Another first half shocker

YOGI_GER

Think I’ll start watching us from HT because I’ve actually lost count now on the amount of games we have not just been poor in a first half but I mean utterly abysmal.

Phil could only deal with the players he had last night and TBH I never had much complaint on the line up. But then we get going and we’re not even doing the basics right, especially in defence.

I’ve always said Clement seems to be a very good “in game” coach who can read the way the game is going and change it to adapt. I think with better players that will improve

If only we played a lot of the first halves like we did the second then we would be lifting this title

Think I’ll start watching us from HT because I’ve actually lost count now on the amount of games we have not just been poor in a first half but I mean utterly abysmal.

Phil could only deal with the players he had last night and TBH I never had much complaint on the line up. But then we get going and we’re not even doing the basics right, especially in defence.

I’ve always said Clement seems to be a very good “in game” coach who can read the way the game is going and change it to adapt. I think with better players that will improve

If only we played a lot of the first halves like we did the second then we would be lifting this title
Aye, have you missed every game against the tims when even Stevie Wonder could see what was happening?

Perfect example

For some reason he cannot get this starting line up and tactics correct and we need to make changes to adapt to the game
That's why alarm bells are ringing for many, cup final a huge game for him, will he learn from the previous games against them, let's hope so.

To be fair I thought we started not too badly and if mccausland hadn’t missed that sitter at 0-0 the first half may well have been different. The two goals conceded were shambolic. Mccausland didn’t bother his backside to close down the first cross and the second goal everybody just switched off

Happy enough with the eventual 5-2 win but the first half was shameful, apart from McCausland's efforts for his goal. A disgraceful reaction to Saturday to be honest. Some great play in the second half but it done nothing to take away my disappointment of the last couple of months.

It's hard to believe the difference from the first half to the second but we've seen it that many times this season that it is fully believable now. Clement has some task on his hands trying to clear the debris out of this squad and replacing it with winners.

Perfect example

For some reason he cannot get this starting line up and tactics correct and we need to make changes to adapt to the game
Starting line ups and tactics don't account for individual basic errors and players looking like they don't care though

To be fair I thought we started not too badly and if mccausland hadn’t missed that sitter at 0-0 the first half may well have been different. The two goals conceded were shambolic. Mccausland didn’t bother his backside to close down the first cross and the second goal everybody just switched off

I kinda agree to a certain extent but was expecting so much more.

When we went 2 down I was lost for words TBH, we looked so shambolic.

We seem to play a waiting game of “how are they coming at us today” before we try and do tactics for ourselves

Starting line ups and tactics don't account for individual basic errors and players looking like they don't care though
Exactly.

The running theme when we were going through the purple patch after his appointment and following the winter break, was disbelief at just how Clement was getting a tune out of these players.

Now we are getting a reminder of how limited our options are throughout the squad, compounded by the injuries to key players who were actually performing and people are blaming the manager!

Blame lies squarely with the players for me. I can’t wait to see how we line up next season and fully expect us to make a flying start to the new season.

I actually can't remember the last time we consistently started well.
Maybe the first few months of Warburton? It's something we have struggled with for a while and this time I don't think it's the manager.

We also don’t perform in a season until Celtic collapse, then when Celtic get back on track the pressure gets to us. The players were all smiles and high fives in second half and nothing wrong with that, first half none of them looked like they wanted to be there

Gutted to be honest. Took the wee man to the game for his third time last night. He suffers from anxiety so have been selective before now but a friend gave us tickets next to the dugout so the chance to see players up close seemed worth taking.

Ended up leaving at HT because the atmosphere was so tetchy when it went to 0-2 that he was getting in a panic and wanted to go home. Couldn’t convince him to stay so missed the second half.

Fcking had a feeling as well.

Got his photo with Danilo and Cortes pre-game which is about the only silver lining.

I kinda agree to a certain extent but was expecting so much more.

When we went 2 down I was lost for words TBH, we looked so shambolic.

We seem to play a waiting game of “how are they coming at us today” before we try and do tactics for ourselves

Yogi I thinks that’s wrong, the difference in the 2nd half after a bollocking was the players played the same tactics but just worked a lot harder off the ball and were a lot more aggressive. Perhaps the biggest change also was when Dessers came off the frontline came alive with energy and movement.

Back