Amateur football match in Aberdeen abandoned over 'racial slur'

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
A university football team walked off the pitch after a racial slur was said to have been used against one of its players during a match.

The incident involved an amateur first division league game between Aberdeen University Football Club and Kincorth Amateurs at Tullos Primary School on Saturday.

Aberdeen University Students' Association said it abandoned the game.

BBC Scotland has asked Kincorth Amateurs for comment.

Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association said it was awaiting the referee's report into the game.

Aberdeen University Students' Association (Ausa) said in a statement: "Aberdeen University Football Club walked off the pitch and subsequently abandoned their game against Kincorth AFC due to the use of an extremely offensive racial slur against one of the university players.

"Aberdeen University Students' Association has zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any form and will take all the necessary actions to support the AUFC (Aberdeen University Football Club) in this matter."

Police Scotland appealed for any witnesses to contact them.

Off subject, but do primary schools have full size pitches now?
They were always smaller when I was a schoolkid?

You certainly couldn't play an adult game on my old school pitch. (Windlaw)

That brings back memories from my primary school days,my first match on a proper pitch wearing the school strip was at Netherton,although I went to Croftfoot primary.

Seems fair enough. If someone is pathetic enough to get so worked up about amateur football that they called someone a ni**er (or equivalent) then I wouldn’t share a pitch with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

A few of the primary schools local to me have a full 11 aside pitch but markings and goals for smaller pitches going across the way. Having an 11 aside pitch means the owners can rent it out for adult teams (and also kick off local young boys just wanting a kick about that don’t pay)

A university football team walked off the pitch after a racial slur was said to have been used against one of its players during a match.

The incident involved an amateur first division league game between Aberdeen University Football Club and Kincorth Amateurs at Tullos Primary School on Saturday.

Aberdeen University Students' Association said it abandoned the game.

BBC Scotland has asked Kincorth Amateurs for comment.

Aberdeenshire Amateur Football Association said it was awaiting the referee's report into the game.

Aberdeen University Students' Association (Ausa) said in a statement: "Aberdeen University Football Club walked off the pitch and subsequently abandoned their game against Kincorth AFC due to the use of an extremely offensive racial slur against one of the university players.

"Aberdeen University Students' Association has zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any form and will take all the necessary actions to support the AUFC (Aberdeen University Football Club) in this matter."

Police Scotland appealed for any witnesses to contact them.
Typical Kincorth.
They've been getting off with shit like that in that league for years.

Hardly surprising when you see where the alleged slur came from.

Refs are terrified to act as well. Not surprisingly, might I add.

This is a new trend and it’s right up Neil lennons street . Obviously racism etc isn’t on however -

It wouldn’t surprise me one iota if he became the first manager in Scotland to take his team off the park if they are losing an OF game because he heard “ sectarian “ abuse .

It’s a classic deflection tactic , would get us in the headlines for the wrong reasons , and get him in the limelight . Watch this space .

This is a new trend and it’s right up Neil lennons street . Obviously racism etc isn’t on however -

It wouldn’t surprise me one iota if he became the first manager in Scotland to take his team off the park if they are losing an OF game because he heard “ sectarian “ abuse .

It’s a classic deflection tactic , would get us in the headlines for the wrong reasons , and get him in the limelight . Watch this space .
Sounds ridiculous until you think about it seriously and then you think it's the inevitable result of the current zeitgeist.

Only this morning some clown of a youth coach claimed on Talksport that Raheem Sterling was rejected by all the London football clubs because he was black.

Sounds ridiculous until you think about it seriously and then you think it's the inevitable result of the current zeitgeist.

Only this morning some clown of a youth coach claimed on Talksport that Raheem Sterling was rejected by all the London football clubs because he was black.

How did he square that with, you know, his youth career at QPR?

I once saw a Sunday League game descend into a mass brawl with all 22 players and everybody that had been on the touchline involved after a racial slur. The ref was last seen driving off on his kit and football boots.

I had a Keystone Cops moment whilst playing for Houghton Rangers in the Leics Senior League when i lamped a linesman who called me a fat jock bastard. The whole 2 teams ended up chasing each other around the park. When it all calmed down the ref, who didn't think it was worth talking to the linesman, was going to send me off until the captain from the other side asked the ref what he would have done if the lino had called him a fat black bastard.

Slippery slope if any action is taken in favour of the team walking off
Even in my low level Sunday league career the racial victim card was regularly used as a defence for some fairly brutal assaults by black players
Mind you some of the guys in my team were often guilty of dishing out abuse
But it is untenable to go on the say so of a single player or players of a single team in any situation
Footballers cheat is hardly news

I'd be mortified if someone on my team was dishing out any sort of racial abuse while we were playing.

You can see how this one's going to go, its going to be one word against the other so very difficult to deal with especially if the ref didn't hear what was allegedly said.

Back