Another Bear Gone today - Onetoofree

zorro

We lost the poster Onetoofree this morning.
OTF had been battling MS for almost 30 years which had left him quadraplegc and although the last few years had been very tough he continued to fight as long as he could. He will be be keenly missed by all of his family, his wife who nursed him in a manner that left me awestruck his children, Mrs Z, his son and his 6 grandkids. He was incredibly proud of the 6 of them but I think even his grandsons would agree that when his two granddaughters appeared in his room his face lit up by about a million watts.

His last game was the Hibs 7 0 game in December 95 so that was a memory that he always treasured.

For me there have been loads of memories that I will have of him but my favourite football related is from our 54 title win when Killie scored there goal, I let out a curse and uttered words along the lines of not to give Killie hope and not to blow it. He turned his head and had a look of bemusement, I think wondering if his daughter had indeed married an idiot.

The final words I'll leave to his son when he texted me this morning "All sons think their Dad's are heroes, but mine was a warrior"

You were indeed a warrior Duncan, and so much more.
You will be missed.

We lost the poster Onetoofree this morning.
OTF had been battling MS for almost 30 years which had left him quadraplegc and although the last few years had been very tough he continued to fight as long as he could. He will be be keenly missed by all of his family, his wife who nursed him in a manner that left me awestruck his children, Mrs Z, his son and his 6 grandkids. He was incredibly proud of the 6 of them but I think even his grandsons would agree that when his two granddaughters appeared in his room his face lit up by about a million watts.

His last game was the Hibs 7 0 game in December 95 so that was a memory that he always treasured.

For me there have been loads of memories that I will have of him but my favourite football related is from our 54 title win when Killie scored there goal, I let out a curse and uttered words along the lines of not to give Killie hope and not to blow it. He turned his head and had a look of bemusement, I think wondering if his daughter had indeed married an idiot.

The final words I'll leave to his son when he texted me this morning "All sons think their Dad's are heroes, but mine was a warrior"

You were indeed a warrior Duncan, and so much more.
You will be missed.
Lovely words, I’m sorry to hear about your loss

Sorry for your loss zorro, that’s a truly fantastic post I am sure Duncan would have been proud of your kind words.
RIP Duncan and condolences to the family.

What a courageous warrior Duncan was. My thoughts are with you all and remember all the happy times with him. RIP Duncan and soar among the stars

Back