Ant Middleton getting signed Rangers shirt

He joined as a Royal Engineer, went on to 9Sqn Para Engineers, then joined the Royal Marines and made selection for the SBS.

The guy is nails but really clever, the SF guys are switched on people.

My brother was 5AB, which then became 216 Para Sigs, and he said the 9Sqn lads were absolute headcases, tough as anything wearing the maroon machine, but top lads

Was there at the Mind Over Muscle at the Armadillo last night too.

Guy is total class.

While it is nice to see things like this, it can't help but stick in my throat a bit. My dad turned 70 last month. He's went to Ibrox every second week for over 60 years. He's brought up 3 sons, kitted us out in almost every strip, for years, basically spent a fortune on the club. We now in turn go to Ibrox, and bring our kids up the same way he did us.
I explained the above to our SLO and asked if he could maybe get a signed letter from the manager on his birthday. After weeks of wait, he got back to me and said the manager is too busy, so Derek Johnston or Mark Hateley would sign it.
Bit of an anti climax considering what he's given to the club I felt.
Completely agree, you're father and many like is exactly the type of person the club should be bending over backwards to spoil!

In fact they don't need spoiled, a simple signed letter like you asked for would do more for your father than a tour of Ibrox would for Ant Middleton.

While it is nice to see things like this, it can't help but stick in my throat a bit. My dad turned 70 last month. He's went to Ibrox every second week for over 60 years. He's brought up 3 sons, kitted us out in almost every strip, for years, basically spent a fortune on the club. We now in turn go to Ibrox, and bring our kids up the same way he did us.
I explained the above to our SLO and asked if he could maybe get a signed letter from the manager on his birthday. After weeks of wait, he got back to me and said the manager is too busy, so Derek Johnston or Mark Hateley would sign it.
I hate hearing stuff like this

Seen him last year at a work event and he did a bot of speaking at it, he has had some life and teh kind of gut you want on your side when she sh1t goes down, but by god he is tiny:cool:

You raise a good point and there is always scope for constructive criticism towards the club.
These are small things that go a long way and could make a great club truly great.

Whilst it would be unreasonable for the club to grant every minute and nuanced request, I hope in the long term, when the dust has settled and we are restored to full health, that we have someone well on top of this sort of thing.

A Rangers version of the Queens telegram would be something special and appreciated by many, I’m sure.

You raise a good point and there is always scope for constructive criticism towards the club.
These are small things that go a long way and could make a great club truly great.

Whilst it would be unreasonable for the club to grant every minute and nuanced request, I hope in the long term, when the dust has settled and we are restored to full health, that we have someone well on top of this sort of thing.

A Rangers version of the Queens telegram would be something special and appreciated by many, I’m sure.
Yes it would. The SLO did have the decency to call me when I complained that I hadn't heard back from him and my dad's birthday had been and gone. He said they had a lot of requests for the small team who deal with this type of thing. It would have been a great gesture from the club to have honoured him with a letter from the manager though.

I hate hearing stuff like this
Completely agree, you're father and many like is exactly the type of person the club should be bending over backwards to spoil!

In fact they don't need spoiled, a simple signed letter like you asked for would do more for your father than a tour of Ibrox would for Ant Middleton.
Totally agree with everything you say mate. My dad is kind of old fashioned in the way that he cares about his family and Rangers, not much else matters to him.

Seen him last year at a work event and he did a bot of speaking at it, he has had some life and teh kind of gut you want on your side when she sh1t goes down, but by god he is tiny:cool:

Talks about his height in his book and how it fucked him during military training when doing murder runs up mammoth hills whilst carrying a heavy load on his back.

Said he just had to find another way, as if he didn't he was out of the military, or at least out of the running for getting into the regiments that he wanted to.

Last edited:
Ex military myself, He was in both the Army and later Royal Marines, then onto the Special boat service, (SBS), imo, they are even more elite than the SAS, if that's possible.
I have heard from former colleagues that Ant has changed from a humble guy into an arrogant celeb, it may just be heresay though.
Probably jealousy mate.

I get what some are saying about our long serving fans but the modern world is all about PR and this is brilliant PR.
At the end of the day it's a good bit of exposure for the club!!
And positive for a change :D

Seems a great guy.

Posted it on his own social media page, got over 500k followers so nice bit of publicity for the club too.

Ewen Cameron is notable for being a public figure who treats us with even handedness and a bit of respect.
I know that shouldn’t be remarkable but these days it is.
Credit to him.

Lot of time for him, he’s a good guy. A Hearts fan but defo has a soft spot for us.

Can we get him in for the team talk before the filth.

Lol actually we might down to 9 men in the first 5 mins

Ex military myself, He was in both the Army and later Royal Marines, then onto the Special boat service, (SBS), imo, they are even more elite than the SAS, if that's possible.
I have heard from former colleagues that Ant has changed from a humble guy into an arrogant celeb, it may just be heresay though.

Just plain jealousy .

Truly horrendous if true .

Scunnered reading that TBH.

Truly horrendous if true .

Scunnered reading that TBH.
I should clear up that Gerrard didn't say he was too busy. The slo said they had a backlog of requests for the manager, so it wouldn't be possible. It's still bad though.

I should clear up that Gerrard didn't say he was too busy. The slo said they had a backlog of requests for the manager, so it wouldn't be possible. It's still bad though.

Yeh I never thought Gerrard refused. I read it as they couldn’t be bothered asking him so they’ll just get DJ or Hately to do it .

How did it come to be that Ant Middleton has a soft spot for Rangers?

What a guy, love the SAS show.

Back