Andrew Dickson on twitter

Is this Andrew Dickson our executive director? I'm stunned by his stupidity if it is.

The guys got a point

What the %^*& is happening with the manager situation it’s a joke

We also should just have said hibs are within their rights to sell tickets to their fans however this is the second time they have reduced rangers allocation

We will take appropriate action next season this won’t be forgotten

"something Hibs are quite within their rights to do". Perhaps. And we're within our rights to reciprocate. What's the problem?

Dickson sums up the mentality of many at Ibrox. I'm surprised the statement got released. I'd be even more surprised if we followed it up with action.

And it's not one thing or the other. We don't need to be in a state of organisational paralysis until we appoint a manager. We can do other things.

I think he's pointing out that Traynor is doing his usual to distract us from the reality of whats going on at the club by issuing a statement that a proportion of the fans will think is great.

A bit like the kit deal / orange strip leaking the day after the last old firm game.
Spot on.

I have to agree with his sentiment. Transparency was the word of choice previously, where is it now ?

He is right in the respect that this board's communication, liaison and engagement with fans is absolutely abysmal.

Silent, invisible men offering minimal transparency.

I long for the day when we have dynamic, aggressive, innovative people in the boardroom - and no, they don't have to be 'Rangers men'. As I've always said, being 'Rangers men' does not guarantee anything, as we are clearly seeing.

"something Hibs are quite within their rights to do". Perhaps. And we're within our rights to reciprocate. What's the problem?

Dickson sums up the mentality of many at Ibrox. I'm surprised the statement got released. I'd be even more surprised if we followed it up with action.

And it's not one thing or the other. We don't need to be in a state of organisational paralysis until we appoint a manager. We can do other things.

Can't decide if you're agreeing with him or not :D

Personally I found the statement quite embarrassing as usual. All it needed was a line or 2 saying we note Hibs decision, will be declining any reduced allocation, and will be reviewing theirs for Ibrox accordingly. Traynor really needs chased.

Can't decide if you're agreeing with him or not :D

Personally I found the statement quite embarrassing as usual. All it needed was a line or 2 saying we note Hibs decision, will be declining any reduced allocation, and will be reviewing theirs for Ibrox accordingly. Traynor really needs chased.

I'm disagreeing with him. :) I agree that the statement could have done with some editing. It could have been trimmed down and more to the point.

I don't agree with Dickson that we can't make such statements, and hopefully such action, without doing lots of other things as well. We wanted the board to response to Hibs and they have.

He's got a point - although, the club were right to respond to Hibs' pathetic cutting of the allocation.

Hibs are in the right.
I and most people on here want our club to do the same thing to celtic in the broomloan stand.
Our board dont have the balls .
Remember Motherwell did it a few years ago in the play offs, but as a club we still take our allocation and will do when we play Hibs next year.

Agree with him. Only seen the Hibs thing late last night and it was one of our more stupid "statements" this year. Is it still Traynor writing these things?

Far more important matters the fans deserve "statements" on.

Amazing club say nothing they get it say something they get it if hibs are right then we'll be right to cut there allocation when it suits us

After their behaviour at Hampden, attacking our team, invading the pitch we should ban them from Ibrox indefinitely, no benefit in their attendance with their bigotry and obvious hatred of Rangers.

Amazing club say nothing they get it say something they get it if hibs are right then we'll be right to cut there allocation when it suits us

Of course we want the club to make statements but Im afraid the ones they do issue are embarrassing and very poorly worded. I dont know who writes these but they need to go back to school. That's assuming they've left.

The board cannot tell us who the new manager is because I’d be amazed if they knew.
Probably still 'drawing up a list' :(

Remember - King tells us that it can take months and months to appoint a CEO at one of his businesses, when comparing recruiting a new Rangers manager :(

While I get your point the reason they criticised is because their words mean nothing. They never back them up with action. Players, staff & supporters assaulted on the pitch and they've done nothing. If they won't act on something that serious it would seem surprising if they acted on this particularly as the supporters having been asking them to do so with the other half of the old firm for months and they've just made excuses.

The board cannot win with folk. They say nothing they get slaughtered, they make a statement it's the wrong one or it's too long or they shouldn't have done.

Missing the point completely. Gave scum full allocation yet cut Rangers who have the biggest support in the country.

Also why alert the world to any new manager? So other clubs can be alerted to his availability? So the media can dig the dirt on the guy before he is even in the door?

They really stumble and fumble about in the dark.

Pedro exited literally months ago
I've said before on here mate - they're winging it.

This next appointment is make or break for them IMO. They've f.ucked up too many times. The way they've handled things on the managerial front since Pedro left has been nothing short of embarrassing and shambolic.

Whats wrong with what he said??

How naive do we have to be if we forget the disrespect the board are showing fans with their approach to date, because of a statement about hibs? Don't let this distract you from the real issue - we have a dud manager, dud team and are underperforming. The board would be better served focusing their efforts on that rather than putting out strongly worded statements about less important issues.

The trouble with this, is it comes from an ex Rangers media type who didn't exactly set the heather on fire when in post, in fact, imo was bloody useless.

Whatever ticket reduction we receive for this game should set the amount of tickets we take for all future games at that ground.
Never again should we accept filling that stand with Rangers fans.

The board cannot win with folk. They say nothing they get slaughtered, they make a statement it's the wrong one or it's too long or they shouldn't have done.
The board can ‘win’ by doing their job properly and planning/executing a rational cohesive plan for the recruitment of a manager and coaching staff.

Statements, good or bad, are just window dressing.

He's being sarcastic about the lack of any genuinely open dialogue between board and fans.

Indeed. The statement has been warmly welcomed on here but every Bear I have spoken to about it outwith FF holds the same view; the board are jumping on the small stuff as they are incapable of sorting out the major issues that we face. Time will tell if this is correct but faith in this board is fast running out.

I've said before on here mate - they're winging it.

This next appointment is make or break for them IMO. They've f.ucked up too many times. The way they've handled things on the managerial front since Pedro left has been nothing short of embarrassing and shambolic.

You have indeed and unfortunately bang on with all of the above.

They need to get this appointment right.

You have indeed and unfortunately bang on with all of the above.

They need to get this appointment right.
Huge summer for this board on so many things. Absolutely massive.

Managerial appointment must be 100% right. No more false dawns !

He's a right drama queen on twitter but he's quite right here.

No need for even a statement to be put out. Could have just left it and worked on plans on sorting the away support at Ibrox to be the same for everyone, then announced that when it was done.

Now we look like the wee fat guy at school who replies to a slagging with "Am gonnae kick yer heed in at lunch." then is nowhere to be seen. Same as the cup final, all talk.

Our new manager still has a minimum of 2 more English Championship games to take care of, all of which are massive for his current club. Therefore i'm pretty sure the lack of announcement from our side is probably at his request as he'll not be wanting to take any focus away from his task at hand. It would also seem a bit disrespectful to his current club at such an important time for them.

The guys got a point

What the %^*& is happening with the manager situation it’s a joke

We also should just have said hibs are within their rights to sell tickets to their fans however this is the second time they have reduced rangers allocation

We will take appropriate action next season this won’t be forgotten

The board stay silent and get slaughtered

The board defend the club nd get slaughtered

Welcome to FF

Hivs can cut our allocation a few weeks before the match takes place but SR at the Shareholders meeting said they could not change celtcs allocation during the current season, something stinks here.

Hivs can cut our allocation a few weeks before the match takes place but SR at the Shareholders meeting said they could not change celtcs allocation during the current season, something stinks here.

Of course we could cut it. But then we wouldn't sell 7500 tickets at £49 a pop.

HIVs obviously don't mind reducing their income from us if they leave half the stand empty like they did in 2015, or alternatively they think its worthwhile segregating the stand and selling tickets to their own support.

Back