Ally's tribute to Walter - Beautiful

You can see the genuine love and respect that he felt for Walter. I lost my dad last Monday and phoning people to let them know is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. Great courage from Ally to have to do it to an audience of millions but a mark of the man.
Very sorry to hear that mate.

You can see the genuine love and respect that he felt for Walter. I lost my dad last Monday and phoning people to let them know is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. Great courage from Ally to have to do it to an audience of millions but a mark of the man.
Sorry for your loss, mate. It's a hard thing to go through. Lovely words from Ally.

So sorry for your loss.
I have just poured a half for my wife and myself to celebrate the life and times of Walter.
Your dad is in our thoughts also.
Although I don't know you, and will probably never meet you, we are all in this life together.

Sorry for your loss mate. Great words from Ally.

Yes indeed. It was truly an emotional listen. Thoughts with you Ally, all our past and present players on the hardest day in the clubs recent history. We’ll always remember where we were when Walter created the magnificent memories so many of witnessed. Sadly also on the day of his passing.

Sorry for your loss mate.

I'm glad I waited till I got home to watch that , couldn't stop the tears , well done Ally wonderful tribute to a wonderful man

Don't know how Ally held back the tears there. You can tell there is an intense love for the Gaffer.

We should all consider ourselves fortunate and privileged to be part of his journey.

Ally and Walter are cut from the same cloth, with the Club meaning the absolute world to them. Even the strongest of Fans likely wouldn't be able to truly understand.

That they were so engrained in each other's lives is no surprise. You feel as sorry for Ally as you do the Family themselves.

Legends (and not just Rangers) but sadly no longer together. Absolutely gutted today. A sad sad day.

RIP Gaffer.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Your old man is in my thoughts tonight too.

Incredible courage from Ally to be able to keep it together to pay that tribute.

Much respect

So sorry to hear about your Dad mate, you'll know only too painfully well how difficult it is to hold it together when you lose someone you love so it's incredibly brave of you to write such kind words about Ally at this time.

Sorry for your loss mate.

Really feeling for Ally today, listening to that earlier was a real struggle but worth it to hear his words. It’s clear there was a bond there that went far beyond football.

I’d also like to say I felt Jim White was terrific, the way he gave Ally verbal support and also struggled to come to terms with his own emotion.

A truly sad day.

Really sorry to hear of your loss mate.

You’ve no doubt had to show your own courage around family in this time.

I will raise my glass for Walter and your dad tonight.

Shed a few tears already today and watching this tribute shed a few more.

I think what this makes harder is we all look at Walter as a father like figure, someone who we look up to and admire his integrity, his character, his moral compass…. Wishing too that we could reach his levels.

It’s not just the football memories we remember , it’s the man himself.

Raising a glass to the Gaffer tonight…

I've just watched this for the 3rd or 4th time today, and how Ally puts that together and speaks of him while put on the spot, is frankly astonishing.

2 incredible Rangers men.

Back