Another Ref Watch, Another Honest Mistake

The argument will be Dessers goes to ground easily, but it's not a reasonable argument because even if he stands up and doesn't move it's still technically a foul. Just another shocker.
Maybe he went to ground because when he didn't go to ground after an obvious shirt pull last midweek, he got nothing then either. Seems it makes no difference!

The argument will be Dessers goes to ground easily, but it's not a reasonable argument because even if he stands up and doesn't move it's still technically a foul. Just another shocker.
Just like Cantwell goes down to easily according to the press. He's since spent the season being kicked up and down the park and getting no protection

Dessers will be the media's next bogeyman unless we sign a proven goalscorer

For all those people who want rid of VAR, have we had a penalty awarded in the last couple of seasons where VAR hasn't had to get the Ref to review it before it's actually been awarded?

I honestly can't think of one.

A whole season of blatant corruption against the club and zero exposure on it from our scummy Scottish Press.
One decision went against the scum at Tynecastle and there was a pile on against John Beaton on VAR despite him being correct in flagging up the red card offense.

Wonder if Clement still feels there is no agenda against Rangers in Scotland?

you can call it already for the Cup Final.

Our sending off will be judged to be harsh.

The penalty we don't get awarded should have been and their penalty awarded shouldn't have been.

This is another example of the game being refereed by two separate sources.

If the incident was reviewed by VAR they see that it’s a potential penalty and red card. They should then refer it to the ref for review and he makes the decision.

The VAR operator should in no way have the authority to decide the incident has no merit in his opinion. This is dual refereeing.

Thing is though what you're saying should happen can't happen because that's re-refereeing the game. Dickinson can only tell him to go review the incident if it doesn't match up with what Robertson has told him he saw happen. It's incidents like that the audio would clear up so much of the confusion around why decisions like that aren't given or sent to review.

For me it is a penalty but don't think they've gave many for shirt pulls in recent times.

Game changing decisions against us seem to happen every week and there's never any outcry about it. Such is the environment they have created with their years of victimhood narrative
Who will be genuinely surprised to see at least one similar big call against us in the Cup Final
They know they can foul repeatedly with impunity whereas one foul by a Rangers player is at least a yellow. Likewise they will get a penalty or we will have one wrongly turned down
It's an absolute certainty and the club really needs to consider whether their current course of action is helping the situation or not
It's not difficult to compile a video of ridiculous decisions and highlight what's happening. But when the guy who clearly cheated with plug's handball at the Piggery decision is then promoted to head of referees then what chance have you got? Just think about that for a minute. The guy was clearly and incontrovertibly shown to be a cheat and the SFA has decided that's the guy they want to be head of referees.
You would struggle to find a clearer demonstration of just how corrupt the game is in Scotland

I don't get why the club would decide to "take it" when they know it's costing them millions?

do they like losing money? think somebody should ask them
Clement in particular seems to think there is no issue from what i have heard from his interview.

My take is the club feels the same or they would be doing something about it

I've got no fkn clue how to do it, but would be good if a technically savvy fan could make a compilation video of all the times ref watch has highlighted a mistake against us.

Refs must have their leanings one way or another and we're definitely the most hated club in the country.

Couple the fact that the VAR review highlighted us as the most 'wronged' team and three times recently refs have consulted the monitor on request and stuck with the on-field decision (admittedly rightfully in the Killie game) its clear the club need to become more active on calling it out or it just becomes the norm.

A decision goes against us and they just shrug their shoulders. A decision goes very occasionally against the vermin and the refs apologise, there’s an outcry in the media and Brenda calls out the var officials. It’s no wonder we suffer so much, our board and management just take it meekly and say nothing. It’s utterly infuriating. Only the rangers fans seem to care enough to speak out. Utterly sick of it all.

Who was the other guy do you know? A Rangers hater no doubt?.
Looks like sfa site disallows looking back to get that info but you get if for games to come at a certain point before the game and then the must choose to close it off to the public so sorry can’t find it fergie

Quite incredible that a referee and then VAR team will look at that and say no foul.
Beyond the whistle podcast said you can't blame Robertson as he didn't have a proper view of it but questions need to be asked why VAR didn't refer him to the screen

Thing is though what you're saying should happen can't happen because that's re-refereeing the game. Dickinson can only tell him to go review the incident if it doesn't match up with what Robertson has told him he saw happen. It's incidents like that the audio would clear up so much of the confusion around why decisions like that aren't given or sent to review.

For me it is a penalty but don't think they've gave many for shirt pulls in recent times.
I think you have misunderstood the post.

So the invented rule about not being anywhere near the ball or likely to get to it doesn’t come into play then well I’ll be,we should be highlighting these fouls especially prior to the Cup Final I don’t know how many times our players are bundled of the ball and shirts pulled in the box especially Dessers,but we won’t.

There is simply no excuse for grabbing an opponents jersey. It should be a foul every single instance.

The object of the game is to play the ball! Players don't run around with the ball tucked up their shirt!

And for those of you who want rid of VAR, we would be even worse off without it!

Last edited:
Clement in particular seems to think there is no issue from what i have heard from his interview.

My take is the club feels the same or they would be doing something about it
He's trying to walk a very fine line on this. He clearly knows VAR is useful (the penalty stats alone will say that) but he's got to watch what he says, or it further alienates the refs and potentially opens him up to a disrepute charge. That's why on Saturday he clearly states he is in favour of VAR but also uses the opportunity to turn the question to the press and ask them if they thought it was a penalty (which they do). Probably the only way he can handle it given he won't get the protection another manager does.

Oh ok i think if the same incident happens and one our centre backs has a hold of a tim next week its a penalty and maybe a red card. What about you ?

There is simply no excuse for grabbing an opponents jersey. It should be a foul every single instance.

The object of the game is to play the ball! Players don't run around with the ball tucked up their shirt!

And for those of you who want rid of VAR, we would be even worse off without it!
In totally agreement a yellow card regardless where and when the offence is committed,this crap about getting away with a shirt pull if the incident is played on.

Officials are just ripping the piss out of us now. They know fúcking us over and helping the filth means they have an easy life.

An abundance of stonewall penalties denied. 80% of the ones we do get having to go to VAR due to how terrified they are to give us a pen in real time. 4 penalties conceded, 3 of which were wrong according to IRPs.

We could be here all day as the list is endless in terms of us being fúcked over by officials this season. Both with incorrect decisions against us and for the filth.

We know they are "at it". They know they are "at it" but our club seems to be the only ones who see no issues with the refs and VAR.
Apart from the time we demanded to hear the audio from VAR and called out the referees on a few occasions, naming one to our detriment.

Officials are just ripping the piss out of us now. They know fúcking us over and helping the filth means they have an easy life.

An abundance of stonewall penalties denied. 80% of the ones we do get having to go to VAR due to how terrified they are to give us a pen in real time. 4 penalties conceded, 3 of which were wrong according to IRPs.

We could be here all day as the list is endless in terms of us being fúcked over by officials this season. Both with incorrect decisions against us and for the filth.
100% this, it's crazy how blatant some of the "poor officiating" has been.

It wouldn't take very long to name all the occasions a game changing decision has gone against celtic in a game this season, there have been none.

The game in Scotland is not straight. It is as simple as that. That should have been a very easy decision for the VAR supervisor to refer for review. It was the blatant pulling of the jersey of a player who had a goalscoring opportunity. The decision not to refer it was deliberate cheating.

Apart from the time we demanded to hear the audio from VAR and called out the referees on a few occasions, naming one to our detriment.

Did we ever get the audio ? Did anyone ever hear the audio ?

We as a Club called out Collum, Clement said it didn’t come from him, but Collum shafted us the first opportunity he got.

Clement needs to realise the game in Scotland is won off the pitch as much on it and drop the mr nice guy routine, grow a set and intimidate every official he comes in to contact with by asking them about each and every documented “mistake” there has been, and there has been plenty.

Did we ever get the audio ? Did anyone ever hear the audio ?

We as a Club called out Collum, Clement said it didn’t come from him, but Collum shafted us the first opportunity he got.

Clement needs to realise the game in Scotland is won off the pitch as much on it and drop the mr nice guy routine, grow a set and intimidate every official he comes in to contact with by asking them about each and every documented “mistake” there has been, and there has been plenty.
I don't think any audio was ever released.

Why are the Club not highlighting this through the SFA with the Cup Final coming at the end of the week. Do what the Scum have done for ages put pressure on the Officials. So simple terms, the Board get the finger out right now!

Why are the Club not highlighting this through the SFA with the Cup Final coming at the end of the week. Do what the Scum have done for ages put pressure on the Officials. So simple terms, the Board get the finger out right now!
How do we know they haven’t?

Most dont want it highlighted through the SFA, they want it highlighted through the media - that is very likely never going to happen… we tried it at new year, and frankly the whole thing was ballsed up badly

The club heard it…
Did they? Then you would assume that more conversations went on with regard to poor decisions in that game and every one that follows.

I don't for a moment think that the club do nothing just because it hasn't been plastered all over socials or in the papers, could they do more or could Clement call it out more than he has, I don't think so and clearly it falls on deaf ears when you see how they reward Collum and tell us to shut up and get on with it.

Did they? Then you would assume that more conversations went on with regard to poor decisions in that game and every one that follows.

I don't for a moment think that the club do nothing just because it hasn't been plastered all over socials or in the papers, could they do more or could Clement call it out more than he has, I don't think so and clearly it falls on deaf ears when you see how they reward Collum and tell us to shut up and get on with it.

Yes cause we then released a statement saying we didn't want Collum officiating our games again and the SFA responded by saying we don't dictate who can ref our games.

Looks like sfa site disallows looking back to get that info but you get if for games to come at a certain point before the game and then the must choose to close it off to the public so sorry can’t find it fergie
Poster above said they t was Sean Carr.

He definitely isn't one of us thats for sure.

Yes cause we then released a statement saying we didn't want Collum officiating our games again and the SFA responded by saying we don't dictate who can ref our games.
Just read the statement again, so they did hear it and there was the disagreement on what was actually said at that meeting.

But what else can the club do in this scenario, we can't call every decision out publicly, we probably won't get listened to privately, especially with the lunatics running the asylum (so to speak), what does everyone want the club to do?

That's my first though because he's awful for it. But that only applies to the on the spot decision, not watching slowed down images of it. As clear a shirt pull as you can get regardless how easily he may go to ground.

Just read the statement again, so they did hear it and there was the disagreement on what was actually said at that meeting.

But what else can the club do in this scenario, we can't call every decision out publicly, we probably won't get listened to privately, especially with the lunatics running the asylum (so to speak), what does everyone want the club to do?

Yeah cause Clement was then questioned on it at the press conference after it came out and he said he didn't agree with the tone of it.

There's not much the club can do other than highlight decisions we feel aggrieved by and hope something changes.

Back