Ally McCoist rinses Celtic's rotten Champions League record as he hits Chris Sutton with epic one-liner

BlueMeanie

The old sparring partners couldn't resist landing a few jabs on each other as both made their predictions ahead of a new Premiership season.

Ally McCoist praises Allan McGregor's wonder save against Slavia Prague

Rangers icon Ally McCoist couldn't resist a zinger in the direction of Celtic after their fourth consecutive season of failing to qualify for the Champions League.
The Parkhead board have come in for fierce criticism with new boss Ange Postecoglou absolved of blame as his patchwork side were defeated by the Danes.
But McCoist could see the funny side and he was ready for Celtic hero Chris Sutton as the Ibrox legend had one in the back pocket before his good pal could go on the attack.

The old sparring partners couldn't resist landing a few jabs on each other as both made their predictions ahead of a new Scottish Premiership season.
Speaking on BT Sport's Football Extra, the Rangers legend said: "The easiest thing for me to do to restart the show would be to say Chris' team is out of Europe before the programme starts.

"But I am far too big for that, I am not getting involved in that. I made myself a promise, I am not getting involved in any of the that nonsense this season.

"I'm very much looking forward to the against Malmo, it's a massive, massive game.
"I just hope there's continued improvement in Rangers, particularly in Europe this year, because to qualify for the Champions League group stage would be a brilliant achievement.
"I'm sure Chris will agree with me, I think it would be fantastic for Scottish football."

Many would assume Sutton was the tougher, more physical and harder player. But Ally would have sorted him out without breaking sweat, he was more than capable of mixing it with some proper hard men. Not pretend ones like Sutton who was actually a shitebag.
Remember he handled the ball deliberately to get sent off because he couldn't take a thumping, and Walks about with security because he can't fight sleep.

Super just being Super!
He could run rings around the likes of Sutton and Hartson both on and off the park without breaking sweat or batting an eyelid!
;)

No doubt but he hams it up to make a living.

I dunno, he's reputation was always that he was a total cÜnt to all and sundry.

From canteen staff to youth players to punters, he's renowned as a throughly objectionable bellend.

Last edited:
I dunno, he's reputation was always that he was a total cÜnt to all and sundry.
Oh he is definitely a cünt but he absolutely hams it up to stoke reaction in the same way that tabloid rags do. He is not a good actor though so you can see how much the death of Terry Munro did and continues to hurt him.

What was it Super said about getting their kicks in while we were down?

Had it been on the pitch, he’d have gotten up and rattled Sutton. A tougher player than many think and played against real hard men. Unlike the shock jock pundit plastic hard man.

Enjoy your fun Ally, you deserve it. As do we.

I love it. It's like when yer mate buys shite shoes and you go "mate I'm no going to slag your sannys, but f*ck me I'd no be seen deed in them" B-D

Super ally is far too clever for that numbskull sutton. Sutton has the IQ of a flip flop

Many would assume Sutton was the tougher, more physical and harder player. But Ally would have sorted him out without breaking sweat, he was more than capable of mixing it with some proper hard men. Not pretend ones like Sutton who was actually a shitebag.
AND a diving bastrt!

Yep, getting himself deliberately sent off at Ibrox as his team was being humiliated sums him up imo. Always frustrated this isn’t constantly thrown in his face as there can be no credible comeback from him. The ultimate in unprofessionalism and cowardice!

Compare and contrast the attitudes in the media. Class from Ally as you would expect, showing the cunts how it’s really done.
Yes, no wild predictions.
No bluster.
No unjustified “how good we are” nonsense.
Just respectful comment, delivered with Gillette sharpness.

Sutton was a good player tbh.

Scored over 20 goals in 3 separate seasons whilst in the EPL, which is a pretty big achievement by itself.

i don't mind sutton, he is a wind up merchant

he always goes against the grain

he makes a living from being an outspoken troll

anyone that gets upset by him, isnt paying attention
I pay as little attention to sutton as possible, and still can't stand him. Loathe him as pundit, loathed him as player.

Back