Antonio Colak

Sh3230

Two questions;

1) If we had kept him and didn't sign Lammers would we have won the league?

2) Considering he's not getting a game for Parma this year would you resign for say 2m?

For me both are yes. Could have easily seen him and Dessers getting 15 goals a piece and complement each other; Dessers having better overall play but Colak being a natural finisher.

If he's not getting a game in Italy then you would imagine there would be less interest and probably cheaper than Shankland.

Two questions;

2) Considering he's not getting a game for Parma this year would you resign for say 2m?

For me both are yes. Could have easily seen him and Dessers getting 15 goals a piece and complement each other; Dessers having better overall play but Colak being a natural finisher.

If he's not getting a game in Italy then you would imagine there would be less interest and probably cheaper than Shankland.
It’s Monday now mate. Put the drink down!

Two questions;

No and no. He wasn't good enough. Could put the ball in the pokey but didn't offer much else.

So, buy him for £2m, sell him for £1.5m because he wasn’t good enough then - buy him again for £2m?

If we have that as a budget for a striker, I would be signing Shankland
Was it not we thought him for £1.8m and sold him for £2.5m? Anyway, you’re general point is right :))

He was poor and he'd be worse than Dessers up top on his own.

For some reason we never give two strikers a go. If we do it's out of position and stuck out wide. Or in Beale's case it was to play a CF as a number 10.

The system we play requires a different type of player which is so evident in our play and partly why we play long mostly the midfield is far to slow and passive to play this system with the players we have he should play 442 in the final and we would have a better chance but he won’t do it.

No way I would sign him again now. But it was madness and a massive risk to let both him and Sakala go in one window when lack of goals was already a chronic problem. We should have kept at least one of them and if they could have added another 10 goals to Dessers' 20-odd we would probably be at least 3-6 points better off.

Lack of goals from midfield and to a lesser extent defence would still have been a problem though.

He scored all his goals in a three month purple patch in the first few months of the season, was then out injured for a while, and scored something like 2 goals in the second half of that season. He's a journeyman striker who offered much less than Dessers and his career reflects that. If I'm honest I'll remember him more for his goals against us for Malmo that put us out the CL qualifiers.

So, buy him for £2m, sell him for £1.5m because he wasn’t good enough then - buy him again for £2m?

If we have that as a budget for a striker, I would be signing Shankland
It's certainly a novel approach.

Not scored for Parma since October and getting older but, aye, why not!

He’s not getting a game in the 2nd division in Italy and you are seriously asking if he would have won us the league?
Instead of Lammers, yes I do.

Do you honestly think he would have missed the 1v1 vs Hart? Or the 6 yard header against Aberdeen last minute? His goals would have kept us in the race early doors and then would have had well ahead with Celtic and there dodgy patch at end of year.

I get people points about his overall game being poor and his press was awful but the guy would have scored the big chances Lammers missed in big games earlier in season.

All if but and maybes but was mental for us to punt a guy who had 14 Goals in 25 games for someone who had 4 goals in 5 years.

Last edited:
A journey man that had a decent season on loanwith Malmö. If he never scored against us we would never had looked at him

He's played for 16 clubs. A handful of them playing for German club B teams

Instead of Lammers, yes I do.

Do you honestly think he would have missed the 1v1 vs Hart? Or the 6 yard header against Aberdeen last minute? His goals would have kept us in the race early doors and then would have had well ahead with Celtic and there dodgy patch at end of year.

I get people points about his overall game being poor and his press was awful but the guy would have scored the big chances Lammers missed in big games earlier in season.

All if but and maybes but was mental for us to punt a guy who had 14 Goals in 25 games.
Did you miss the sitter he missed at the piggery?

Bloody hell, I do think we should have an end of week vote on the most batshit crazy posts.
You Op, are already in contention this week.

No & No. it’s the same as Sakala, they’re not good enough for what we need and for what they cost.

Dessers has scored more goals so that should probably defeat the idea of Colak winning us the league.

Back