Andy Penman - of Rangers and Dundee

Not that I remember it, but Andy Penman scored the first goal I ever saw Rangers score.
My first match was a 1968 pre season friendly v Arsenal and he scored our first in a 2-2 draw.

My mum sewed a number 8 on the back of my Rangers shirt when I was 5 years old because that made him my first ever favourite Rangers player.

that I remember it, but Andy Penman scored the first goal I ever saw Rangers score.
My first match was a 1968 pre season friendly v Arsenal and he scored our first in a 2-2 draw.

My mum sewed a number 8 on the back of my Rangers shirt when I was 5 years old because that made him my first ever favourite Rangers player.
1st player I seen score for Rangers too...a double at firhill in a 2 nil win.

He wrote for the shoot magazine,he was one of my first Rangers hero,so much so that i wrote to him.

But by god i can't remember what i asked him back then. :(

I wasa at that game and we were all calling for the game to be abandoned when the fog rolled in. Dundee had big Gilzean and Cousin with Penman on one wing and I think Roberton on the other, We were well beat that night.
I was present too. Dundee were brilliant that day and their performance is still the best I have seen from a Scottish team against us at Ibrox to this day.

Andy Penman,1st player I ever seen bend a free kick around a defensive wall.
WATP.
This was my first thought, Brazilian free kicks a speciality.
I believe Andy was diabetic, but didn’t make a big deal about it and just got on with being an excellent footballer.

Just found out my project manager at work is his son, never heard of him to be honest way before my era, was cool hearing that was his day tho after doing a bit of research into him

Martin/Sorensen/Neef
Johansen, Mathieson, Greig, McKinnon, D. Smith, Henderson, Penman, Stein, Johnston and Persson

A very good and entertaining Rangers side, that unfortunately won nothing
They were a very good team with Fergie at number 9 as well. Very unlucky not to win the League.

Back