Andy Robertson

Barisic is better. The delivery he has, he'd be racking up assists down south for a team like that.

Robertson is a great player though.

We've definitely come full circle now. From mentalists who claimed he was a stand out v us for Queens Park to people saying he isn't very good with two Champions League Finals and an EPL winners medal.

Barisic is better. The delivery he has, he'd be racking up assists down south for a team like that.

We've definitely come full circle now. From mentalists who claimed he was a stand out v us for Queens Park to people saying he isn't very good with two Champions League Finals and an EPL winners medal.
Barisic is not better!

Tbf mate, most of the Scotland team are nowhere near his level.

Maybe so but I keep hearing how he's World Class, deserved Captain etc. and I don't see those kind of performances from him consistently for his country.

I get it's a different squad and I get it's a different formation / system but if you're truly a World Class player then it shouldn't matter, you adjust and perform accordingly.

Against Israel he was getting raped constantly by their RB in the 10000 games we played against them.

Hé is a good player but for me, he’s yet to kick a ball for the national side.
It feels like we are shoehorning him into the side based on his reputation.

Is it just me who thinks he is very average? Decent the season they won the league. Granted liverpool haven’t been great lately, but any time I’ve watched them he’s been largely quite poor.
Totally in agreement I bet Klopp is in the market for an upgrade.

He has been brilliant for Liverpool but like a lot of his team mates has struggled this season to find the levels of the past 2/3 years.

Robertson is still a cracking player. Liverpool have been decimated by injuries defensively. They’ve lost arguably the best centre back in the world to injury along with his England international partner. Not to mention even their replacements got hurt and they had to resort to playing Henderson there and signing a guy from Preston.... until even Henderson got hurt too. It’s a freak season for Liverpool and worse because they play such a unique system tactically and rely on certain players. If we lost Goldson, Helander, Balogun and Simpson, I don’t think Tav or Borna look as good either.

He’s been first class for Liverpool, but average for Scotland, I think Tierney on recent form has bern the better of the two, but Clarke will still shoehorn both of them in to his side.

He has been excellent the last couple of seasons for Liverpool but this season the whole team has looked bang average . Tierney is playing very well for the Gunners but the fact he is the Scotland captain Robertson unless injured will start at left back at the Euros . I've no doubt Clarke will find a position in the team for Tierney

Is it just me who thinks he is very average? Decent the season they won the league. Granted liverpool haven’t been great lately, but any time I’ve watched them he’s been largely quite poor.
I certainly think that a top team like Liverpool need a better left back.

He's like a lot of modern full backs, great going forward but average when it comes to actual defending. And he is one of the best attacking full backs out there - his assists over the past 3 seasons show that. Not been at his very best this season but then who at Liverpool has?

Had a shocker of a season but that’s been the whole Liverpool team tbf

Tierney has even been the better player this season

Totally in agreement I bet Klopp is in the market for an upgrade.
Just the opposite, he signed Tsimikas in the summer as cover for Robertson, injury has meant he’s barely been able to play though which means they’ve played Robertson far too much which has led to an understandable loss of form.

Last edited:

No he isn’t...he’s not nearly as quick as Robertson.

We've definitely come full circle now. From mentalists who claimed he was a stand out v us for Queens Park to people saying he isn't very good with two Champions League Finals and an EPL winners A
Alawaus amazes me that we played Queens Park 5 times in one season and our scouting staff at the time let him go to Dundee United for buttons!
Any other position and we sign him, as simple as that. Lee Wallace was our captain, played left back and had nailed his colours to the mast when he could’ve went elsewhere. In hindsight, we could’ve let him go and took a chance o
Left back was the last position we were looking to recruit for at that time. The other 10 places were up for grabs!

Liverpool are missing so many important players which also takes out great players in great positions to cover for them.

They will add to their squad this summer and when VD is back you will see a different team.

Jota is a sensational player as well.

Certainly not good enough to run his mouth like he has in the past, although I noticed he's stepped back from that side of it.

Alawaus amazes me that we played Queens Park 5 times in one season and our scouting staff at the time let him go to Dundee United for buttons!

Lee Wallace played left back at that time. Robertson didn't stand out against us and he wouldn't have signed for us anyway.

We also had no real scouting department of note due to be raped by spivs and were operating under a transfer embargo for the transfer windows prior to him moving there.

He isn’t half the player he thinks he is but to say he’s average is just wrong, very good player but Tierney should start ahead of him

He’s been very good at Liverpool (up until this season) but I’ve always felt he has been overrated.

Great engine on him but he has been very fortunate he’s had someone of the quality of Van Dijk playing as the left CB to bail him out.

Back