Ally McCoist on Talksport speaking about Andy Goram

I’m not saying this to put anyone else down or anything like that at all, but it says a lot that Ally, as busy as he is these days, has been there right at the end with both Walter and The Goalie. Such a popular guy who has represented our club with great distinction through some really difficult times lately. As hard as these times are it reminds me of how lucky we are to have a guy like him attached to Rangers.

Still thinking of the big guy and his family. A giant of the game gone far too soon.

Can barely listen to it, the whole situation is really, truly awful. Been too many of these types of thing in recent months. Desperately sad stuff.

I fail to understand how there are people still doubting this man's commitment to our club.

He played, managed, stayed through thick and thin. Gave always his best and yet when he's not working for the club in any capacity, looks after former team mates in the most tragic of circumstances.

Lovely words paying tribute to his pal nice to hear he was with him along with Bomber and his son Danny and Miriam he will be sadly missed but he’s left us with some wonderful memories.

Ally always speaks so well.

Slightly off topic but is John Brown still employed by Rangers in any capacity?

Very moving from Ally. Tearful.

I was in the car later and Jim White aired an interview with Andy’s son Danny.
Again, so sad listening to the lad.
He managed a week up here with Andy’s grandkids before the end.
Said Rangers are organising the funeral and thinks it could be 18th or 19th.
Rip goalie.

Super has had to do so many of these of late and it speaks volume of how special a human being and person he is himself, I love him to bits and I am so proud of him, that was a lovely tribute to his old pal.

No more suffering or pain now for The Goalie, sleep well.
Another timely reminder to those of us living our daily lives to take nothing for granted and make the most of every day we get.

As for Ally McCoist. I really can’t think of a better Ranger, all things considered. He is the epitome of Rangers F.C.

Back