Another 5m Rangers shares issued today

Am I right in saying the shares issued a couple weeks back were linked to Wolhardt increasing his stake? I’m sure I’d read that on here but I wasn’t sure if that had been confirmed.

Would I be right in thinking that selling shares brings in cash to help balance the books and finance our team, but that it dilutes the share price? However since the investment in Rangers is an emotional investment no one really cares about the share price so long as the team are doing it on the park. That’s the way I see my small shareholding. The return for investors like this is a share and a say in the club and maybe over the much longer term, a long shot gamble of the possibility of an increase in the share price. Just wondering if this is how it is for us?

Great news with new money, just wish the club would give out more details on these things.
If the person buying the shares owns more than 3% of the equity it is disclosed on the club website within days of the issue.
If the £1m is due to converting loans to equity from a smaller or new shareholder it will be disclosed in the annual accounts which will be issued in the next few days.

First off, I have no knowledge of corporate finance at all, however, my naturally inquisitive nature means that I want to know more about these regular share issues. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

How sustainable is it to keep issuing more shares? How much of this is purely down to Covid and the associated losses and additional costs? Does this have an effect on FFP etc? Maybe these questions have been answered previously and I missed it.

I'm not casting aspertions towards the board at all, but a quick statement or some questions at the AGM would clear up any nagging doubts.

Again, if anyone on here has any expert knowledge I'm sure we'd welcome some clarity.

First off, I have no knowledge of corporate finance at all, however, my naturally inquisitive nature means that I want to know more about these regular share issues. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

How sustainable is it to keep issuing more shares? How much of this is purely down to Covid and the associated losses and additional costs? Does this have an effect on FFP etc? Maybe these questions have been answered previously and I missed it.

I'm not casting aspertions towards the board at all, but a quick statement or some questions at the AGM would clear up any nagging doubts.

Again, if anyone on here has any expert knowledge I'm sure we'd welcome some clarity.
Phil the expert care provider is your man.

The ciillit bang guy,
giphy.gif

Third share issue since early October I think. First for circa £8m, second, a month later, for circa £4m and now this one for circa £1m. A few investors digging very deep to help our Club.
It's really incredible news that in the middle of a world wide pandemic we have managed to secure over £13m in fresh cash. We'll done and a huge thank you to the investors.

Ask questions? All the info is in the public domain for anyone who understand to read it. You have no reason to think it’s a bad thing that someone has invested. Of course it’s easy to mock them. They are insane.
Did you miss my previous post?

Has someone invested? Is it a new investor or is it the current board putting more money in?

I'm not criticising, just looking for assurances that the regular issuing of more shares is all part of a plan....contingency or otherwise.

Edit to add***

The yahoo accountants insanity has never ever been in question.

In terms of sustainability, that depends on the depth of the investors pockets to purchase them. However, my thought process is that this is the Directors supporting the spending decisions that they have taken, ensuring that funding is available to meet the costs as and when necessary. The Directors know better than anyone, even Phil Three Names, what the trading and cash position is and are matching their spending plans with cash. I see this as nothing but positive.

I know very little about FFP but my understanding is that this is Profit & Loss driven and Share issues are a Balance Sheet item so my guess would be that there is no correlation. The share holdings of major investors are recorded in the notes to the accounts.

Does this have an effect on FFP etc?
FFP rules will be amended soon to take account of the fact that covid has meant shareholders ploughing money into clubs.

Would it be fair to punish clubs for putting money into the club when their income streams have been decimated by circumstances out of their control?

This what makes this whole transition from where we were in 2012 to now slightly hard to take

Yes I appreciate king and 3 bears for what they have done.

What should not be taken for granted is the tens of millions put into the club by every fan. What do we have in return? Yes the team is back but not one share of the club.

The club should be giving the fans a share of the club also for saving it not just the cillet bang man for making a profit and that’s what they are doing. The assets the club now have are what is attracting investors and that’s what they are. They are putting money into the club as an investment and a good one at that.

What do the ordinary fans get ? A football team on the park ? Maybe it’s time the fans should have a stake also in the club..

This what makes this whole transition from where we were in 2012 to now slightly hard to take

Yes I appreciate king and 3 bears for what they have done.

What should not be taken for granted is the tens of millions put into the club by every fan. What do we have in return? Yes the team is back but not one share of the club.

The club should be giving the fans a share of the club also for saving it not just the cillet bang man for making a profit and that’s what they are doing. The assets the club now have are what is attracting investors and that’s what they are. They are putting money into the club as an investment and a good one at that.

What do the ordinary fans get ? A football team on the park ? Maybe it’s time the fans should have a stake also in the club..
No team playing in Scotland is a good investment, these guys are putting money in because they are fans of the club.

If we are such an attractive investment opportunity then why is there not a big queue of people wanting to invest....

If you want fan ownership then join c1872

No team playing in Scotland is a good investment, these guys are putting money in because they are fans of the club.

If we are such an attractive investment opportunity then why is there not a big queue of people wanting to invest....

If you want fan ownership then join c1872
I have c1872 membership.

That’s not the point. The point is these people are investing in the club which is brilliant as it’s plugging short term hole in finances and getting shares in club.

We as fans have invested substantially more and get nothing apart from the team on the park being more successful.

I have c1872 membership.

That’s not the point. The point is these people are investing in the club which is brilliant as it’s plugging short term hole in finances and getting shares in club.

We as fans have invested substantially more and get nothing apart from the team on the park being more successful.

For me thats enough. As long as the money men have the clubs best interests at heart (I truly believe our board now do) then success on the pitch will be my reward as a fan.

For me thats enough. As long as the money men have the clubs best interests at heart (I truly believe our board now do) then success on the pitch will be my reward as a fan.
DB I agree to a certain extent but someone has put in approximately £5m and has a share of our club, a share of the ground, Murray park and the playing staff, etc. Since 2012 we must have put in a best part of half a billion and have no share at all.

I have c1872 membership.

Is that not the point of a football team?

The Financial Fair Play regulations have been effectively been abandoned for 12 months by UEFA, and with the current Covid crisis ongoing I think they will extend them for another 12 months at least.

Back