Andy Halliday and Barry Ferguson on Pedro

Halliday being retained and managing to be part of Gerrard's first couple of years where we have improve massively and had some big nights like Vienna at Ibrox where Halliday played or the Ryan Jack OF game have healed some of the wounds but I very much remember Halliday having some nightmares for us.

He lost the ball in midfield at that 4-0 drubbing at Tynecastle for the 2nd or 3rd goal (Foderingham equally to blame) and looked so off being a Rangers player it was untrue.

There's a host of other incidents like that.

However, I like Halliday. He played for us in some massive games and the shit show that we found ourselves in in the middle of his career with us wasn't his fault.
Halliday was a poor player under poor managers.
SG was landed with him and a few others.
The cull began a few months ago and look at the transformation.
Still some there such as barker and stewart.
I seen plenty Rangers men in the early to mid 80s, it wasnt good viewing.

Call a manager a lady's front bottom? Are you english?

He said “5 months? We were all hoping it was 5 weeks to get rid of the cxnt!” whilst laughing, it was clearly a joke.

If you’re not from Glasgow, your post is more understandable, he isn’t saying it in a particulary derogatory manner. Its probably said in every other conversation between males in this city, and rarely ever in a bad way.
1. Not English at all.
2. perhaps it's a subtlety but I personally don't get called a lady's front bottom in any shape or form so perhaps we do hail from different environments.I would however take umbrage at it

Not sure where you're from but you obviously think it's ok to do this in a jocular manner, I don't. He's clearly articulating an issue in what i feel is an inappropriate way about a Rangers manager, just to get laughs.

I take it in your world it would be OK then for any other ex-player to call any other Rangers manager a lady's front bottom but in your words not in a 'particularly derogatory' way, whatever that actually means

Thanks for your comments

I don’t get everyone slagging the ‘dogs bark but the caravan moves on’ comment, expect it from the media but not when it comes to our own. It’s commonly used in certain places, and it’s really not that difficult to understand

Outrage on here , of all places , because two Rangers me tell a story about a dud manager we had .

Serious question to the outraged !

How do you survive on here ?

When I first came on this site 2003/4 ish , there was a weekly thread slagging Ally McCoist because he had a newspaper column at the time . Who in their right mind can think , I don’t agree with him , I’ll spend half my week slagging him , on a Rangers supporters forum . It’s a very short list whose ever done more for Rangers than McCoist. IMO

I don’t get everyone slagging the ‘dogs bark but the caravan moves on’ comment, expect it from the media but not when it comes to our own. It’s commonly used in certain places, and it’s really not that difficult to understand

not being funny mate but can you explain what was meant by the comment by Pedro?

Pedro was a screwball. No issue with them talking about how much of a screwball he was. He's yet another name from the last decade that should of been nowhere near Rangers. He was miles off. Thankfully those days seem to be behind us now.

Also who cares if he's a nice man. He completely disrespected job of Rangers manager. He never done any work on opposing teams and showed the players clips from his time in Qatar when working on shape and patterns of play. He wasn't out his depth, he wasn't even in the pool. Wage their and a fraud. God only knows how he ever got through an interview.

I don’t want Ferguson back in any role . He clearly had a high opinion of himself . If he came in as an assistant he would prob undermine the manager. Another PLG situation where it’s Barry vs the manager. Although I don’t think he would win this one . But he would prob succeed at turning a few players against said manager

I'm not a fan of that type of criticism especially in the modern context of how it's done-it wasn't Pedro's fault he got the job.

However I do think Pedro irrespective of being hapless was quite good at conning some of our support-I think he was really quite shrewd and worked it well for himself.

We are still not totally out of the hole he left us in. He certainly doesn't deserve sympathy or praise in my book.

Also who cares if he's a nice man. He completely disrespected job of Rangers manager. He never done any work on opposing teams and showed the players clips from his time in Qatar when working on shape and patterns of play. He wasn't out his depth, he wasn't even in the pool. Wage their and a fraud. God only knows how he ever got through an interview.
Complete and utter bollocks. He did no such thing. His biggest problem was he thought he could survive in Scottish football with his own system and his own choice of dud players. A dud manager who failed outright, but he never disrespected the job or the club for a second.

Last edited:
I suppose it makes a nice change for Baz to be airing his views on Rangers to a different mentally challenged bastard than his old mate and confidante on speed dial Mark Guidi.

Back