Another incorrect Record story

Rangers should be making statements on Twitter to rebut these stories to make the DR look even more ridiculous. It’s good to have fan media inform us of falsehoods but the wider Scottish football public won’t be privy to the rebuttals.

They shouldnt waste their time tbh. They would need to rebut every story, so the minute they dont the DR know it to be true.

There are times they should when it is serious, but not over this, we (the fans) can laugh at them and know they talk shite.

They shouldnt waste their time tbh. They would need to rebut every story, so the minute they dont the DR know it to be true.

There are times they should when it is serious, but not over this, we (the fans) can laugh at them and know they talk shite.

I get that but it just gives open season for pundits and fans of other clubs to proclaim that Rangers got knocked back. Irks me. A brief statement putting them in their place publicly discredits the organisation and the journalist in question.

So we’re not trying to employ his long term number 2? Seems a weird decision if so. More likely we and he wanted to and it’s not proving possible and now the club are spinning the ‘were never interested’ line IMO.

Wonder if it ties in with the story Andy Devlin has just posted about Neil McCann potentially joining.

Yea this thread ain't too clear which part ain't correct
The Van Gastel part. @David Edgar has quoted a post further up saying fan media indicated we were going for him and the club have refuted that today. Personally don’t believe we weren’t trying for him but it’s obviously just proven impossible and now the club are saying we weren’t interested.

Reactions: CF4
The Van Gastel part. @David Edgar has quoted a post further up saying fan media indicated we were going for him and the club have refuted that today. Personally don’t believe we weren’t trying for him but it’s obviously just proven impossible and now the club are saying we weren’t interested.
Yea odd that he wouldn't want his usual assistant or to never be in clubs thinking.

Looks like Makaay will be a first team coach. Then Phillips is coming as a Physio, a guy who’s name I can’t remember as a video analyst and TBC as assistant following this news (was widely thought it would be Van Gastel).
I'd assumed Van Gastel, like everyone else I guess, I wonder who his assistant will be. I hope the new coaching team place as much of importance in fitness as Gerrard's did, this is one thing that gives us a huge advantage over everyone else in Scotland.

Focused Gio van Bronckhorst touched down at Rangers and immediately started work on adding a No. 2 and Scottish influence to his coaching team.

The new manager, who flew into Scotland on Friday morning, will watch Sunday's Premier Sports Cup semi-final with Hibs from the Hampden stands.

Van Bronckhorst is working on his assistant and another Scottish first-team coach.

He and the club are in talks with a candidate but it won’t be his long-term No. 2 John Paul van Gastel, who is set to remain at Guangzhou.

A report earlier this week linked former Feyenoord coach and Arsenal striker Robin van Persie with a move to Rangers.

Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson and the Ibrox board are keen to have another coach with experience of Rangers or the British game and van Bronckhorst is currently considering his options.

The likes of former captain B arry Ferguson and Kevin Thomson have been linked with a possible position but both have been dismissed so far, while former Dundee boss Neil McCann is another name that has been mentioned.

Rangers remain in talks to finalise deals to bring in Roy Makaay as a striking coach/analyst, Arno Phillips as performance coach and Tori Bosschart as a video analyst.

Deals for those three are likely to be concluded over the weekend to allow them to join van Bronckhorst when he starts at Ibrox.

The club hope his work permit will be in place for next week.

Current Rangers goalkeeping coach Colin Stewart will also remain in position.

Van Bronckhorst wanted to bring in long-term assistant van Gastel but that is no longer a live option.

He is out of contract with Guangzhou at the end of the year and his Chinese employers have made it clear they want him to remain.

There has also been talk of van Gastel getting an extension due, especially with the current travel restrictions in entering China.

If you look at Andy Devlin’s piece on McCann, it also talks about Van Gistel coming in. Noise was coming in from agents that this was the case, club have said it isn’t.

That’s the situation as it stands though the ‘whys’ of it all are still up for debate.

That’ll be cleared up at GVB’s unveiling hopefully.

I love the fact that this mob are getting their arses handed to them, in real time.

If you look at Andy Devlin’s piece on McCann, it also talks about Van Gistel coming in. Noise was coming in from agents that this was the case, club have said it isn’t.

That’s the situation as it stands though the ‘whys’ of it all are still up for debate.

Do you know when the unveiling will happen? Tomorrow or Monday?

Because it’s an absolute pain in the arse of a site to cut and paste from on your phone.
If browsing on an iPhone it's easy to do if you set your browser to reader mode once the
page is loaded, can just copy the text then

Gio van Bronckhorst faces Rangers rethink as Scottish coach on radar​

Scott Burns
Focused Gio van Bronckhorst touched down at Rangers and immediately started work on adding a No. 2 and Scottish influence to his coaching team.
The new manager, who flew into Scotland on Friday morning, will watch Sunday's Premier Sports Cup semi-final with Hibs from the Hampden stands.
Van Bronckhorst is working on his assistant and another Scottish first-team coach.
He and the club are in talks with a candidate but it won’t be his long-term No. 2 John Paul van Gastel, who is set to remain at Guangzhou.
A report earlier this week linked former Feyenoord coach and Arsenal striker Robin van Persie with a move to Rangers.
Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson and the Ibrox board are keen to have another coach with experience of Rangers or the British game and van Bronckhorst is currently considering his options.

The likes of former captain B arry Ferguson and Kevin Thomson have been linked with a possible position but both have been dismissed so far, while former Dundee boss Neil McCann is another name that has been mentioned.
Rangers remain in talks to finalise deals to bring in Roy Makaay as a striking coach/analyst, Arno Phillips as performance coach and Tori Bosschart as a video analyst.
Deals for those three are likely to be concluded over the weekend to allow them to join van Bronckhorst when he starts at Ibrox.
The club hope his work permit will be in place for next week.
Current Rangers goalkeeping coach Colin Stewart will also remain in position.
Van Bronckhorst wanted to bring in long-term assistant van Gastel but that is no longer a live option.
He is out of contract with Guangzhou at the end of the year and his Chinese employers have made it clear they want him to remain.
There has also been talk of van Gastel getting an extension due, especially with the current travel restrictions in entering China.

As I’ve said above, seems pretty clear to me that Van Gastel was the plan and it’s not possible due to the Chinese side and/or Van Gastel. I’m sure Gio would have a plan for what he wanted to do if Van Gastel wasn’t happening and that’ll be the route the club and he are now going down. Makes sense for the club to now deny the links to him to ‘save face’ as such, especially when they’ve not come out and said he was the guy for the job.

Back