Another tainted title - sporting integrity

NHAMPTON_BEAR

So after another week of conditioning in the papers. I can’t imagine any of us now expects anything other than they get the title. Another tainted one, but they don’t care, we know that they have no shame.

However, if it was really straight forward, I’m sure it would have been done by now. I keep seeing the UEFA statements to prevent chaos in the big 5. If we think about the general lay of the land, we have clubs with severe cash flow issues and we have a new TV contract coming. The clubs who never qualify for Europe don’t give a toss, as next year is worth more to them than this.

Surely Rangers must be making an alliance with Hearts on this? The rules (as I understand it) requires 11 of the 12 to vote for a proposal. Can we help Hearts on this, say paying for Hearts legal bills?

We would need to stay strong against the media backlash and take these scumbags to court. After all, we need to do it for the name of sporting integrity.

Last edited:
The club can’t and better not accept let’s just give the title to Scum FC they haven’t won it and hypothetically we could still win it, not to say after this break the scum drop points and we go on a run helicopter Sunday remember that day No Surrender.
To give the title to them will show how corrupt our game is and in all honesty it’s finished.

The club can’t and better not accept let’s just give the title to Scum FC they haven’t won it and hypothetically we could still win it, not to say after this break the scum drop points and we go on a run helicopter Sunday remember that day No Surrender.
To give the title to them will show how corrupt our game is and in all honesty it’s finished.
Can you imagine the screaming and shouting from their end, if we went back and played out the season and Rangers DID come out on top?
THEY and their compliant Media Machine wouldn’t let it lie. The would go into permanent HYPERDRIVE!

Can you imagine the screaming and shouting from their end, if we went back and played out the season and Rangers DID come out on top?
THEY and their compliant Media Machine wouldn’t let it lie. The would go into permanent HYPERDRIVE!
Absolutely mate and we need to keep believing and if the season restarted and they won it fair and square can’t argue but not under these circumstances no fcuking way.

The thing is the media stance would be completely different if it was them 13 points behind. Sporting integrity must prevail mind...

I’d be paying for nothing for Hearts. They will change the league format to suit them and they will bend over like the rest. We have no friends, it’s our fight and we stand alone. This suits me, the rest will be exposed for what they are. Liewell’s lapdogs!

I’d be paying for nothing for Hearts. They will change the league format to suit them and they will bend over like the rest. We have no friends, it’s our fight and we stand alone. This suits me, the rest will be exposed for what they are. Liewell’s lapdogs!
Do we not need 11/12 teams for something to pass under the current rules? If we go it alone = we lose?

So after another week of conditioning in the papers. I can’t imagine any of us now expects anything other than they get the title. Another tainted one, but they don’t care, we know that they have no shame.

However, if it was really straight forward, I’m sure it would have been done by now. I keep seeing the UEFA statements to prevent chaos in the big 5. If we think about the general lay of the land, we have clubs with severe cash flow issues and we have a new TV contract coming. The clubs who never qualify for Europe don’t give a toss, as next year is worth more to them than this.

Surely Rangers must be making an alliance with Hearts on this? The rules (as I understand it) requires 11 of the 12 to vote for a proposal. Can we help Hearts on this, say paying for Hearts legal bills?

We would need to stay strong against the media backlash and take these scumbags to court. After all, we need to do it for the name of sporting integrity.

The 90% (11-1) Rule for the vote only applies to Qualified Resolutions. It’s far from clear, reading their Articles of Association, whether this would even need to go to a vote of the full membership never mind require a Qualified Resolution. The decision may simply be taken at SPFL Board level. Shocking if it is, of course, but their rules, as ever, are clear as mud

Do we not need 11/12 teams for something to pass under the current rules? If we go it alone = we lose?
Yes, my understanding is that is the rules. Hearts will fall into line on league reconstruction to save themselves. Can’t really be blamed I guess, so we should be paying them nothing. Also these are the current rules, I don’t really trust them not to just make shit up as they go. We’ve been here before!

The 90% (11-1) Rule for the vote only applies to Qualified Resolutions. It’s far from clear, reading their Articles of Association, whether this would even need to go to a vote of the full membership never mind require a Qualified Resolution. The decision may simply be taken at SPFL Board level. Shocking if it is, of course, but their rules, as ever, are clear as mud
Thanks for the input mate - I was not aware of that. Typical Spfl make it up as they go along.

*11/12 - *Rangers deducted 10 points
*12/13 - *Rangers not in league
*13/14 - *Rangers not in league
*14/15 - *Rangers not in league
*15/16 - *Rangers not in league
16/17
17/18
18/19
*19/20 - *Season incomplete

The asterisk years
In fairness shoe on the other foot we would be counting titles they were down the leagues towards a 9 as much as some don’t like to hear that

In fairness shoe on the other foot we would be counting titles they were down the leagues towards a 9 as much as some don’t like to hear that

Of course we would count them but I personally would always say that the 9 we done before had more “sporting integrity merit”. They all count but they will always be remembered as the years we were either in administration, out of the league completely or playing catch up off the field.

Of course we would count them but I personally would always say that the 9 we done before had more “sporting integrity merit”. They all count but they will always be remembered as the years we were either in administration, out of the league completely or playing catch up off the field.
Totally agree with that mate. I don’t think they could compare it to our 9 or there’s either. It isn’t a contest

Your right I posted last week that the SPFL should make their own decision, the fact they can't give them it on a plate as they would like means they are obviously feart of the minefield they could enter.

16/17
17/18
18/19

The asterisk years
When you see it written down like that their “in a rows” are meaningless.

This would be beyond tainted. They quite simply haven't won it. Fact. No amount of dressing it up by their fan boys in the media will change that.

We all know that were it not for all this 9ir pish the season would have been null and void and no one would care. Governing bodies ie European and World would have to decide who takes part in next years competitions such as CL. Football has been ruined by TV money and greed and tbh I could not give a toss if the would lot crumble

You can bet your mortgage that the Sporting integrity issue would of been used in force if this horrible virus struck in the winter break when we were a game in hand from going top of the league! In fact if it did the league would already be null and void.....

You can bet your mortgage that the Sporting integrity issue would of been used in force if this horrible virus struck in the winter break when we were a game in hand from going top of the league! In fact if it did the league would already be null and void.....
Of that there can be no doubt. Funny that eh? Everyday I read the same stuff from a different media lackey - yet sweet fuc* all from Rangers.

16/17
17/18
18/19

The asterisk years

16/17...….17/18......Rangers being damaged so much there followed another two seasons of turmoil where it was impossible to be competitive.

18/19.....only now were Rangers starting to show signs of recovery.

What a mess the League Trophy is going to look with all these asterisks all over it, are there any non contentious seasons? Something like three, it'd look less messy if they asterisk'd these; ones they won squarely if not fairly.

For me, if they’re handed the title, the positive is it completely destroys their 10 in a row. It would be tainted beyond belief and wouldn’t hold any sort of legitimacy.

That needs to be the rhetoric that is now pushed. If that’s the route the SPFL want to go down, we won’t recognise the title as a legitimate achievement.

For me, if they’re handed the title, the positive is it completely destroys their 10 in a row. It would be tainted beyond belief and wouldn’t hold any sort of legitimacy.

That needs to be the rhetoric that is now pushed. If that’s the route the SPFL want to go down, we won’t recognise the title as a legitimate achievement.

Indeed.... 8.8 in a tainted row !

That’s true - but my fear is it will only be us that say that. Everyone else in Scottish football will call us petty.

I could live with it :))

Of that there can be no doubt. Funny that eh? Everyday I read the same stuff from a different media lackey - yet sweet fuc* all from Rangers.
Why should rangers comment on this. Common decency not to get dragged into this, much more important things to be concerning ourselves with.

No way should we get involved in this media trash till somethings decided. Shame on the media and the ones pulling their strings.

I know of a poster on here, who's mother is in hospital and been diagnosed with the virus. We shouldn't even be entertaining this media crassness at the moment.

Back