper number 9. Granted, he was poor tonight.

Suarez and benzema are much better football players

Brilliant. You’ve got to love follow follow. A guy who has scored almost 600 professional goals at the very highest level getting criticised. Imagine you’re Dessers reading this - what hope does he have? :))

Haaland is overrated and I don't care what anyone says. I've noticed a lot of pundits coming out saying it now as well.

Don't get me wrong, as a penalty box poacher he's probably the best in the world. But as an overall player? Give me peace. Some people were claiming he should win the Ballon d'Or last season...he's not even the best player at Man City, lucky if he's top 3.

You just can’t have a conversation with someone that says “they never get” Lewandowski as a player.

4vv263.jpg

Haaland is overrated and I don't care what anyone says. I've noticed a lot of pundits coming out saying it now as well.

Don't get me wrong, as a penalty box poacher he's probably the best in the world. But as an overall player? Give me peace. Some people were claiming he should win the Ballon d'Or last season...he's not even the best player at Man City, lucky if he's top 3.
Ach!! all he does is score goals.

:):):)

Anyone mentioned Zlatan Ibrahimovic as being 'shite' yet for the full house?

Haven't got time to rake through this toilet of a thread to find out.

Jack Grealish.

Loved him at Villa, but watching him now all he seems to do when he gets the ball on the left hand side is pass it back the way. Rarely see him take a man on these days.

Clearly a talented player and had a great season last season with City but seems to do very little on the ball other than feint to hit the bye line before passing it back.
Great at falling over and getting free kicks nobody better.

Griezmann has played in two World Cup finals and has even won it and yet I’d be disappointed if he signed for Rangers.

I’ve yet to see him play well or have any impact on any game I’ve seen him play in.

Dud.

Back