Alonso not on Liverpool shortlist

He’s confirmed he’s staying.

Fair play to him. Much better than to try and create something new with a team that have never really achieved, vs going to one of the big ones at the first opportunity. He's got the potential to do something really special there, and think this will only boost his credentials as a top manager

Long term eye on the Real Madrid job and the chance to work with Bellingham, Mbappe, Vinicius Jnr. Liverpool post Klopp will be a huge rebuilding job and may end up being a poisoned chalice like Moyes had at United.

Undefeated so far in the Bundesliiga. 10 points clear, apparently. Alonso’s doing pretty well. If he sustains that - 8 matches left - that will be some achievement.

I have a feeling that they'll go after De Zerbi.
I think that also. I find him very overrated tbh and I don’t think he’ll last long at Liverpool.

I’d be amazed if Alonso doesn’t go to Bayern. If it’s in Germany then they normally get their man.

Can understand the whole Real Madrid angle, Spanish Wife etc… as well. Adds up perfectly really.
Always thought of that job (Real Madrid) as a bit of a basket case position for managers, seems to be a revolving door. If I was Alonso I'd much rather Liverpool.

As a player I'd pick Madrid but as a manager I'd pick Liverpool.

Always thought of that job (Real Madrid) as a bit of a basket case position for managers, seems to be a revolving door. If I was Alonso I'd much rather Liverpool.

As a player I'd pick Madrid but as a manager I'd pick Liverpool.

Be the pinaccle for most Spaniards. You have to wonder how they feel as a family having lived in various places the last 20 years, got 2 kids under 10 as well I think with 1 in his teens. It is quite a unique situation in that both he and his Mrs have lived in Munich and Liverpool/Cheshire and finally Madrid, as well as he playing for all 3 linked Clubs as a player.

The thing is weve seen this happen before.

Leverkusen having a bit of a freak season. No doubting Alonso is a big factor but a lot of players really peaking.

He could have a bad start next season, lose key players and the wheels comes off. His stock could plummet and be out of the running for the big jobs.

If I was him Id be looking at moving in the summer when he has his pick of Clubs

The thing is weve seen this happen before.

Leverkusen having a bit of a freak season. No doubting Alonso is a big factor but a lot of players really peaking.

He could have a bad start next season, lose key players and the wheels comes off. His stock could plummet and be out of the running for the big jobs.

If I was him Id be looking at moving in the summer when he has his pick of Clubs

It's a funny one as when you actually look who they have beaten outside of the Bundesliga it isn't much, they have only came up against one other Bundesliga side in the Cup as well and that will be the case if they win it. Bundesliga is at its weakest for years, they'll have a decent chance of winning it next season if they keep the squad together or replace/strengthen well.

Last edited:
Back