Alves and Cardoso at Thistles 1st goal

Can't believe some of the shit I'm reading here. Our defence is worse than last year and Alves isn't a patch on Clint Hill?? We lost 2 bad goals on Tuesday but comments suggesting our central defence hasn't improved are ridiculous.
This place is full of mentally challengeds and idiots that need to get out more and see a bit of life

The more I watch the highlights, the more angry I get with us causing such a stupid free kick.

First, both Alves and Cardoso let the ball bounce, something that should never happen. Next, Alves appears to run away from the ball leaving it to the Thistle striker before Cardoso completely mistimes his jump, causing him to land on their player.

If Kiernan had been involved in that calamity, this place would have slaughtered him.

While the defence has been an upgrade on last season, the fact we've only kept one clean sheet after 6 games is a worry.

It was really poor.

People keep mentioning Kiernan though, Kiernan did shite like this week in week out. He was the absolute epitome of a bomb scare defender

We are poor defensively, full backs go up the park, and forget to come back. We need the centre halves to attack the ball with more conviction.

Cardoso seems to misjudge the flight of the ball a lot when it's in the air and I'm sure he will get better the more he gets used to the fact that Scottish football is played this way sometimes.

To be fair to Cardoso, I think he admitted this a couple of weeks ago, and told how he was trying to adjust to the madness that is Scottish Football. It's breathless, it's sling the ball forward, it's challenge for every ball, and up to 6 weeks ago he will have seen nothing like that. You are right, he will get better and his judgement improve. Our central defence is much improved from last season.

The second goal was Alves' fault. You can't play an offside trap that deep.
You can if you don't have a right back wandering around 3 yards behind you. Please, let's not talk nonsense. Tavernier was the primary culprit not once but twice at that goal, repeating the same mistakes that he has been since he arrived.

It was poor. The fact that the ball bounces firstly and second of all, their forward is going nowhere. Needless foul to give away.

Our defence has been better this season,but Friday night was amateur hour from us-although I'm probably doing amateur football a disservice saying that.

The defending on Friday night was plain terrible.

horrific defending. i thought alves got caught out a few times actually. positionally he was quite poor in that game.

Apparently we have conceded 11 shots on target this season and let in 8 of them. We have improved on last season, but something still isn't right. The two goals we lost on Friday night were schoolboy stuff.

Back