Another calamitous goal conceded

GodStruth

Every goal we concede domestically at the moment (and there are plenty to choose from) seems to be the result of absolute comedy defending.

Tonight, Tav unnecessarily plays a short pass back to Goldson who, with two opponents near him, tries a drag back which ends in disaster

Saturday - Aribo Tav and McGregor conspire to give a Hearts player a tap in.

The list goes on.

Thr players ard culpable, but its a pattern - they are clearly coached to try and be cute in turning defence into attack - keep the ball moving around and 'transition'. I'm sure about 80% of our goals conceded are caused in this way.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer my defenders, in the main, to stop the opposition from getting chances to score

Another coaching failure

Every game is the same now.

The opposition creates next to nothing. We make a horrendous mistake and they pounce on it.

The same teams never make these mistakes against us and we have chance after chance but can’t score.

It feels like we are cursed...but we seriously don’t help ourselves. You have to drop Tav and Goldson after that, they never learn!

If you're struggling to score against a diddy team you are always going to be in trouble if your defence is intent on playing glorified fives in their own penalty box

We only lose god awful goals and tonight's was possibly the worst of the lot. Very rarely do you find yourself thinking "nothing we could've done there". It's more " I cannot believe that". Teams don't have to work hard for their goal / goals.

The opposition creates next to nothing. We make a horrendous mistake and they pounce on it.

The same teams never make these mistakes against us and we have chance after chance but can’t score.

It feels like we are cursed...but we seriously don’t help ourselves. You have to drop Tav and Goldson after that, they never learn!

Spot on mate , I said similar on another thread, if we're not cursed we're certainly very unlucky !

Goldson will get blame for the goal (and should 100% take some of it) but that is Tavs fault.

He has a chance to simply put his foot through the ball and clear the lines. He doesn’t. He either leaves it or passes it, not sure which as I haven’t seen it again and then Goldson does what he does

We give away the softest goals imaginable due to absolute comedy defending.

Our opponents don’t even need to try and create anything due to how bad our defending is. All they need to do is try and get the ball into our third a couple of times a game and there is a good chance we will gift them something.

Gerrards golden boys Tavernier and Goldson are the main culprits every week. Gerrards tenure is absolutely littered with games drawn and lost due to errors by these two clowns.

Last minute in old firm games, last minute in euro games, you name it.

The both of them are a bombscare and need hunted.

Last edited:
The problem lies with the fact that Tavernier and Goldson think they are rockstars. They think they are better than they actually are so, when it doesn’t run for them they lack the ability to deal with the ball.

How many times have we seen them sell the jerseys when a simple boot out the park would have been the safe option.

This cancer sweeps through the team and bang average championship players think they are Virgil van Dijk. They both especially need a boot in the baws, going out of the SC to a shit Hearts team should have been a real reality check for them but arrogance, ignorance or something else has left us exposed, humiliated and punished.

'had it with Tav and Goldson. They will never win us anything and show zero leadership.

See all those notebooks and clip-boards you see coaching staff scribbling in and pointing to during games...

wouldn't it be great if one of the notes read, "If in DOUBT, put it OUT!!!"

(And show it to Connor Goldson to remind him of something he should have learned irrevocably at Primary school.)

The ball broke off Davis and Tav whilst close to the ball it squirms past him

Goldson tries a drag back and phucks it up

All he has to do was clear the ball

This was just after Hamilton had hit the bar was no time to try and be clever in the box

No mention of the Croatian imposter's lack of effort in tackling the Hamilton player,allows him to run rings round him and cross it?
Stop the cross and the calamitous mistakes in the middle don't happen. The goal was Goldson's error but McGregor targeted Barasic once he had finished telling Goldson he was an idiot.

Goldson will get blame for the goal (and should 100% take some of it) but that is Tavs fault.

He has a chance to simply put his foot through the ball and clear the lines. He doesn’t. He either leaves it or passes it, not sure which as I haven’t seen it again and then Goldson does what he does
Tavernier left it for him and Goldson tried to be a smartarse. Down to Goldson 100%. The way Tav was facing when the ball headed his way it would probably have hit the Hamilton player. Goldson had the chance to go right through the ball. Thinks he's a player, but he's obviously not.

Totally agree mate.
But try telling that to Mcgregor who was going ballistic with Borna and seemed to completely ignore Goldson’S involvement.
Did you miss McGregor jumping about screaming at Goldson whem he was still on the deck? Once he McGregor had finished with Goldson he moved onto Borna.

It's time for us to stop trying to playing at the back we are our own worst enemies.

That's 2 great lay offs for goals by our CB's.

Goldson should be dropped can't defend and useless at set plays.

How many goals this year that we have conceded have been individual errors, I’d say over 50% and that’s astounding.

Every goal we concede domestically at the moment (and there are plenty to choose from) seems to be the result of absolute comedy defending.

Tonight, Tav unnecessarily plays a short pass back to Goldson who, with two opponents near him, tries a drag back which ends in disaster

Saturday - Aribo Tav and McGregor conspire to give a Hearts player a tap in.

The list goes on.

Thr players ard culpable, but its a pattern - they are clearly coached to try and be cute in turning defence into attack - keep the ball moving around and 'transition'. I'm sure about 80% of our goals conceded are caused in this way.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer my defenders, in the main, to stop the opposition from getting chances to score

Another coaching failure
Its beyond ridiculous from professionals who are currently struggling for form and confidence and who, let's be honest, have been all over the shop domestically.

Just fucking defend and get rid and ask questions later...is it so fucking difficult?

Tav didn't play a short pass to him. He left it altogether. Tav was in control of situation and left it to his centre back to deal with, with a player beckoning down on him.

Now, Goldson made a rip roaring lady's front bottom of it. Don't for a second take that as me defending him. However, the situation simply doesn't happen if our captain takes responsibility and collects ball.

I wish somebody would just tell Goldson he's not a midfielder or a silky skiller

just get rid of the ball, that's your job, you are defending a goal. If it goes into the stand, that's away from our goal so some who might want defenders to play out of trouble might whinge, the majority will be happy to see a defender doing their job

Back