Another Bear gone

thehammerlegend

My grandfather passed today, he was one of the reasons I’ve grown up supporting this great club. He was born and bred in govan and attended govan primary school just across from the stadium. He was a hard man and worked in the shipbuilders and at sea all his life, along with playing junior Football to the age of 44. RIP granda vic gbnf

My grandfather passed today, he was one of the reasons I’ve grown up supporting this great club. He was born and bred in govan and attended govan primary school just across from the stadium. He was a hard man and worked in the shipbuilders and at sea all his life, along with playing junior Football to the age of 44. RIP granda vic gbnf
RIP, Sir.

If you don't mind me asking, what age was your Grandad, mate?

My Da was Govan born and bred, also went to Govan primary and played for both Yeovil Town and Weymouth when he was stationed down the south coast for his national service.
Played for the Bens and Pollok when he came back up the road(after knocking back Southampton).

He would be 86 if he was still living. Maybe knew your Grandad?

RIP, Sir.

If you don't mind me asking, what age was your Grandad, mate?

My Da was Govan born and bred, also went to Govan primary and played for both Yeovil Town and Weymouth when he was stationed down the south coast for his national service.
Played for the Bens and Pollok when he came back up the road(after knocking back Southampton).

He would be 86 if he was still living. Maybe knew your Grandad?

He was 89 mate, his name was Victor Conway

Wee bit older than my Da. Must have been in the same school at the same time though.
I've never known the pain of losing a Grandparent, the last of my four died when I was only six.

Sorry for your loss, mate. It must be hard.

I imagine they would have known of each especially both playing football. As I said he was a hard hard man and very quiet and unreserved but he loved the rangers and it was probably the only 1 thing we really had in common was our total love for the club.

Deepest condolence's

Our grandparents are a big influence in our life’s
Unfortunately we don’t realise that
Until they sadly pass away

My condolences to you and all your family it will get better through time
As I’ve lost my both parents and it really killed me but it does get easier to deal with

Keep head up x

Back