Ally McCoist - co commentary

Some of the lines he hits out with crack me up. Was saying Odegaard had his nine iron out for a chipped through ball tonight

He always seems genuinely astounded when a forward is offside. Might watch back some of our older games to see how often Ally got caught.

One of the few on co-comms who is completely neutral.

I am amazed the mentally challenged haven't complained about him as I am sure he gives a generation of them, their defenders and goalies heebie geebie flashbacks.
As soon as you hear his voice you just know that you will enjoy the game no matter how good or bad it is.

He always seems genuinely astounded when a forward is offside. Might watch back some of our older games to see how often Ally got caught.

One of the few on co-comms who is completely neutral.
He’s also often astounded when a forward isn’t positioned correctly in the box . He used to comment on Morelos positioning a lot. if anyone knows where a forward should position himself it’s him I suppose. The master of it.

His enthusiasm for the game is honestly so refreshing. He doesn't sound like he's there for work, he sounds like he's enjoying himself and giving good insight at the same time. It's little wonder the UK loves him. If Ally could've found a way to bottle his natural charisma he'd be a far richer man than he already is.

He improves watching games as he clearly loves football. There are too many pundits that seem to hate football yet get a job in it.

I love how humble he is, he won't go off on one criticising a striker for missing a chance but will say maybe he could have done x y or z instead he was one of the best finishers about in his days but when you hear him talk about his own playing career you would think he was some lower league jobber you compare that to people like Jermaine Jenas who listening to him never made a mistake ever it's refreshing. McCoist doesn't make it about him, it's about the game and players he is commenting on

I love his insight and enthusiasm but sometimes I think he needs to reel it in a wee bit. Take a breath Ally. :D

He's head and shoulders above the rest, his knowledge of other sports like horse racing and cricket shouldn't be forgotten either, a very clever man, sharp as a tack.

Reactions: TQ3
He's head and shoulders above the rest, his knowledge of other sports like horse racing and cricket shouldn't be forgotten either, a very clever man, sharp as a tack.
I also imagine the guys he works with love having him around just to brighten up the mood.

I also imagine the guys he works with love having him around just to brighten up the mood.
Compare and contrast to Lee Dixon. You would think he was at his mums funeral when on co-comms.
Ally has become a national favourite. Even the Arsenal dj played Hells Bells last night!
Him on nation tv and Bomber on Rangers tv are the co-coms around. ( Bombers insight on Rangers is top drawer.)

He mixes his knowledge of the game perfectly with his character, it’s no surprise he gets so many jobs, It’s unusual to see people work for so many companies at the same time, ally’s everywhere
His knowledge is first class. He was always the top scorer on Question of Sport. In every sport. He must do a power of research.

Love Ally and there is no secret to his success on this front.

He simply knows how privileged a position he is in to be paid to watch and talk about football at the highest level. He accordingly does his homework and goes to games well researched on who he is watching.

The number of co-commentators who view their job as a chore and are pig ignorant on anything outside the top few teams in England is astounding. Particularly evident at major international tournaments.

I don't know where he gets the energy from.

I'm just knackered looking at his schedule !
Equal-Male-Icelandichorse-size-restricted.gif

The number of co-commentators who view their job as a chore and are pig ignorant on anything outside the top few teams in England is astounding. Particularly evident at major international tournaments.
doesn't do it now but Lawrenson at major tournaments would just bring football down

get paid to go and watch football for 3-4 weeks, sound as if you are BBC Scotland when Celtic lose. Most people would jump at the chance of going to watch a major tournament for that amount of time and get paid for it

Definitely something going on with his mouth. Like when someone's teeth are not quite sitting right. His speech is not quite right.

doesn't do it now but Lawrenson at major tournaments would just bring football down

get paid to go and watch football for 3-4 weeks, sound as if you are BBC Scotland when Celtic lose. Most people would jump at the chance of going to watch a major tournament for that amount of time and get paid for it
Lawrenson was a disgrace. He seemed to genuinely hate football by the end.

I despise Danny Murphy for it as well. Have never got over an early Italy game at Euro-2020 where he made a comment saying he had never heard of Donnarumma before the match started. He had been Ac Milan No1 for about 5 years and had about 30 caps for Italy at this point!

seems to be everywhere these days, up and down the country with his brilliant commentary

at the top of his game once again

I seen a couple of bellends on Facebook moaning about him last night. Liverpool fans though, so to be expected.

he's easy one of the best out there.

I despise the lovey dovey with Sutton. He should be treating that c--t with the contempt he deserves.

However, his enthusiasm shines through in commentary. Then there's the humour.

Kenneth Wilsenholme has been immortalised for his words when Geoff Hurst scored England's fourth in 1966. 'People are on the pitch. They think it's all over. It is now.'

Ally McCoist's turn of phrase beats it hands down in the 2022 Argie v France WC final.

When MpBappe scores his third, he quipped; 'MpBabbe, becomes the first player in WC history to score a hat trick in the final, were all balls have crossed the line.'

Absolutely wonderful.

Even Lee Dixon as co commentaor said, 'You're going to get a few letters for that. But you could sense a bit of mirth in his voice.

He seems to have found a new lease of life on comms.

But I could do without the yahoo/Sutton banter.

My opinion.

I tell you something, his bank balance will not be struggling.

He's everywhere, and for good reason.

Makes every game that little bit better. Always amusing when he's doing a Man City game and slobbering over Phil Foden.

Back