Andy Halliday - Thank you and goodbye

NoCiderNoParty

Good luck for the future Andy.

He can be proud of his playing stats at Ibrox after returning from his loan spell. In 46 appearances, including as a sub, he walked off the pitch only twice on the losing side. (both to bheast fc unfortunately).
6 defeats in games played. 3 against Celtic, 3 against Killie

Border City Bear

Wish the boy all the best but let’s be honest he was sh*** ‍♂ Only reason he was at the club for so long was cause MW gave him a new 4 year deal earning silly money after promotion from championship (same with Holt) so we struggled to get rid of. The fact that fans of other teams are gutted he’s leaving shows how bad he was.... but folk will ignore that cause “he one of our own” so is OrangeBunnet, RangersSanta and EDL Abdul but you wouldn’t have them playing for us people buzz cause he had a few tackle against Celtic players... oh wow!! Need players with quality at Rangers to win us trophies and he was no where near that quality. Problem in past few seasons is signing A lot boyhood Rangers fans who clearly were never good enough Dorrans, Murphy, Halliday, Holt, Stewart, McCauley, Forrester etc... if they “all knew what it meant” like folk keep saying they wouldn’t of put in so many poor performances over recent years. Need a team of winners!!
Seem to of upset a few Rangers Das with my post hahaha! Away back to buzzin over videos of tackles a player made in matches :/ folk upset cause I said a player they liked was sh*** lol get a grip!!
member for 2 years with 19 posts and most of them on this thread ? you're on the wrong forum

NoCiderNoParty

member for 2 years with 19 posts and most of them on this thread ? you're on the wrong forum
A the usual “you don’t post a lot” response hahaha!! Just cause yer more active doesn’t mean ye ken what yer talking about... You’d think it was a Ferguson or Durrant type of player we were getting rid of the way folk are going on

Border City Bear

A the usual “you don’t post a lot” response hahaha!! Just cause yer more active doesn’t mean ye ken what yer talking about... You’d think it was a Ferguson or Durrant type of player we were getting rid of the way folk are going on
One thing's for sure , bet he's a better player than me or you ! A dyed in the wool bluenose that lived the dream and the vast majority on here appreciate his efforts , he maybe wasn't the most skilful to wear the jersey but he knew what it meant to play for the club , in fact you're the only nugget on here that's slated him . It's fortunate you aint posted much if that's what you bring to the table !

bluewonder

Good luck Andy one of those guys who lived the dream played to the best of his ability and gave his all. You cannot ask for anymore than that from any player.

scottie59

It does leave us very bare at left back no cover now for Barisic, what about Hickey from Hearts for cover there, shame to see Halliday go he gave all for the jersey

Cooperfan

Like Holt and Foderingham he always have everything he had.

I'll miss his Mrs too.

Good luck in the future to all the lads that have left.

Good luck to him

IMO he should have been punted a while ago as he simply wasn’t of the required standard and he wasn’t he the only one

Finally glad to see us getting rid of a lot of dead wood in the squad. I had forgotten Holt was still contracted to us

BiopsyJones

Are you aware that it's possible to thank a player for his efforts and dedication to the club whilst also acknowledging that he isn't of the required standard going forward or are you too much of a thick tit to figure that out?

JW1988

Just struck me (after the Albertz thread) that Andy has been robbed of an Ibrox goodbye. If you didn't have reason to hate the SPFL, there's one for you!

grant1986

Anyone read his interview about leaving with The Athletic? “When I was a wee boy, I didn’t even dream of being a football player, I just dreamed of playing for Rangers”.

Good luck Andy! Lived all of our dreams.

The 1-0 game in December 2018 let's be honest we've all had that dream, beating them and winning man of the match.

Welcome back in the stands when it's 55 next season.

Hap Hapablap

Andy Halliday

Andy Halliday

Andy Halliday Andy Halliday Andy Halliday.

One of our own, lived the dream, and most importantly did the badge proud.

All the best Andy boy