Amsterdam sevens.

Shengus Malengus

I've just watched a clip from the excellent "Rangers archives" on Facebook.

It was Rangers pumping Liverpool 7-2 with big Jorg ripping the pish out of David James.

I have no recollection whatsoever of this tournament.
Does anyone have memories of it?

Talk about star studded. Baggio, Maldini, Gascoigne, Davids, the De Boers, with Cruijff presenting the trophy!

Absolutely nuts midway through a season though, particularly with some of those crunching tackles.

I think that was Toryglen and they asked if I could fill in for Gazza but I had a late shift in Direct Line so had to say no. Might be wrong.

I was at this, think there were about 80-100 bears there. My favourite memory of it is the Liverpool players coming over to our wee section to warm-up in front of us in between games and one of the bears shouting "Hey Barnes, isotonic ya fat bast*rd".

Neither Milan, nor Liverpool had a section of support it was just the bears making a din.

It was definitely called euro-sixes sponsored by Sony Mini-Disc.

Aye, think we got paid about a million for taking part. Ended up costing us more! Madness looking back at it.

I was at this, think there were about 80-100 bears there. My favourite memory of it is the Liverpool players coming over to our wee section to warm-up in front of us in between games and one of the bears shouting "Hey Barnes, isotonic ya fat bast*rd".

Neither Milan, nor Liverpool had a section of support it was just the bears making a din.

It was definitely called euro-sixes sponsored by Sony Mini-Disc.
Was also there, Liverpool warming up on track near to our section.
Bears singing to Fowler "Robbie Robbie gies the sash - Robbie dusnae know it" Fowler laughing & if I recall rightly Carragher (just a boy at the time) not amused. Was also feckin freezing.

Back