Andy Robertson

BobbyShearer

Official Ticketer
Every time I see this lad he seems to have improved.
Having another good game tonight(opposition considered of course)

Must be one of our biggest missed player opportunities of the last 20 years.

We had ample opportunities to look at him. Not sure he is Liverpool quality but he is young and perhaps Klopp will really improve him? Playing with better players can only improve him.

Looks like the type of player who will move further forward as his career progresses. Brilliant when hes bombing up the wing.

From what I seen he was impressive for Liverpool on his debut (I think). Bombing up and down the flank with great delivery.

I know we has a good look at him, but was there any real chance of him coming. A QP fan mate of mine believes there is no way he would have come to us at the time

He is the typical modern attacking full back. None of them are great defensively but set up that many chances going forward.

Personally I prefer a defender who can defend.

I know we has a good look at him, but was there any real chance of him coming. A QP fan mate of mine believes there is no way he would have come to us at the time

I couldn't say for certain but given we were paying utter dross 8k and upwards I think a QP amateur player may have been persuaded.........

There was still folk on here this year saying McCoist was justified in signing Stevie Smith instead of him. o_O Banter years indeed.

It's remarkable to see a lad go from Queen's Park to Liverpool in a few years. And he's proven himself at each club so far. Well done to him.

Did he stand out against us in the games we played against Queens Park? I honestly can't remember.

He's a massive tim anyway, doubt he would've been interested.

Wasn't sure how he'd fare at Liverpool when they signed him but he's made a promising start.

Can't remember the countless threads on here after we played them saying sign the boy.....
There were plenty of calls to sign him and a lad up front from Queens Park after we played them. Shanklands I think?

Stevie Smith and Foster were signed as full backs though. They were great lads to be fair. And Robertsony doesn't have much of a ring to it.

never understand the thinking/reasoning behind this he wouldn't have shifted Lee wallace out of our 11 at the time

There were folk on here who rated the boy when he was at QP. But the important fact is that there was no one with any talent spotting ability within the management team

Far more suited to English football than Scottish. He wouldn't be the player he is today if he stayed north of the wall.

He did the right thing and worked his way up, not sure if he'll build on his debut for Liverpool but sure as shit he wouldn't have had the time to progress with our support. Time will tell.

Signing for rangers when he signed for Dundee United would have been better for the boy financially at the time. In hindsight Dundee United was a great career move for him. There's every chance his progression would have stalled at rangers with our situation at the time.

Fantastic player. If he'd signed for us would he be playing for Liverpool now? Doubt it. He's done the best thing for his career but we missed the boat big style.

We have missed out on lots of players over recent years but we need to develop our own first. We can keep looking back at what we have missed now its time to look forward.

He's turning into a very good player. Getting to play alongside higher quality with Liverpool will do him the world of good and likely see him improve even more. Had another good game tonight.

Agreed he stood out when we played Queens Park

Back