Another COVID FC Player Tests Positive For COVID-19

Just a rumour of that big FUD Duffy...think it was mentioned in the Clyde 1 thread...someone on twitter called Martin Stirling had came up with that one..hope that ain't true though B-)
I hope it is him, because they SHOULD get hammered for putting Livi and Hibs at risk.
But also, don't want him to miss any games.

Mixed feelings.

Yeah gavin strachan came out and said at one of his press conferences that some players would be due back on Sunday with others due back on Monday.

Personally, I don’t see how that is the case, I’d have thought they’d all be due to isolate for 10 days from the positive test (Friday 8th), as most likely identified as close contacts due to the flight/bus journeys. Seems strange to me.

He lives in Edinburgh but Kilsyth isn't far from Lennoxtown, so it would suggest he was heading there.

Does he not stay in Bothwell now? Sure during the last Scotland campaign his neighbours house got firebombed or something & his mrs had to leave the house.

Yeah gavin strachan came out and said at one of his press conferences that some players would be due back on Sunday with others due back on Monday.

Personally, I don’t see how that is the case, I’d have thought they’d all be due to isolate for 10 days from the positive test (Friday 8th), as most likely identified as close contacts due to the flight/bus journeys. Seems strange to me.
Track and Trace looks at the 48 hours before symptoms/positive test I think. Playing Devil'sAdvocate, Jullien could have been sat with a player at dinner or on PlayStation or whatever on the day before they came back but been nowhere near him on the bus/plane on the way back. That would see said player's isolation end earlier than those on the plane who sat near Jullien.

On Friday the 8th after Landing in the UK. They were tested.

Likely they knew the next day they had a positive test despite a Sunday release.

Track and trace goes back 48hrs before test

So if Griffiths was spotted on Sunday and did not break protocols, then all this means he was in Contact (close) with Julien on the Wednesday.

They’d sack him then. He’s in Lennon territory as almost unemployable now.

If Call Kay on Radio Scotland this morning (rarely listen to that) is anything to go by he won’t be sacked. A rearguard defence mounted by his chums in the BBC. Mainly Celtic fans phoning in, usual paranoid callers with persecution agenda and culminating broadly in a view that suspending elite sports was the decent thing to do rather than pursue those who fail to follow protocol. It was so blatant.

Heard a rumour of Bain
Not according to Timmy yesterday....

@bannockburnbhoy - it won't be any of the players photographed coming into training this morning. So it won't be Brown, Eddie, Christie, Barkas, Bain, Ajeti, Moi, Ajer or Elhamed, which leaves 4 players.

I'm hoping it's Griffiths.

They can bolt the doors and turn off the disco lights if it turns out to be him.

sorry, just said in another thread.

Celtic fans reckon its Griffiths, Add this to a member on here who says there is photographic evidence of him not obeying lockdown.

This could get really messy. 10 times dubaigate
Like I said on another thread. Seen Kennedy out walking his dog during isolation. Rules don't apply to they bheasts.

If he was back at Lennoxtown on Sunday then presumably it would have been for a training session with at least some of the other players who had come out of isolation. If that actually happened then the tracers would then need to go over who was there and the range of contact between them. This could end up with some of the guys who were isolating having to do so once more.

Not thumb - he was photographed at training today. So that leaves Ntcham, edouard or Klimala.
Klimala was pictured at training - albeit yesterday so doesn't rule him out conclusively. Looking like Edouard or Ntcham, aka the French connection. Given Edouard has had it before Ntcham looks the more likely. Wouldn't have played anyway.

Last edited:
Klimala was pictured at training - albeit yesterday so doesn't rule him out conclusively. Looking like Edouard or Ntcham, aka the French connection. Given Edouard has had it before Ntcham looks the more likely. Wouldn't have played anyway. Though puzzling there's no photos of Edouard.
You can catch covid more than once so rule nothing out

If Call Kay on Radio Scotland this morning (rarely listen to that) is anything to go by he won’t be sacked. A rearguard defence mounted by his chums in the BBC. Mainly Celtic fans phoning in, usual paranoid callers with persecution agenda and culminating broadly in a view that suspending elite sports was the decent thing to do rather than pursue those who fail to follow protocol. It was so blatant.
Barry Ferguson the same on Go Radio. Sticking up for “Lenny” coming out fighting.

Pretty sure everyone at training would have tested negative before re-entering their bubble.
I wonder at what point do they enter the bubble though? Evident from Lemons meltdown yesterday that they'd all had Lateral Flow Tests and were negative. It was only later, in the middle of their Media Conference, that the results of the 'real' tests came back and they'd had another failure.

I wonder at what point do they enter the bubble though? Evident from Lemons meltdown yesterday that they'd all had Lateral Flow Tests and were negative. It was only later, in the middle of their Media Conference, that the results of the 'real' tests came back and they'd had another failure.
Yeah I see your point.

So, if it was only Monday that the test came back negative, then it must have been an 'at training' test rather than a 'return to bubble' test.

How many players did the infected Juan come into contact with, and how many players did these players come into contact with, and so on?

Back